It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘Tex’-Files : Engine Stopping UFO - Levelland, Texas 1957

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Bedlam

Thanks for the information Bedlam.

Any thoughts on Rendlesham - 23 years after Levelland? There are similarities and differences.

Wasn't there a very very similar incident in Texas just about the same night, or within a day or two of Rendlesham? Maybe there was a bad software update.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
People still see primitive airships sometimes, blimp-like things, and
especially saucers.

There are a lot of misidentifications of normal processes, too. The entire data set is very noisy, thus did I say, "not every one, mind you".

If you want an idea of how badly the untrained true believer identifies normal processes, go out with a MUFON chapter and watch as a detached observer. Every plane, satellite and meteor is a space buddy.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If you throw away ALL scientific respectability, would you surmise that someone is tweaking the constants of nature on a localized scale to pull off these theatrical stunts?

Why, yes.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

If you throw away ALL scientific respectability, would you surmise that someone is tweaking the constants of nature on a localized scale to pull off these theatrical stunts?

Why, yes.

Dang. I didn't think you'd admit that.

So whatcha think?

What is more likely?

1. Ancestor simulation aka Nick Bolstrom
2. We are executing in a dyson swam around the last star/Black hole right before the Big Rip
3. The Universe is a quantum computer and we are being farked with for it's humor value?
4. Some advanced race from sometime/somewhat is actually herding us like lemmings with this
"reality control theater"
5. Please don't say it's our government/breakaway civilization---that has no merit whatsoever.

Just asking.

Followup question-- what is causing the apparent reduction of high strangeness events
of this type? (seems like the golden age was the 50's 60's 70's). I don't buy the cell
phone camera answer.. those cameras can't catch this stuff and people don't walk
around all day with the good stuff. Besides "the phenomenon" can't be caught on
film unless it wants to be.. it seems to be atemporal in it's knowledge.

Kev

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

5. Please don't say it's our government/breakaway civilization---that has no merit whatsoever.

What if your government WAS the breakaway civilization and was selling you a big bill of goods on the actual state of things?

Followup question-- what is causing the apparent reduction of high strangeness events
of this type? (seems like the golden age was the 50's 60's 70's).

Vastly better electronics resulting in vastly better field control. Big advances in material science. Bigger headed egg heads. New mathematical tools.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I agree 100%.

Giving credence to even 5% of the "sightings" might be a little generous.

I'm so tired of Iridium flare, Venus, mylar balloons, quadcopters and all
the other nonsense being confused for something.

Also generic self-delusion and psychotic breaks.

yet I did see a "BTUFO" seemingly point blank.. I know that *something*
is definitely going on. So sort of likely deceptive "UFO theater".

Kev
edit on 13-10-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Well at least we agree it's "UFO theater" via local modification of the laws of physics.

I won't be a true believer and argue with you.. I don't have the data to prove anything
one way or another.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just wanna say thanks to M.M. In these days, where ats is boiling over with the presidential election, its really nice to get a reminder, why i am here on this site.. so thanks again, and keep up the good work you are doing M.M. !!!!

edit on 13-10-2016 by JoeHansen because: for spelling check

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeHansen
Just wanna say thanks to M.M. In these days, where ats is boiling over with the presidential election, its really nice to get a reminder, why i am here on this site.. so thanks again, and keep up the good work you are doing M.M. !!!!

M.M is a treasure.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Bedlam. I enjoy your posts.

Edwards last week was fun. I got two ideas of what i saw. both use refraction.

One is nuts n bolts. Oh please of please!

The other is a rig you can test out without nuts n bolts and them mount to something nuts n bolts. Its job is to thwart optical tracking from russian missiles and or screw over large band radar. Spoof the begeezus out of tracking. Its possible they were testing different settings that resulted in the show i saw. The first high altitude passes seemed almost like normal high flying high speed aircraft until it jinked and streaked. I dont think it actual did thoulaterIt was still a craft maintaining it course. I dont think that i was directly observing it as it really was if you know what i mean.

I think later they tested out the rig unmounted from a vehicle or uninstalled from the ground using blooms and different settings. Working out some bugs. To do the ECM thing.

But, part of me really wants the second half of the show to be what youre refering to, and if so, I believe its an older model. Since it was so bright and semi unstable.

Either way. Looked like they were running two software sets. The second object was better controlled and refined in movement.

Also is dielectric refraction index manipulation techniques really about propulsion or yet another method of stealth? Or did it start from humble beginnings with large band radar evasion and they went. "Wait. Whats this? But that would mean...egads. Lock this down fast. Tell nobody. "

I get the oversll process. Im more interested in how they can dial in the metrics so as to not do all that other stuff from back in the day like kill plants, shut down engines, screw with electrochemical processes in witnesses brains leading to percieved temporal dialation. also how they eliminate the cerenkov? Just keep all thats happening all really close to the test mass so its not as noticable or interacting with the environment like some refined CQED methodology. or use a second field or something to rectify everything so it doesnt extend to things like people and cars....and plants.

Then theres the three lights. They dont look like landing lights. Maybe something to screw up sensors of potential observers. They appear high frequency and sorta blurry and fuzzy. ill be damned if they dont appear to be some sort of cerenkov............tachyon condensation from the field being the most intense at those spots? That would make sense if your changing the metrics inside the field. Anything exiting would have a faster phase velocity than the local C beyond the field.

Also heres something to throw by you. Its just my crazy idea....but. If the eye really can see a single photon and it turned out parts of our optical sensory and vision do rely in someways on photon superposition so as to not collapse the waveform at the retina. Aaaaand...you engineer it so the photons your emitting dephase or whatever during transmission to the brain from the retina. The waveform would collapse and you would not be able to observe said craft emitting those particular photons. Legit optical stealth to thwart the old mark 1 mod 0 eyeball? Ok none of that probably made anysense. But im hoping you can decipher what it is im pondering.

Ok....another post with a bunch of questions that will never get answered.
edit on 13-10-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

he is indeed !

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Wasn't there a very very similar incident in Texas just about the same night, or within a day or two of Rendlesham? Maybe there was a bad software update.

Yes. The Cash Landrum case . Again another twist in programming. The car did not stall, the headlights did not go out. However the occupants were affected by some kind of radiation if the accounts are true.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeHansen

Thanks for the kind comments. Politics is important but I don't really want to get involved in American politics other than to say it seems a choice of the lesser of two evils. Thankfully I won't be casting a vote because I can't!

If ATS want to get political then fine by me. But I still think the old fashioned core topics of conspiracies, paranormal topics and of course UFOs are important to many of the members and even casual viewers.

edit on 13/10/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The cash landrum case sounds like they were using a flame jet generator like a van de graff generator on steroids to produce a shyte ton of electrical power to do something with.
edit on 13-10-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeHansen

I would like to agree wholeheartedly with you!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Its the bread and butter of ATS and there are fewer butter sandwitches than I prefer these days!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Edwards last week was fun. I got two ideas of what i saw. both use refraction.

Lots of stuff goes on out there, it's as happening a place as Kirtland most days.

Or did it start from humble beginnings with large band radar evasion and they went. "Wait. Whats this? But that would mean...egads. Lock this down fast. Tell nobody. "

Yes. Think about that one a long long while. Think about the time frame this was all evolving in. It'll come to you.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Before this case, how many incidents of power loss were there? This is where that effect was cataloged, and is so prevalent today in the thousands of cases afterward. That is why I like it. It is original, and there are no stupid pics to pick it apart. Great, multiple testimony. A real keeper, and most likely very, very real.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It could well be military but do we know of anything today that can stop vehicles engines running and turn out their lights?
Electronic systems, yes.
But in 1957 cars didn't use electronics. Points and plugs. Not sure how one would disable then re-enable them.

Well, there are "electronics" present here. The capacitor and coil provide the sufficient energy to arc the plug gaps when the rotor closes the circuit on a wire from the distributor. Capacitors are known to be influenced by severe electro-magnetic fields, especially the electrolytics, which is what was used. I would bet that capacitors were at least at the root of some of the problems, but then of course, there are the batteries, the selenoid in the starter and the headlights....

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Again an interesting and well made topic mm.

Regarding the abducion of Villas Boas there's a whole chapter about it in a book by Mark Pilkington. Unfortunately I can't copy paste from my digital version...

In here the name Bosco Nedelcovic pops up being part of some psychological warfare test.

It also mentions the project Operation Mirage with UFO incidents being manufactured between the 50s and 60s by the CIA.

I don't want to explain it all away with this, but perhaps it gives some extra perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join