It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Closer Look At Jill Stein

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington
It's sad that in the United States your best option is to cast your vote, not FOR president, but in order to PREVENT someone from becoming president. It's like being given a choice between a punch in the teeth and a kick in the nuts. Which choice is likely to hurt less?

Really? Three hundred fifty million people and this is the absolute best we're capable of doing in this country?

She was already picked by the establishment no one nominated her to be president

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
First reply and we begin with the ignorance and generalizations.

At least I got this one in before someone brings up Wifi and vaccines.

originally posted by: Orionx2
She spray painted private property like a gang banger. She is a waste of time.

Spray painted a bulldozer in protest of a pipeline she stands against; while it's a crime, you're the kind of person who loves free speech but villianizes those he disagrees with.

Gangbanger though? Really? Has tv melted your brain that badly?

If she cannot respect the law then there is no respect to be given.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

An act against a corporation in support of the people. We need more politicians to act like that kind of gang banger.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

An act against a corporation in support of the people. We need more politicians to act like that kind of gang banger.

No, no we don't.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Its been a long time since I've seen unyielding loyalty to the state.

I guess all those activists in history who broke laws to bring attention to causes and in the end, made the world better deserve no respect.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Please don't concern yourself with your vote helping one of the 2 parties. I have voted 3rd party every time and have only witnessed grief and complaining after Americans vote in a blue or red gangster... as if they are they only valid options going into the elections, yet they are almost always looked at as a regretted decision after the term ends. I feel fully confident each time around, when I vote 3rd party, that I did not endorse politicians of past.

I hate to say it, but we are getting garbage politicians because we have garbage voters giving them the keys to set our policies... if you put garbage in, you get garbage out.

How these 3rd party candidates are not staged with an equal part of media presence throughout the entire campaign is beyond me? In the information age we live in, and media can only provide it on levels that make it a 50/50 choice? I hope the party system gets abolished and that candidates are forced to campaign on their resume instead of who they are affiliated with.

I believe the tyranny of legacy in current politicians have grown to a point where Americans must be rid of the Republican and Democrat parties before we are able to get the correct officials into office to make change. Insurance companies call a bad investment a loss at a certain point and look to replace the damaged goods... I hope to see more voters look at our government in the same way (a total loss... time to replace). All 3rd party votes are a vote in support to ending 2 party tyrannies.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban
Thanks for the input and I agree. For me I want to vote my conscious, so even if a 3rd party vote contributes to one of the two majority candidates, at this point I chose to exercise my privilege in a way that makes the most sense to me. Additionally, viewing a world painted by Stein is much more appealing and harmonious(imo) than Trump or Hillary.

I get the sense that Stein will put people and ecology before profit, much more so than red and blue and this point, and I value that.
I like her anti TPP stance,predatory Capitalism protection and government reform ideas.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
She, in my opinion, would get eaten alive on the world stage. I don't think she has the grasp of international affairs needed to be the President. She also has some wacky ideas but I will leave those to others to discuss.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I guess all those activists in history who broke laws to bring attention to causes and in the end, made the world better deserve no respect.

You do not get it. If a Elected official (or potential elected official) breaks the law and says it is okay then what is to keep everyone else from breaking any law they think is not okay? It is not acceptable that Jill spray painted private property. That tells everyone else in the country is is okay to do the same.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

And the Oil Company wants to poison and destroy publicly owned property.

Really - what's that word that 'war-mongers' like to use 'proportionality'.
edit on 8-10-2016 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You do not get it. If a Elected official (or potential elected official) breaks the law and says it is okay then what is to keep everyone else from breaking any law they think is not okay? It is not acceptable that Jill spray painted private property. That tells everyone else in the country is is okay to do the same.

How's Trump Universty's investigation going?
Hillary's email scandal?
Benghazi?
Trumps countless fraudulent, or borderline(if we're going to place that much importance on the letter of the law) and shady, corrupt actions in his business dealings?

Everyone talks about the lesser of evils - in lieu of the boot wearing wizard, I'll take a grafito-tagging "gangbanger" any day.

That's ignoring the fact that she was charged as far as I can tell - more than I can say about anyone else in the race. The idea of looking for some sort of squeaky clean candidate is going to leave you scraping through the bottom of the barrel and 6 inches into the dirt below.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Hillary's email scandal?
Benghazi?
Trumps countless fraudulent, or borderline(if we're going to place that much importance on the letter of the law) and shady, corrupt actions in his business dealings?

Everyone talks about the lesser of evils - in lieu of the boot wearing wizard, I'll take a grafito-tagging "gangbanger" any day.

That's ignoring the fact that she was charged as far as I can tell - more than I can say about anyone else in the race. The idea of looking for some sort of squeaky clean candidate is going to leave you scraping through the bottom of the barrel and 6 inches into the dirt below.

So that justifies Jill breaking the law?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Hillary's email scandal?
Benghazi?

You must have missed it so I'll say it again.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Hillary's email scandal?
Benghazi?

You must have missed it so I'll say it again.

Once again, so that justifies Jill breaking the law and makes her presidential material?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Once again, so that justifies Jill breaking the law and makes her presidential material?

Do you see me say it does?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Seems to me that if ANY third-party candidate had been allowed into the debates, they'd be running away with it by now. The game is rigged.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Yes, or what is your point in this thread?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington
It's sad that in the United States your best option is to cast your vote, not FOR president, but in order to PREVENT someone from becoming president. It's like being given a choice between a punch in the teeth and a kick in the nuts. Which choice is likely to hurt less?

Really? Three hundred fifty million people and this is the absolute best we're capable of doing in this country?

To be blunt, people don't like to lose. Too many people would rather support a despicable winner than support a great candidate that they believe will get trounced. And most people don't seem to like or even care for politics. So if the "good" people won't apply for those positions, it only leaves the "bad" ones to win them.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Yes, or what is your point in this thread?

Defending the only candidate who isn't a complete piece of #?
Defending the one candidate whose pros and cons I've weighed against the others and found her to be a diamond(if flawed and imperfect) in a pile of turds.

At this point maybe I'm just here to annoy people like you, who think spray painting bulldozer blades is some sort of high crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join