It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put your prayers in the dumpster where they belong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: vethumanbeing

vhb:
Not so; (what do I stand accused of)? I have no idea what you are speaking of. Your interpretation seems off.

Joecroft: You stand accused of Bamboozling lol the poster intrptr…how do you plead…?
perhaps you should pray about it…actually speaking of praying…

I dont pray; I plead for "HELP!" occasionally (of course not thinking will actually be observed and answered). That is the odd thing; those pleads are answered (humorously).

vhb:
Dont ask God for Stuff!! God will not give it to you; on the other hand, the Universe can be prevailed upon.

Joecroft; a serious person: If praying to God is a form of begging and is distasteful too you, then how is praying to the Universe any better…? Or, why is one regarded as begging and being distasteful, compared to the other…? What’s the difference…?

The Universe is a place; not a being (similar to asking your house to give you money).

edit on 14-10-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Originally posted by intrptr
Mm hmm..

and get the same response Jesus did when he went onto the temple and overthrew their tables. They killed him. But go ahead, pick a big church, on Sunday, and go do that.

I don’t belong to any Church…I Belong to God…

I just want to know how you view prayer…I promise not to attack or make fun of your view or position…I’m just curious as to what it is…

Originally posted by intrptr
He said he had a different way, they said he was claiming he was king. He said the temple isn't a house of worship, the soul is, and they accused him of terrorism. He said love forgive and help others, they accused him of helping criminals.

Yeah I agree, Jesus knew that the Pharisees were not following the one true God, but instead the Father of Lies, which is why they despised Jesus so much, because he was teaching spiritual truth….

- JC

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing
I dont pray; I plead for "HELP!" occationally (of course not thinking will actually be observed and answered). That is the odd thing; those pleads are answered (humorously).

“Plead for help” lol

Well, who do think Jesus was referring to when he said ask your Father in Heaven etc…?

The Universe is a place; not a being (similar to asking your house to give you money).

Have you never heard the expression “The Universe is alive”…

- JC

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: intrptr
Just ask! It is amazingly simple (I NEED HELP on this one small thing). No need to pray to a diety!! (thats just crazy talk). It really works. I am happy to confirm this for you (you will get my bill within 10-12 days). I had dumpster diving friends when in grad school...never a second thought; one satisfies *passively* basic needs one way or another. Grocery store bins are the best.

Prayer is a good practice if you are just starting out in the Kingdom. It allows you to learn how to have a relationship with God, humble yourself, and certainly increase your faith to a certain point. However, as time goes by, you need to expand and transcend the act of praying to direct communication with Father, meaning you function, act, speak, and think just like God. It's what I call 24 hour meditation. You no longer ask God for Wisdom. You use God's Wisdom and Abilities on a daily basis. God's Will on Earth comes through you so to speak. Everything should be natural and flowing with the river as you use God's Light, no need to beg nor ask for anything. Because indeed the Kingdom of Heaven is within you. This means that everyone has a Divine Spirit of God literally within them.

edit on 10/14/2016 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

vhb: I dont pray; I plead for "HELP!" occationally (of course not thinking will actually be observed and answered). That is the odd thing; those pleads are answered (humorously) in the most unexpected ways.

Joecroft: “Plead for help” lol Well, who do think Jesus was referring to when he said ask your Father in Heaven etc…?

Ask my Father in Heaven for what, (not send me on a suicide mission)?

vhb: The Universe is a place; not a being (similar to asking your house to give you money).

Have you never heard the expression “The Universe is aive".

Sure; I agree, IT has 'conciousness' to what degree, have no idea.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Have you never heard the expression “The Universe is alive”…

- JC

The Universe is alive because we are actually living inside of a very large body of God's Feminine aspect--The Mother Spirit. It's the same concept why everybody call Mother Earth. Every physical manifestation of God is from the consciousness of Mother God. There are many step-down and step-up levels of the Mother Spirit. The Earth is the lower level, while our local Universe is the higher level. Mother is the Master of Space where she manifests herself to all physical reality. She is literally in all places at once. That is another reason why people say God is everywhere.

So yes, the Universe has the God consciousness of Mother. If you ask the Universe something, you are talking to Mother.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ask my Father in Heaven for what, (not send me on a suicide mission)?

Funny lol

Yes, that could be a good start, unless your mission and teachings were so important whereby it might help saves many others spiritually; then you might well consider it a worthwhile endeavour to die for…

Well, you don’t need to fully know all aspects of how a plane works, to know that if you remove the engine or propellers, that it’s not going to fly…

- JC

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft
So many leader deviners attempting to help the human raise itself; not Just Ice Jesus. Mohammed, Zoraster, Buddha, Confuscious, Osiris all resonated in appropriate time frames, Mohammed and Buddha the most conspicuous 'modern' pretenders to the Christian throne. You do realize no being of SON OF GOD quality has appeared other than that within the Mormon Faith in 200 years? What happened? did God give up on us or a 2000 year old tradition (name any religion) is adequate for those alive in 2016 (did someone drop the ball regarding pushing devotional dogma)?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

So many leader deviners attempting to help the human raise itself; not Just Ice Jesus. Mohammed, Zoraster, Buddha, Confuscious, Osiris all resonated in appropriate time frames, Mohammed and Buddha the most conspicuous 'modern' pretenders to the Christian throne.

You do realize no being of SON OF GOD quality has appeared other than that within the Mormon Faith in 200 years? What happened? did God give up on us or a 2000 year old tradition (name any religion) is adequate for those alive in 2016 (did someone drop the ball regarding dogma)?

I know only too well the Mormon beliefs…I spent 10 whole weeks discussing Mormonism with 2 Mormon Sisters, one of whom came direct from the City of Utah!!!…the only reason I got involved was to help a friend…but that’s whole other story…

I’ll tell you exactly what happened, from a “being there” type perspective…

Many of the traditions of an all conquering Messianic figure, found in the Old Testament, didn’t get fulfilled by Jesus. It was this fact combined with misunderstanding Jesus metaphoric teachings that this belief about a return sprung up and was then edited into the texts. This also kept the link between Jesus and the Old Testament theology intact.

The Christ returning that Jesus referred too, was really parables about the Spirit of truth returning in people, whereby the Kingdom of God would reign on the Earth. Even the “Son of Man” returning phrase, was also coded language for the Spirit of truth rising up within the individual…IMO

- JC

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: yuppa

I always figure that no would be the worse answer.

Not always. Sometimes NO is the best answer.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

"Prayer" is a form of worship. Another oft misused, misunderstood word, meditation.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I agree

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

For what it's worth:

I used to find Mormons to be just awful for some reason. I have since grown to admire not the religion but the people.

They are open minded re: Apocrypha and knowledgeable about. They are decent, hard working people who you can trust (in general) and though the younger missionaries can be brash and confrontational when they grow up they grow out of it.

Of course a lot of ridicule is deserved by the Church as a whole for its beliefs, I do think that the less powerful Mormons who just live good clean lives deserve some respect.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

Originally posted by Malocchio
I used to find Mormons to be just awful for some reason. I have since grown to admire not the religion but the people.

They are open minded re: Apocrypha and knowledgeable about. They are decent, hard working people who you can trust (in general) and though the younger missionaries can be brash and confrontational when they grow up they grow out of it.

Of course a lot of ridicule is deserved by the Church as a whole for its beliefs, I do think that the less powerful Mormons who just live good clean lives deserve some respect.

Yes, absolutely. A wise man once gave me some advice about learning to separate people from religion, and he was right…

A friend of mine was concerned about a friend of his who had gotten caught up in the Mormon church. My friend knew I was fairly knowledgeable on the Bible, so I was chosen (so to speak lol) to go and speak to him…you know, try and talk some sense into him. I told my friend I would just speak to him, and that I couldn't make any promises etc…

Anyway, I finally arrange this meeting and when I get there, it’s not just the guy, but 2 Mormon sisters lol waiting for me as well. Throughout the rest of the meetings, the guy I’m supposed to be helping, didn’t even turn up half the time lol

But Yeah, over the first few meetings they were impressed with my knowledge of the Bible and the fact that I’d read a lot of Apocryphal texts. Mormonism was one of the few Christian theologies that I knew next to little or nothing about, so it was quite an eye opener…

I was surprised myself about how open they were towards other apocryphal writings; Which was one aspect which we connected with straight of the bat… Of course I was already in what I consider to be the “Real Spiritual Truth”…I was just there to help this guy out…

I did try to sow some seeds of truth while I was there, but it was mostly one sided, as they were just trying to teach me their Religion, but secretly, I was really teaching them!

- JC

edit on 16-10-2016 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Funny thing I learned about Mormons.

They are in high demand for CIA and FBI, other Alphabet gangs, because they are trustworthy and pliable.

You just don't want one running the country because their first loyalty is to LDS.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio
CIA traditional recruitment comes from Ivy League legacy schools; Yale/Harvard/Darmouth/Princeton; not sure Mormons are true enough blue blood legacy holders to these institutions (qualify).
edit on 17-10-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join