It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Put your prayers in the dumpster where they belong

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not so; (what do I stand accused of)? I have no idea what you are speaking of. Your interpretation seems off.
edit on 11-10-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing
Not so; (what do I stand accused of)? I have no idea what you are speaking of. Your interpretation seems off.

You stand accused of Bamboozling lol the poster intrptr…how do you plead…?

Perhaps you should pray about it…actually speaking of praying…

YUP! and prayer is a form of begging I find distastful; I'd rather ask the Universe (or err---NATURE) FOR A BREAK for GOSH SAKES!!!

Dont ask God for Stuff!! God will not give it to you; on the other hand, the Universe can be prevailed upon.

If praying to God is a form of begging and is distasteful too you, then how is praying to the Universe any better…?

Or, why is one regarded as begging and being distasteful, compared to the other…? What’s the difference…?

- JC

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Im not accusing you of anything, I was just intrigued by your notion that Jesus returned already, asked who you thought it was.

Its enough already.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

I'll interpret that somewhat. If you need help with roads in your congressional district, you ask the gubment for help. Not the president though, the department of roads.

Prayer is not 'asking' for stuff anyway.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

I don't agree.

I have prayed at least 8,515 prayers over the last 23 years. That would be an average of 1 per day, I have seen plenty of them answered and many unanswered. Now I gave you the average of one prayer a day but there are many days when I prayed multiple times in a day and those I cannot put a number on. And I am sure there are some I don't know of that were answered but will only find out later.

The most recent major answered prayer was for a house just a couple of months ago. Not just one to rent but to buy. I had no money, I put a bid on one house, we won the bid. the day we won I also got a check to cover the earnest money but not enough to prove I had what I offered in my bid. Three days later someone loaned me the full amount to pay for the house. I am paying off the loan and it will take seven years at only 3% interest.

So prayer to our Lord Jesus Christ, our God and Saviour, for needs are always answered. For our desires not so often. And like someone else said prayer does comfort the heart of those who we pray with going through hard times. And our life and answered prayers encourage others to pray as well.

It is ok if you don't like to pray. But if you do pray for Jesus to speak to you and lead you to salvation. Then you can start a prayer journey.

edit on 12-10-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You count your prayers?

Do you ask for a reciept too?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio
Well it looks as if you didn't understand.

I pray everyday since I was saved, at least once a day. Not to hard to figure a minimum amount of prayers, just times the years and extra months by days and wala.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Stop harassing me with your nonsense.

I don't care about you or anything you think, say or try to claim about me, a person you don't know who knows way more than you.

You always insult everyone who disagrees with you.

Anytime you're proven incorrect you either vanish or say "preserved word...kingdom of grace...ahhhh!!!!!"

Get a grip and a life and don't assume that I don't understand. I understand that all you do is say the same 5 phrases over and over while trolling every religious thread with words nobody takes seriously and I never see anyone ever agree with you.

I understand that you're an angry person who uses this website to spread b.s. that nobody is buying, probably because nobody will listen to you in public or a Church.

That your pseudo-interpretations of scripture are dualistic between Jew and not Jew.

Meaning you see a difference even if a Jew goes Messianic.

You seem anti Semitic, though I hope ONLY seem. But you're mad that not everyone agrees with you and take out your anger by trolling.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Isnt it only begging if you say Please?
of course most make that mistake. you request action and accept what ever the outcome is. Most of the time the answer is No.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I'll interpret that somewhat. If you need help with roads in your congressional district, you ask the gubment for help. Not the president though, the department of roads.

I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make.

I can only assume (based on the context of my question too Vethumanbeing) that you’re making an analogy. With the Government representing the Universe and the President representing God…or vice versa…

But forgetting the analogy hypothesis for a moment…the Problem…is that the President could pass a new bill which has a direct impact on “roads”…and that new bill may just be the help that a person requires etc…

Prayer is not 'asking' for stuff anyway.

When you state what something is NOT, you should also include what you believe/think it IS, especially if what you’re stating goes against most standard definitions of whatever that thing maybe…

You do also realize that I never stated myself what prayer was…right..?…I only quoted Vethumanbeings post where he/she/it said “Don't ask God for Stuff” and “I’d rather ask the universe” etc…your comment above would be better directed towards said poster…

But anyway, most people who pray either ask for something, or they give thanks for something…that’s generally what people do in most cases when they pray…you obviously have other ideas about prayer…

- JC

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
WELL SAID JOE! I totally agree..thanks for saving me the effort of another unfortunate MISCOMMUNICATION with intrptr!??

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Im not accusing you of anything, I was just intrigued by your notion that Jesus returned already, asked who you thought it was.

Its enough already.

ME? WHAT? Wrong person..My thoughts about Jesus concern the Idea ONLY he introduced of *Christ Consciousness*: an ideaform pertaining to the kingdom; that place or circumstance wherein the soul (individualized) is eternal and lives forever.
edit on 13-10-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Its enough already.

I never said he returned; he left *residue* is all in the form of a footprint.

edit on 13-10-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

When you state what something is NOT, you should also include what you believe/think it IS, especially if what you’re stating goes against most standard definitions of whatever that thing maybe…

Uh uh. People are so brain washed and conditioned to the 'standard definition' of what 'prayer' is, I don't bother, in general.

Thats like everyones own road, I just pointed out the wrong road.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

WELL SAID JOE! I totally agree..thanks for saving me the effort of another unfortunate MISCOMMUNICATION with intrptr!??

Oh well. Heres one more analogy. When you go to a class do you sit there and talk, or listen? Do you ask to be told or given this or that lesson or wait for the teacher to teach you?

Do you bow your head in class and murmur or stay attentive and listen?

Be still and know, the voice of reason and wisdom is a still, quiet voice, somewhere within.

The kingdom is within. I know you recognize the snippets of scripture.

Back to the thread title... throw what you think you know about pray in the dumpster...lol

Last reply here.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Its enough already.

I never said he returned; he left *residue* is all in the form of a footprint.

I got news, he already returned and the world knew him not, just like the first time. They killed him this time around too.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Uh uh. People are so brain washed and conditioned to the 'standard definition' of what 'prayer' is, I don't bother, in general.

Thats like everyones own road, I just pointed out the wrong road.

But if you have a unique truth, that is the one true one which goes against the standard (well known) truth, then you should try to light the way for others…

Pointing out many or a few things that something is NOT, would take too long to get your point across…at some point you have to state what that truth is…

In your humble opinion what is prayer according to you…? and why do you see it that way…?

Not sure what you believe in, but most believers and people in general derive their view/definition of prayer based on these verses below…

Matthew 18:19
19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

Matthew 21:22
22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Mark 11:24
24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Footnotes

John 14:13-14
13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

John 16:7
7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

There are also many prayers of giving thanks to God in the Old Testament; Jesus also gave thanks to God when he broke bread at the last supper…

- JC

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

But if you have a unique truth, that is the one true one which goes against the standard (well known) truth, then you should try to light the way for others…

Mm hmm..

and get the same response Jesus did when he went onto the temple and overthrew their tables. They killed him. But go ahead, pick a big church, on Sunday, and go do that.

He said he had a different way, they said he was claiming he was king. He said the temple isn't a house of worship, the soul is, and they accused him of terrorism. He said love forgive and help others, they accused him of helping criminals.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

Seems more like you were harassing me with your nonsense.

Please copy and post every insult I have made towards everyone and you. Oh and by all means please show where I harassed you in any way.

When ever you are proved wrong you never admit it. Like the 12 disciples where representatives of the 12 tribes of Israel though one of them was a Canaanite by the name of Simon.

You seemed to misunderstood what I wrote about my prayers when you asked me if I count all my prayers and was requesting a receipt. All I did was mention how I came to the number of prayers I have said since being saved. Some people BTW do keep count and prayer journals that house all their prayers and I am sure you would find those people have prayed a lot more than me.

I am the least angriest person you will ever meet. it really takes a lot more than your Pseudo-interpretations of scriptures to get my dander going.

But I am still amazed that for such a smart person you can gather anger and harassing from words with no capitalization, exclamation points, no symbols replacing words, no eye contact, no body language and no intonation of speech. No one could claim to be 100% correct as you claim about me without those parts of language to communicate anger or any other emotion. Especially in the format of text/post.

I have taught in churches and schools that believe as I all around the world. My understanding of scriptures is based on right division of God's word and inspired by God in a Bible he promised to preserve to every generation.

Jesus will be a messiah to the Jews whether they believe in him or not.

I am Pro Israel. I pray for the peace of Jerusalem knowing that more tribulation for them will come before peace is brought by the Prince of peace when he comes.

If I had been trolling I would have been banned long ago.

edit on 14-10-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I always figure that no would be the worse answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join