It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put your prayers in the dumpster where they belong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
stupidest postedded ever -editttt
edit on 6-10-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

I don't believe in God and i find your post arrogant and narrow-minded. How does someone praying affect you?

Sad how shallow some people are.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Why do you care?

They act of prayer doesn't harm anyone, if i pray for the people of Florida its hardly going to make things worse.

I am not massively religious but i work quite a lot with people who are at the end of their lives in there last few days of life with their families and loved ones and the number of people who find comfort in religion is astounding.

So i get a little pissed off when people try to belittle it, as if I am some who less inteligent or of less worth than you are because i chose to go sit in some old building once a week and say a few payers with some other folk.

Taking the line "region is stupid" is to me like saying "homosexuals are disgusting", "blacks are criminal" or "women belong in the kitchen". Its the same moronic thinking that someone is worth less than you for being different.

If someone wants to pray just let them get on with it no matter how stupid you think it might be.

I personally feel nauseous at the thought of a man putting his penis in another man's anus but if thats what he wants to do then am not going to treat him any different never mind go online and bash away on my keyboard about it as if i am some how superior to him for it. Its the same thing to me as you saying prayer is somehow stupid.

Different people live their lives in different sometimes strange and bizarre ways but so long as they are not harming anyone then let them get on with it

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Wife's Prayers Bring Dead Husband Back to Life

www1.cbn.com...

Raised From The Dead -Miracle stories of those brought back to life

www.miraclesofthesaints.com...

Dead For 45 Minutes, 14 Year Old Boy Comes Back To Life After Prayer

naturalsociety.com...

Prayers do work to save lives, there is plenty of evidence to prove it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Help is help. No need for organized religion to enter into it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You only find the idea of people being both helpless and hopeful as illogical because you are a psychopath.

Normal people, regardless of their beliefs, at least understand, face the truth of things (remember you are going to die, too) and have compassion.

edit on 6/10/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You probably spend too much time with social media and don't have time to or a reason to pray because you don't enjoy it.

But it's good for some people to talk to God, mentally healthy even.

It's a form of meditation, a lot of successful and happy people do both.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right.

Instead of keeping people and their plight uppermost in my consciousness thoughts, I ought to hop in my car and drive right down there into the heart of the storm to see if I can help them while it's still blowing away. Maybe I can effect some deep water rescues or something. God knows I have no training, but anything is better than keeping all those people in my thoughts so that as soon as the aid caravans are formed I don't forget to do my part to help them out in whatever way I can ...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I believe the OP's last argument was this it was a big waste of time.

See, instead of praying, we ought to be actively doing something about it. Instead of praying, people should be trying to drive into the storm to help as soon as we can because we can do so much with those few seconds or minutes we spend in quiet prayer.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

God dont control everything. he made the planet and just lets it run its own way. NAtural disasters happen because they are natural. not everything is Gods fault even wars and things liek that are not his fault. but hey what do i know right?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

I don't believe in God and i find your post arrogant and narrow-minded. How does someone praying affect you?
Sad how shallow some people are.

So arrogant and narrow minded I decided to respond to you and your idea of "affection/affliction of prayer someone does" and those ones shallow such as me people are.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

God dont control everything. he made the planet and just lets it run its own way. NAtural disasters happen because they are natural. not everything is Gods fault even wars and things liek that are not his fault. but hey what do i know right?

God may not BOT! but the Absolute holds all power, law and order, chaos..

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So you only endorse help from the non religious? if people need help and religious groups have the resources to do so what's the problem. remember how amazing the US government was during Katrina?

help is help regardless of which help you endorse. so freaking pety

why did you post Janis Joplin? some hidden meaning? I'm not really a fan

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So you only endorse help from the non religious?

Ive had my fill of church.

Its a club. club house, club dues, club presidents, club meetings. Self serving and manipulative.

If you do anything, plant a garden say, you have to prep the soil, plant, water, cultivate, weed, fertilize, protect from pests, harvest... None of this is helped one iota by prayer. You could put that to the test if you like. I guarantee if you don't put in the effort to do all these things, no amount of prayer is going to help.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I prayed once... for no reason at all.
What I learned that day was that someone bigger than myself is listening.
Tone it down dude, tone it down...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Thanks for the snicker. i needed that. It comes back to free will. Yes even nature has a will of its own.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Thanks for the snicker. i needed that. It comes back to free will. Yes even nature has a will of its own.

YUP! and prayer is a form of begging I find distastful; I'd rather ask the Universe (or err---NATURE) FOR A BREAK for GOSH SAKES!!!

edit on 7-10-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
originally posted by: intrptr

JDmOKI: So you only endorse help from the non religious?

intrptr: Ive had my fill of church.
Its a club. club house, club dues, club presidents, club meetings. Self serving and manipulative.

Its a dogma. A dogma house, dogma dues, dogma presidents, dogma meetings; always focused on GROWTH in numbers (breeders).

intrptr: If you do anything, plant a garden say, you have to prep the soil, plant, water, cultivate, weed, fertilize, protect from pests, harvest... None of this is helped one iota by prayer. You could put that to the test if you like. I guarantee if you don't put in the effort to do all these things, no amount of prayer is going to help.

One thing with my garden worked; HARD WORK (I did not pray over it as is useless begging and God has better things to do than suffer my petty greivances regarding insects and birds). I am a virtual visitor here; the insects and natural wildlife have been here far longer than I have by 100's of thousands of years.
edit on 7-10-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

One thing with my garden worked; HARD WORK (I did not pray over it as is useless begging and God has better things to do than suffer my petty grievances regarding insects and birds).

Thats why I used it as an example.

And presented Janis Joplin song above" "Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz, my friends all drive Porches, I must make amends..."

Somewhere in all that dogma it also says, knows your needs before you ask, and look at the birds and lilies... etc.

Further: True prayer like worship is lost nowadays, it doesn't mean bow your head and ask for stuff.

edit on 7-10-2016 by intrptr because: Further

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Dont ask God for Stuff!! God will not give it to you; on the other hand, the Universe can be prevailed upon. I would start small; asking for convienient open parking spaces near the door of your intended shopping venue. Once you have mastered this; the physical world is practically yours for the taking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join