It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put your prayers in the dumpster where they belong

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I've posted about this topic before, how absolutely stupid praying is and how it hurts humanity in general. Today an even stupider example of this has shown up.

Once again on Twitter I noticed a trending hashtag. This time, it's #PrayForFlorida. Immediately I am thinking "Oh no.. did religious people go on a murdering spree again?". Luckily I was wrong, there was no terrorism at all. What is happening right now is a super powerful hurricane is making landfall. It's coming in and it's going to cause massive problems, deaths, injuries etc.

Religious people are tweeting as fast as they can to pray for the people there.. meanwhile.. didn't their god cause this? Isn't this part of their gods master plan? Do they think they are better than their stupid god? If not why are they trying to force their god into changing their plans? I don't get it. I don't understand this stupid type of thinking.

I almost died of laughter when I read someones tweet "Please don't just tweet that you are praying, actually pray". lol.. wtf???!?
They are basically saying "Instead of just tweeting that you are going to do nothing, actually do nothing".

The hurricanes are only going to keep getting stronger as climate change continues to be sped up exponentially by pollution, greenhouse gasses etc. Instead of doing something to help fix the problem, their answer is to be an idiot and pray instead. Unbelievable.
Their answer to this problem is to do nothing.

I am constantly seeing shows on TV where people are moving into new homes and stuff. So many of these people are moving into nice looking homes in South Florida... Are these people idiots? South Florida is going to be underwater in the next few decades or so.. how are people so incredibly stupid beyond belief.

I'm guessing that when the ocean is in their living room and they have fish swimming around their feet, their answer will also be to pray to fix it. lol what a f**king joke.

These praying losers ignore reality and we all have to suffer as they poison our air, our water, our land because they think their scummy god is going to help em out. Earth is in a sad state right now.
edit on 6-10-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No one knows one way or the other if there's a god but I find your post ignorant in belittling others based on their faith. You have faith in no god. Other's have faith in a god. I personally don't care.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Yes cause your perception of reality is definitive and you have absolute knowledge on the matter. I guess those millions of people praying and having hope is such a horrible activity.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If anyone on ATS™ should KNOW what belongs in the 'dumpster' I personally would look no further than "DumpMaster". hahahaha

I'm in Central Flori-Duh and have dogs and a 76 y.o. immobile Mother-In-Law so I'm staying put. Plus My Wife has to stay w/the patients..

I read about a theory one time and it went like this:

When a group gets together to do a "Group Prayer" that they're actually praying for "more calamity" e.g. The Preacher says "Lets all focus on those who are in battle dealing with death and destruction etc. etc. " and while they're doing this they're actually in contact with their "Higher Selfs" and the Higher Self recognizes this as a "desire" that the person in Prayer is WANTING death and destruction...

I haven't given much thought whether this is a valid theory or not.. I don't pray.

namaste

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreatWay

Yes cause your perception of reality is definitive and you have absolute knowledge on the matter. I guess those millions of people praying and having hope is such a horrible activity.

They can pray all day long every day from now until they die. These hurricanes will be increasing in power as the problem that is causing them is not only ignored but sped up by their total lack of action.

There is evidence, there is proof, there is fact.
Praying is the definition of doing nothing. Having hope is fine, but you still have to do something about it. Hoping for the best while fixing the problem would be okay but these people can't see the problem because they are blinded by religious stupidity and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

If anyone on ATS™ should KNOW what belongs in the 'dumpster' I personally would look no further than "DumpMaster". hahahaha

Well, said, I agree totally

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I don't pray but I do disagree.
It can give people comfort in bad times. I think we all in a way pray "Oh please let me get that job" for example we hope and If that gives people hope well good for them...just don't preach to the rest of us we should do it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I don't pray but I do disagree.
It can give people comfort in bad times. I think we all in a way pray "Oh please let me get that job" for example we hope and If that gives people hope well good for them...just don't preach to the rest of us we should do it.

yes Imaginary friends are comforting to people who are insecure.
What you are describing is hope, not praying. If this is all just a problem with people using the wrong word when they mean something else than we really need a new word. Praying is garbage. It also seems to contradict religion. Isn't your gods plan to kill people with a hurricane there? If so, do these praying people think they are better than their god? If their god is so weak that it does the bidding of mere humans than what god is this? It's all so contradictory and absolutely stupid beyond belief.
edit on 6-10-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Meaning these praying losers ignore reality and we all have to suffer as they poison our air, our water, our land because they think they scummy god is going to help em out. Earth is in a sad state right now.

So that's what they do at church and at Bible study, the treacherous little...

If people are praying for Florida then at least they are thinking positively about it, it's a lot more than many others do. Tweeting raises awareness too, I bet there is still people in the SE USA who don't know a potential disaster is approaching.

I get it, you don't like the religious folk. Even they get things done in times of disaster though and what you see is a bunch of lazy good for nothing people praying, when in reality that religious person and his/her congregation are people actively collecting donations and making an actual difference.

I see no issue with #PrayForWhatever, it raises awareness if anything and maybe someone will notice they can physically help somehow.

I didn't even mention the scientific studies on the power of prayer and positive thinking.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hmmmmm... and you know all this how? Are you omniscient? Omnipotent? Are you... dare I say it... our all-knowing and all-seeing GOD personified???

Nope. Just one more "Church of Me" passing judgment on others with absolutely no practical or productive purpose.

I'll keep praying. I really don't know if it helps or not... but I know for sure that doing nothing helps nothing.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Hmmmmm... and you know all this how? Are you omniscient? Omnipotent? Are you... dare I say it... our all-knowing and all-seeing GOD personified???

Nope. Just one more "Church of Me" passing judgment on others with absolutely no practical or productive purpose.

I'll keep praying. I really don't know if it helps or not... but I know for sure that doing nothing helps nothing.

I am better than all the gods of all the religions on earth combined because I am human.
All humans are.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

whoa honestly people who get so upset they have to make a page long complaint about something as harmless as praying is what is wrong with the world.

non selfish acts don't bother me but pointless hateful complaining certainly does.

get over it

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

So what is people pray as well as help and donate money to help? I have a feeling these people still bother you

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

whoa honestly people who get so upset they have to make a page long complaint about something as harmless as praying is what is wrong with the world.

non selfish acts don't bother me but pointless hateful complaining certainly does.

get over it

I don't understand a lot of the commenters in this thread. Much of what is being said back to me is extremely selfish. Selfish people call me selfish because I am thinking of all of humanity while they think of themselves.

example
Trump wants to fire up all the coal power plants again because he doesn't believe in climate change and says his god made earth etc and will take care of it etc etc.
This type of thinking hurts everyone. This is what selfishness is. Coal power plants lead to acid rain which is bad. More pollution leads to higher greenhouse gases which is bad, it increases the power of hurricanes and much more.

But keep praying and being selfish.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

So what is people pray as well as help and donate money to help? I have a feeling these people still bother you

I am totally for helping people, donating money etc. I am even more for preventing this type of thing from happening in the first place though.

I do hope everyone is okay in this mess, but lets say everyone makes it through okay. These religious people will say well we prayed and it worked, meanwhile the next hurricane will be more powerful because nothing has been done to tackle the cause of the problem.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I kinda get what you're saying here but there are plenty of religious folks out there that understand how science works I don't think they're praying for hurricanes to disappear lol. Just praying for people to be comforted in troubled times there's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Sounds like you have a deep rooted hatred for the religious, which is fine. but complaining about prayer though shows intolerance and lack of understanding and respect for people who are different.

what prayer last like 5 mins or so? like I said who cares at least it's usually silent

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah, here's the thing:
If you're religious, don't have the nerve to tell your God what to do. If you want to pray, the only prayer you need is "Let your will be done". If it's the will of God that thousands of people die because of a natural disaster, accept it. If it's the will of God that the natural disaster suddenly and miraculously disappears, so be it. YOU are definitely NOT special enough to God to make him completely change his plans just because you asked him to. Children are starving to death, women are being sold as sex slaves, people are being burned alive. If God is ok with that, he's not going to care that your poor pet Sparky hasn't been eating his doggy treats lately.
If God created the world and nature and all of its weather patterns, then God created hurricanes as well, knowing they would at some point in time blow down houses and flood towns. Why would he circumvent his own design just because it's scary? "Oh thank you God for this beautiful world you've created, just not that particular part there; we don't like that, so make it go away."

edit on 10/6/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You're obviously unclear on the concept of prayer and you're certainly not alone in that boat. Prayer isn't like making wishes to a magic genie. At least, Christian prayer.

Ever seen the Lord's Prayer? There's a segment there too few meditate on: "...thy will be done." If you're saying the Lord's Prayer, that's what you're praying for. (Not that YOU do, just saying).

How about the Serenity Prayer?

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference."

I happen to like that one very much.

Since I have little reason to believe you're going to change, I accept your view as one you're entitled to.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If they want to pray let them, probably won't do anything.

Praying isn't just (pray to God) for such and such but sometimes it's way to feel better about a situation that could have gone better, not for god's help but pray to yourself that it'll be different next time etc..Plus it's a way for people to "help" others when they have no physical/financial way to do so.

I don't pray but feel for others in harsh situation's they didn't ask for.
edit on 6-10-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join