It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Now Blaming Obama For Its Embarrassing Override Of His Veto

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I've seen this going on for years now....since he got elected. And it continued when he got elected again.
And I'm PROUD to say I voted for him BOTH TIMES.

Naturally. I've seen it ongoing for years now too, I'm just saying that with this recent action they literally painted themselves into a corner.

Just gonna leave this here with no comment.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

This bill has got to be the ONLY right thing the USA has done in the ME.

Most terrorism is exported from these barbarians.

About time we hit them.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Notice how most of the posts here ignore all the Democrats who voted to veto Obama.

No one is ignoring the Democrats, honey. My argument is against CONGRESS, not the GOP.

And yet all the hate in this thread is directed towards Republicans and Trump voters.

Show me these posts hating on Republicans and Trump voters... If your feelings are hurt because you think people don't like your homies, may I suggest a midnight Twitter storm? It'll make you feel batter.

originally posted by: jaws1975
So countries being held accountable for their actions is a bad thing now? This alternate reality keeps getting more and more bizarre!

How is the government of Saudi Arabia responsible for 9/11?

I've seen this going on for years now....since he got elected. And it continued when he got elected again.

Me, too, babe.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Notice how most of the posts here ignore all the Democrats who voted to veto Obama.

In fact, none of them do.

In fact, we just discussed it above.

And yet all the hate in this thread is directed towards Republicans and Trump voters.

Whoa. Are you a congressman? Sure sounds like it.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yes.

And me too.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I bet some lawsuits will prove the House of Saud was involved in the 911 attacks and some others as well.

Obama is worried about his alliance with the House of Saud and ISIS.

Exposed.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Whatever blows your hair back. I'm sick of kowtowing to the "liberal" slamming.

If you are voting for Trump, you are lacking something between the ears. ("you" being the general "you." As in "you people.")

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Whose courts should the other country listen to?

We are talking about American courts and American families, let's not use strawman arguments please.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That's for the courts to flesh out.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Whose courts should the other country listen to?

We are talking about American courts and American families, let's not use strawman arguments please.

What is strawman about my argument? What makes Saudi Arabia subject to our courts exactly? Hell, why should Saudi Arabia even listen to a subpoena coming from our country in the first place?
edit on 30-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That's for the courts to flesh out.

And IF SA is found complicit, extremely unlikely, how do the families collect? All they have to to is say, "Go to hell" and all that's happened is the lawyers make a lot of money and nothing else.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Exactly. Being able to file a lawsuit is just going to make money for lawyers. And cost taxpayers. Because no judge has to "hear" the suit.

It's frivolous, provocative, and ignorant.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

And some of us are sick of both sides, yours being included, of wailing when the "other side" does something your own is more than happy to do. It's comical in the extreme, and being blase about it just makes it more comical.

Whatever tickles your pickle, dude.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'd laugh, if I wasn't rolling my eyes hard right now. This would be symbolic at best, and no one would ever get a payout, let alone make it to court with reps from both countries. As I understand it (and I may understand it incorrectly) countries have to consent to getting sued before anything goes further. It's that Sovereign Immunity thing. Ain't it a bitch? In this context, it's called "blood from a turnip" without that consent, and thus is completely fruitless. Aside from making overly emotional nitwits feel like they accomplished something. That's the symbolic part I mentioned.

link   
a reply to: jaws1975

No, we're talking about Americans trying to sue another country. The Saudis don't have to pay any attention to it at all. And for that matter, if they did, we should all be suing GW Bush for the mess he started.

Read "Dirty Wars" by Jeremy Scahill. If you want to talk about "war crimes" you need to read that first. It is a prerequisite. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld --- ALL OF THEM belong in prison.

This ridiculous legislation just opens the door for Assad to say the same thing for his citizens...and they'll all sue the US for killing the wedding party and guests, the grandmothers and little kids....for destroying their homes, their lives, and their entire country.

If you think for one minute this makes sense, you MUST be living in a video game. Dude....it's insane.

link   

We are talking about American courts and American families

I don't think you have the basic understanding of what this story is about. The new law says that citizens of our country can sue the government of other countries for acts of terrorism. To sue someone, all parties must meet in a court of law.

How to we force the Saudi government to come to the US and stand trial, according to OUR laws?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

This bill has got to be the ONLY right thing the USA has done in the ME.

Most terrorism is exported from these barbarians.

About time we hit them.

It won't only apply to SA. It will set a presidency that will allow any foreign country to confiscate any Americans property or business on foreign soil.

Not real risky for the first world stuff, but good luck expanding into anywhere not a hard core Ally.
edit on 30-9-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Here you go, Nyiah.....

copy and keep for future use.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

We are talking about American courts and American families

I don't think you have the basic understanding of what this story is about. The new law says that citizens of our country can sue the government of other countries for acts of terrorism. To sue someone, all parties must meet in a court of law.

How to we force the Saudi government to come to the US and stand trial, according to OUR laws?

They will confiscate the wealth of Saudi citizens.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
As I understand it (and I may understand it incorrectly) countries have to consent to getting sued before anything goes further. It's that Sovereign Immunity thing.

The other main factor to bear in mind is that the bill contains a clause enabling the Attorney General to halt any suit for up to 180 days at which time it can be again halted for 180 days. After a year the Secretary of State can put it on indefinite hold by stating the United States is in 'good faith' negotiations with the country in question.

Basically the Federal government can stop any lawsuit before it gets to the trail stage if they want.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join