It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Now Blaming Obama For Its Embarrassing Override Of His Veto

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: Annee

Maybe you can answer my question, is it really dumb to hold countries accountable for their actions?

It's impossible to do so. That's the thing. Everyone up in arms about nothing.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah. Way to fan the flames, congress.

Holy moly....someone please beam me up to the Mother ship NOW!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Yep. The Congressional response to Obama's entire Presidency in one obvious and shameful episode.

These guys are the worst. From celebrating their "victory" over Obama, to blaming him when he tried to stop them from being idiots and now they have "buyer's remorse" is just beneath the bottom of the barrel.

yup.

Thanks for saying it.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Orionx2
It is an election year. Anything that shows support for 9/11 will look good to their voters. That is why it was 97-1 in the senate and 348-77 in the House. They will get praise by the voters then after the elections they will change the bill. Whatever it takes to get the sheeple to vote them in.

Exactly. Today, emotionalism wins over pragmatism every time. That's why Obama is so unpopular with so many. Instead of rushing to an emotional decision, or producing a tweet storm all night, he's thoughtful about every angle of a situation and weighs the consequences... then finds a balance between emotion and practicality that makes sense. .

Exactly why I voted for Obama. He's a methodical thinker.

What's wrong with me?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Also,doesn't TPP (that obama says that we can't live without) give other nations the ability to sue U.S. entities?

Why wouldn't he want us to be able to sue other countries?

(post by Picklesneeze removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Picklesneeze

BECAUSE IT MAKES TROUBLE. I would ask "what is wrong with you people?" but I know what it is.
Lack of education and foresight.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Republicans blame democrats. Democrats blame republicans.

Will wonders never cease?

link   
a reply to: Picklesneeze

No, you didn't hit a nerve. You're no different than the gezillion other people who like to call liberals names.
Sore Loser is what all of Congress are. And you, too. Get over your ignorance, and come back and talk like a grown-up.

edit on 9/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Do you really think it is a good idea to let the public's judgement determine if a country is actionable? The public has notoriously bad judgement and letting the public get involved in international affairs will only lead to disaster.

The courts will be getting involved, and if the courts aren't good enough then we should let everyone out of prison.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Yeah. Way to fan the flames, congress.

Holy moly....someone please beam me up to the Mother ship NOW!

Well one thing this issue proved to me. That the Republican members of Congress only care about taking the opposite position of Obama and could care less about any actual policy. Which makes the Democrats who signed off on this bill be DOUBLY dumb because they didn't think through the Republicans' motivations before trying to get their names on a bill with bi-partisan support.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

edit on 30-9-2016 by intrepid because: Done.

link   

Do you really think it is a good idea to let the public's judgement determine if a country is actionable? The public has notoriously bad judgement and letting the public get involved in international affairs will only lead to disaster.

The courts will be getting involved, and if the courts aren't good enough then we should let everyone out of prison.

Which courts? Our courts or the other country's courts? Which matter more? Whose courts should the other country listen to?

link   

I've seen this going on for years now....since he got elected. And it continued when he got elected again.
And I'm PROUD to say I voted for him BOTH TIMES.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not really. Educated people blame ignorant people. That's what it is.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Dude, chill. Get a grip. I have NEVER defended the 9/11 murderers. Oh, and...

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
What about suing America for its roll?

I have TOTALLY supported holding Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld accountable for their role in 9/11 and the following wars.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Maybe you can answer my question, is it really dumb to hold countries accountable for their actions?

Really? Didn't know a whole country pulled off 911.

The political world is evolving globally as it should.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not really. Educated people blame ignorant people. That's what it is.

This would mean so much more if you hadn't felt compelled to resort to attacking intellect as the foundation of your comment. All you've really done is perpetuate the meme that liberals default to ad hom attacks during debate.

I'll stick by what I said, thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join