It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied to : Christians , Muslims , Jews - all worship the same God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: LeFaiseur
a reply to: fatkid

You all worship the same being

Well, you pretend to say so speaking for us all supposedly, but, you, who are you worshiping?

'God' is a ubiquitous word to the world. When you say God, you're referencing the single God contextually, unless the God has a title, IE: God of Fire, God of War.

Other words that translate to 'God' also literally depict this same figure, despite the word being spoken and spelled differently, this is obviously normal for another language as you would expect, however also where the misconception comes into play. Dieu is the word for the contextual single-God in French, but this does not mean they worship a big French man in the sky as opposed to an American one. They worship, the same generally described old bearded man, however do not say 'God'.

Your words.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: imjack

Your sauce just failed : *alllah*

I noticed that too. It's definitely a second Muslim God separate from ours, this Alllah.

As for Allah, we should be okay.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

You all worship the same being

Well, you pretend to say so speaking for us all supposedly, but, you, who are you worshiping?

'God' is a ubiquitous word to the world. When you say God, you're referencing the single God contextually, unless the God has a title, IE: God of Fire, God of War.

Other words that translate to 'God' also literally depict this same figure, despite the word being spoken and spelled differently, this is obviously normal for another language as you would expect, however also where the misconception comes into play. Dieu is the word for the contextual single-God in French, but this does not mean they worship a big French man in the sky as opposed to an American one. They worship, the same generally described old bearded man, however do not say 'God'.

Your words.

I understand you don't get the 'despite spelling' part, it's okay. Yes, these ARE words Jimmy.

They don't use English characters to begin with, so if you were writing something in Arabic, Allah/Alllah/Alllllllah would all be incorrect. It's the symbol on the right of the screenshot. الله

America likes to spell things in other languages- in their own, phonically, the same way we spell Japanese words. Who are you blaming for the mistake?
edit on 24-9-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

1. You're saying that you did not.

2. You must have meant yours.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Are you still trying to speak to me?
edit on 24-9-2016 by LeFaiseur because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

1. You're saying that you did not.

2. You must have meant yours.

1. Prove it, idiot.

2. Prove it, idiot.

Gosh, as an Atheist, that was fun to type.

Edit: Still Rofling over him being so triggered he accuses 'Jack' of being a Muslim. No wonder we are losing freedoms.
edit on 24-9-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The third commandment comes to mind for me too.

Images can hold sway over individuals imaginations, and it feels like to me that they were originally intended to help make one more familiar with the energies they are supposed to represent. It's all too easy to confuse what something looks like for what it really is.I feel like the danger here lies in not going beyond skin deep and using superficial appearances to limit ourselves.

In that context, I feel the Monotheistic faiths all worship the Creator.

Maybe a little abstract, but this is how it makes sense to me. I've been fortunate to cross paths on my journey with some great Jewish and Muslim friends.Looking to what we have in common, I recognized our shared belief in God The Father.This is the description that comes closest to me as the Creator in Christian thought.Hebrew thought has shown me emphasis on The Father, Muslim thought exemplifying the difference the power of virtue makes in one's life.The Catholic in me, an understanding of the Holy Spirit.Practicing the Golden Rule has really shed light on this, by learning to look to the highest good in different situations....

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LeFaiseur

Here you go,

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24-9-2016 by fatkid because: I was being smug

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: Raggedyman

So aside from the banter and straw man,

Do you agree or disagree that they all worship the God of Abraham?

Umm No we dont, and if you study the teachings of each and compare you would not even entertain this. Yeah Ishmail was the BASTARD son of abraham(he was married to sarah first and never married haggar) And as such was granted a part in the prophecies.(he is controlled opposistion in other words) His part was to sire a people who would be a thorn in the side of Abrahams children.

"allah" means "the God." correctly in arabic. WHy say It that way? Because its not the same one they worship is it?

Now im not saying this is gosphel but its what i understand but the bible has alot of contradictions and i might just be mis understanding it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: zosimov

Two things

#1 disagree with hitler on everything and I said "and that has nothing to do with anything"

#2 the link you provided says "In public speeches, Hitler references providence, and sometimes said he was Christian."

Did you read the very next sentences? Here's the sentence you provided in context.

In public speeches, Hitler references providence, and sometimes said he was Christian.[14] Officially, the Party endorsed what it termed "Positive Christianity" which stripped the religion of its Jewish origins and certain key doctrines such as belief in the divinity of Christ.[15][16][17][18][19] In practice Hitler's regime persecuted the churches, and worked to reduce the influence of Christianity on society.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yuppa, other than the part about biblical history the 2nd and 3rd part of your post make no sense.

I'm not asking you about a study of the teachings, Mormons Jews Catholics and Muslims all have very different teachings, but the center of those teachings is God.

So what is your point?
edit on 24-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If it was "basic knowledge" why are so many people disagreeing with it?

Because being part of the same source is vastly different from holding to the same practices/beliefs.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Zosimov, what is your point?

He said he was Christian, you probably weren't even alive 70 years ago, how do you know what he believed other than what he himself said, he isn't exactly known for being politically correct when he spoke......

But this isn't a conversation about hitler so please stop trying to derail it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That isn't the arguement

I never said they held the same beliefs. Obviously Mormons, Catholics, Christians, Jews, Muslims, all have different practices and beliefs.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Zosimov, what is your point?

He said he was Christian, you probably weren't even alive 70 years ago, how do you know what he believed other than what he himself said, he isn't exactly known for being politically correct when he spoke......

But this isn't a conversation about hitler so please stop trying to derail it.

What a joke! Who brought up Hitler in the first place? You wrote that Hitler was a Christian, so why don't you tell me how you thought that was relevant to the topic?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That isn't the arguement

I never said they held the same beliefs. Obviously Mormons, Catholics, Christians, Jews, Muslims, all have different practices and beliefs.

Fair enough. I agree with you that all of mankind was sourced from the same God.

edit on 24-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

When I brought him up I said "but that has nothing to do with anything"

Or can you not read?

The point is the actions of so crazy Germans can't be used to speak for the entire Christian faith, just like some crazy jihads can't speak for all of Islam

Stop trying to derail the thread

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were granted the right to make baseless and incorrect statements and say that it had nothing to do with the thread but no-one would be permitted to challenge said statements.

Proceed.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You can challenge it if you want,

if you truly believe that the actions of the German army during World War Two speak for for all of Christianity then you are entitled to do so, but I hope you can see how it has nothing to do with the OP.

My statement was a response to someone, maybe you should read their post and understand they were trying to make bible prophecy out of the war on terror in 2016.

Thanks

edit on 24-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

The first paragraph in that documentary basically says all evidence I got in this video doesn't come from the holy texts of the religion, it comes from things written "centuries later"

Yes, and we live centuries after the source documents were written. The apostle Paul was heavily influenced by Stoic philosophy in his own understanding of God, it isn't real clear in what ways he differentiates between his Christian God and the monotheistic post-exile Judean God. He conflates them. His conflated God is not exactly the same as the non-conflated version.

Here's a quote from
Pagan Origins of the Christian Myth

What you're about to see is that ancient religion was functionally different from our religion. It served different purposes. Our religion has been squeezed down to where it's mostly about morality and salvation. Ancient religion did those, but it also did other stuff. Which is why it's smart to separate ancient religion into parts. Like so...

Civic Religion
Personal, family, tribal, city and national religions
Function: a) bargain with the God-beings so they'll cause good things to happen
b) access the power of the God-beings to predict the future

Philosophy
Morality. Science.

Mystery Religions
Personal contact with God. Salvation.

Paul was establishing a mystery religion within the Greco-Roman World. But, unique to Paul's approach was that the 'mystery' was made exoteric as apposed to esoteric. The spoken message of Jesus Christ was a part of the mystery initiation. Which gave the Spirit. Which bore the 'fruits of the Spirit', which are the opposites of the deadly sins.

For the Civic Religion part; that was split between obeying the authorities (Laws) and care for the Church community (initiates to the Christ mystery).

The God of the mystery is defined by the mystery; the God to whom Jesus Christ is related in some way.

So it adds nothing, I'm talking about the God of Abraham and his sons.

Abraham was a polytheist. To him El Elyon was the creator (Gen 14:22). The Tribal, family god who gave him the promise of progeny and gave him the name Abraham and even helped Sarah to conceive was El Shaddai. (Gen. 17:1-14)

The Qur'an, a really really long time later claimed that Abraham's one and only God was Allah. That claim is disputed for good reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join