It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied to : Christians , Muslims , Jews - all worship the same God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

If you have read the two texts you would understand that they deliver different messages. I am not here to tell you which is the better one to follow, they both bring joy to the adherent, but they are different and hold to different beliefs.
I have a copy of the Bible and the Quran, and i can assure you that the context is not lost in the Quranic exerpts. Does every follower of Islam fight a holy war? No. I taught Saudis for 7 years and have had many discussions about religion/life etc. We had great discussions but do not meet in the middle. Which is okay.
I can assure you, the teaching of Mohammed is not the same as that of Jesus.
Also the basic tenets (as I said) are vastly different. The doctrine is different.

So do you think that passage meant that Jesus carried a sword? I can explain that passage if you'd like.

Let me know.
edit on 24-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I never said the religions were the same.

I said the God was the same.

You only see what you want to see and can't even comment on the topic of the post.

There are plenty of Christian "occultist"

You can't discredit anything I've said other than saying,
obviously it is the origin of "those people" (sounds pretty racist), that is point of this entire post...... His father was Abraham, I'm starting to doubt you read the OP.

edit on 25-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Did you read op?? I'm not taking about Jesus's teachings or Mohammad's teachings...

I'm talking about the God of Abraham and that it is a fact the God in the Quran and the God in the bible are the same God

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Genesis clearly refers to two 'gods', by comparison with Mesopotamian texts they can be identified as the brutal Enlil - the 'LORD" of "LORD God"- and the benevolent creator of human beings Enki, "God" also known as the "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."

The Islamic god is neither of these, but he is identifiable as a Sumerian god named Nannah.

"In modern Islam the name of their god is 'Allah', and they identify this god as the same as the god of the Jews, 'Yahweh', and they also embrace Jesus as one of the prophets, although a lesser prophet compared to Muhammad. According to the generally accepted accounts, Muhammad was born around 570AD, and received a vision and a calling from Allah. Muslims consider Islam as a continuation of the Jewish and Christian religions, however the physical evidence contradicts this claim.

“In ancient Arabia, the sun-god was viewed as a female goddess and the moon as the male god. As has been pointed out by many scholars as Alfred Guilluame, the Moon god was called by various names, one of which was Allah” (Islam: Beliefs and Observations, New York: Barrons, 1987, Pg.7) “There is no reason, therefore, to accept the idea that Allah passed to the Muslims from the Christians and Jews” (ibid. Pg.28)

“Ilah .. appears in pre-Islamic poetry .. By frequency of usage, al-ilah was contracted to allah, frequently attested to in pre-Islamic poetry” (Encyclopedia of Islam, eds. Lewis, Menage, Pellat, Schacht; Leiden: E.J.Brill, 1971, III, Pg.1093) “Allah was known to the pre-Islamic Arabs; he was one of the Meccan deities” (Encyclopedia of Islam, ed. Gibb, I, Pg.406)

“The name Allah is also evident in archaeological and literary remains of pre-Islamic Arabia”. (The Call of the Minaret, New York: OUP, 1956, Pg. 31) During the time of Muhammad, the worship of the Sumerian god named Nanna (Sin), was extensive throughout Arabia, and his name appears as Ilah, or al-ilah and eventually Allah. He was worshiped as the head of a cosmological trinity, and therefore Nanna may in fact represent planet Jupiter - rather than the actual moon.

The general conclusion of these sources is that Allah was not a new god, but rather he was already widely worshiped. The new part of the Mohammad's message, was that Allah was the only god, and that his wife and daughters and any other gods were to be erased. This is similar to the methods used by Enlil in biblical Genesis, where he claims responsibility for the actions of Enki. Aside from this general information about Nanna's astronomical identity, there seems to be little to identify his character.

The symbol for Nanna was the crescent moon, and this is the symbol that appears on so many flags from this region, and notably appears above Islamic mosques. While this purports to be a religion of peace, it is difficult to reconcile this claim with the story of its foundation. The story of Islam began with armed conflict between Mohammad and his followers and local Meccan tribes. This continued for many years, finally Muhammad gathered an army and marched on the city of Mecca and conquered it in 629AD. If we compare this to the story of Christ, then there is no correlation, we cannot imagine Christ leading an army and conquering people by force.

The clear association with the Sumerian god Nanna precludes the Islamic god Allah from being related to either Sumerian Enki, or to his son (Marduk - Christ). Therefore this religion is definitely not related to the Christian gods Enki and Christ, but might be related to the Jewish god Enlil. The Jewish religion rejects Christ entirely and waits on a new Messiah, most Christian religions replace the father of Christ with Enlil (the Devil), and the Catholic religion goes further and replaces his mother with Sumerian Inanna (Lucifer). The Islamic religion on the other hand simply treats Christ as insignificant, he is replaced by Mohammad who is considered the more significant figure, and this serves to obliterate Christs message."

The previous passages were excerpted from my as yet unpublished book, "Cataclysms of the Zodiac: Of Gods and Men" (Volume IV) by Matthew Freeman. So far only Volume I (Cataclysms of the Zodiac: The Lost Ages) has been published.

What was the message of Christ did he literally exist?. Why was he crucified, why was he raised from the dead - what does it all mean? To understand anything - we need to start at the very beginning. That means we need an understanding of the history of our solar system and the history of mankind.

I have resolved to post my entire first book (Cataclysms of the Zodiac: The Lost Ages) on this website over a period of time - it answers most of the main questions that have troubled us, and I hope it may help to resolve many of the conflicts that have arisen through superstitious beliefs and ignorance of our own past.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So you are saying that because there are differences between Catholics and Mormons they don't share the same God?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MatthewFreeman

That's a lot of stuff you typed there, what percentage was taken from the New Testament the Old Testament or the Quran?

Other than the bits you have twisted a bent to fit into your own idea, none of it

It's just a bunch of ideas you derived from other sources and said "hey this sounds the same", "must be related".

This is a conversation about the New Testament Old Testament and Quran,

The religious texts of the Jews Christians and Muslims.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I have already responded (multiple times) to your claim about the same God. I believe that one God created all of mankind, which of course would mean that said God is God of all. Whether individuals from any religion choose to follow God is their personal choice. Whether or not the religions you mention follow the creator is another issue and not one for me to judge.

I'd say the post above by MatthewFreeman might hold some even more interesting ideas than any of mine-- and relevant to the topic if you'd bother to read it.
edit on 25-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

So you are willing to believe that the God of the Jews and Christians was stolen from the Sumerians, and created just help them control society? Because that's what he said (in a lot less words) (it isn't his idea, tons of people say the same stuff)

But you aren't willing to consider Muslims worship the same God as Jews?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Good lord buddy what exactly is it you want? I think there is only one God, that ancient and modern cultures had/have this same knowledge, that there is an adversary who tries to lead each of us away from the source.

I am worried about my own salvation and those I know. I honestly have no way to judge or know how other individuals are aligning themselves. If I meet them and they open a dialogue, then that might be different.

You have some sort of agenda here but I think you need a bit more knowledge on the subject.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I never said the religions were the same.

I said the God was the same.

You only see what you want to see and can't even comment on the topic of the post.

There are plenty of Christian "occultist"

You can't discredit anything I've said other than saying,
obviously it is the origin of "those people" (sounds pretty racist), that is point of this entire post...... His father was Abraham, I'm starting to doubt you read the OP.

Damn son, how many times or examples do you have to be shown before you understand and stop deceiving people?

Romans 10:9 And if you will confess with your mouth our Lord Yeshua, and you will believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall have life.

John 3:16 For God loved the world in this way: so much that he would give up his Son, The Only One, so that everyone who trusts in him shall not be lost, but he shall have eternal life.

Romans 6:23 But the product of sin is death and the gift of God is eternal life in our Lord Yeshua The Messiah.

The number of times that love is mentioned in the Bible depends on the version of the Bible. In the King James Version, love is mentioned 310 times, 131 times in the Old Testament and 179 times in the New Testament.

The word 'LOVE' appears about 45 times in the whole of the Quran mostly in expressions such as ( in love; love of wealth; love of life; love of Allah; love of woman; love of self; love of other believers or love in the abstract; 2:177; 3:31, 103, 119;5:54; 9:23; 19:96; 38:32 etc).

The Quran, unlike the Bible does not encourage love of strangers or any others who are not 'believers in Allah and his prophet'.

In the Bible on the other hand, this word is mentioned at least 155 times in all its forms and manifestations. In the form of loving the STRANGER (Lev.19:34; Deut10:19) & NEIGHBOUR (Lev.19:18), the Quran is silent.

The ordinances on how well to treat the stranger and neighbour are over 150 times in the Bible while none are mentioned in the Quran.

Like a Circle and a Triangle.... Not the same. Not even close.

“Allah turned Sabbath breaking Jews into apes” [2:65-66]

“Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities.” [4:51]

“Jews and Christians are evil-livers.” [5:59]

“Don’t take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do Allah will consider you to be one of them.” [5:51]

To those who say God and Allah are the same, by virtue of the aforementioned quotes from the Quran does it make sense that Jews and Christians should worship a god who curses them???

Sadly however, these days it seems too many Jews and Christians are more concerned about not insulting Islam, instead of having the courage to affirm who the God of the Bible is….and who he is not.
edit on 25-9-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

You just want to complicate something that is simple, i won't say that I don't need more knowledge, because we all need more knowledge.

I don't have an agenda, I posted a basic idea and you have tried to refute, i didn't ask you to to, this is something you did.

You believe God wants you to find salvation? You think God wants world peace? You think God wants war? What do you believe about God?

I believe if there is a creator then that creator would want peace and prosperity for all of the parts of itself.

Think about how many people out there don't even realize that they pray to the same thing when they lay down at night.... Even if you were told that you lay down and pray to the same thing at night you wouldn't even believe it because you know so little about God.

We can debate all kinds of things if you would like, the topic of this philosophy is a simple one, the creator God of the Jews Christians and Muslims is the same creator....

It is true and just because people make the choice to fill their hearts with hate and disbelieve it, it won't change a thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

But you don't know me at all! What would make you assume that I hate people and think there is a different God?

I've said it in about 5 different ways that there is one creator for all, how many more would you like?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What??

Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler... (Al-Baqarah 2:177)

You problem you are going to keep running into is that you can't use scripture to disprove that someone follows God.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

What's most entertaining is he agrees with your point, but was so alienated by your misconstrued retort, he failed to explain that part.

Meanwhile you face the wall accusing him of things he didn't say...

You didn't refute anything, you're rambling, he didn't disagree about the single god part, even a little.

You obviously do have an agenda to have such passionate responses to someone who doesn't even look to be disagreeing with what you're mainly talking about.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I know you want to make this about hate, but this is. About the God they worship not the application of the faith.

I'm not the judge or what is right and wrong, I am just here to let you know there is only one creator, but you deny it so sad.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I know you want to make this about hate, but this is. About the God they worship not the application of the faith.

I'm not the judge or what is right and wrong, I am just here to let you know there is only one creator, but you deny it so sad.

You see the word "hate" anywhere? This is about reading comprehension and comparative analysis.

Love... Love for your neighbor, love for the stranger, Love for your fellow man.

One promotes this, the other does not.

The Spiritual vs the Physical Carnal world

Polar Opposites

Logic, Reason, Facts.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

You see the word "hate" anywhere genius?

Love... Love for your neighbor, love for the stranger, Love for your fellow man.

One promotes this, the other does not.

Polar Opposites

Logic, Reason, Facts.

The number of times the word is used as an indicator of it's meaning is lunacy.

Being less influential than something also doesn't mean it's an opposite.

The 5 pillars of Islam(Their 10 commandments-ish) are Charity, Pray, Charity, Fast.

There are elements of compassion in both books, they are both intended to be this way as life-guides.
edit on 25-9-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

link   
dp
edit on 25-9-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am going by the here and now, and even included the last century. The trifecta of destructive states and its instability upon the world is about a century old as far as we know from first global war and the modern map. Starting from halfway up. America is not even three centuries and Israel like 60 ish going on 70. They represent the power houses of the descendants of Abraham, as well as each interpretation. What they have in common is a consistent record of working together to instill fear and terror in the destroyed societies beyond their borders.
For all we here against the atheists in Chinese leadership or the majority Hindu India who together represent half the global population of humans, they do not wage conflict and destroy the prosperity and livelihood of others outside their borders.
Most of that conflict across the globe is between Abraham's kids, or funded by them. Whoever colonized Asia and founded its faith's clearly were more cultured and enlightened.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

When will you come to understand that you have never accessed this God you claim ?

Others have seen and done things so much greater than any religious person will ever do, and largely because of the lack of limitation borne by the religions.

Those that created the religions do not follow them in the slightest, but follow something else entirely, that tells them to deceive you into following them.

Do not be angry at those of us who entirely finish off all of the myths and BS regarding just about everything in this world, for the time is nigh.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join