It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied to : Christians , Muslims , Jews - all worship the same God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Not sure where you are getting your bible quotes from but

Gen 14:22 doesn't say "Abraham was a polytheist"
It says
"But Abraham said to the king of Sodom, "With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the LORD, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth"

and a post titled
"Pagan origins of the Christian myth"
Probably isn't the best source to use when trying to give information on this topic.

Thank you though.

edit on 24-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

pthena, what makes you believe these are different gods rather than different epithets of one God?
edit on 24-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: (no reason given)
The person that originally posted this should do more studying, you left some things out and got others way wrong.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Beach Bum

Beach bum, such as?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

I'm am no theologian but you claim that our God all 3 are one and the same correct ? Christians believe God is a triune being God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. That is supposed to be true, but all three religions look at God and the other two parts in different lights. therefore we don't all worship the same God but 3 different interpretations.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

*sometimes* I feel like the only party that doesn't understand that they are the same is the western Christians.

Jesus is mentioned in the Quran multiple times, all parties in the book even claim to worship the same God as Jesus, they just believe Jesus was God in the flesh.

I don't understand how any sane-sound minded person can actually not understand that it is not centered around the same God......

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Do you actually think Jews and Christians worship a different God????????? Your entire religion is based off of the Jewish bible aka Old Testament wtf are you even talking about?'

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Most Christians worship the Holy Trinity, Most Jews except the Messianic believe that Jesus was a wise man and scholar but not God in the flesh. They believe he hasn't come back from the crucifixtion yet. Muslims believe Jesus is wise man and prophet, but that Muhammed is God in the flesh to them, their "Last Mahdi". So no we do not worship the same God, and theres no need to cuss I'm pretty sure I didn't cuss you.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Just because you have disagreements about certain aspects of God doesn't mean it isn't the same God.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

There is no explicit reference to the Mahdi in the Qu'ran, but references to him are found in hadith (the reports and traditions of Muhammad's teachings collected after his death). According to Islamic tradition, the Mahdi's tenure will coincide with the Second Coming of Jesus Christ (Isa), who is to assist the Mahdi against the Masih ad-Dajjal (literally, the "false Messiah" or Antichrist.

You are just making stuff up.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
OK, like I said keep studying I'm not here to argue,I just believe you are wrong and need to study more. I gave you my reasons why I believe they aren't the same. You qoute me wikipedia which is a not religious document or site ,but something where information can and does change rapidly, not the best source for facts.

Lastly no I'm not making stuff up, it's called reading, listening, and studying.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It might be helpful, fatkid, if you were to specify the point you are trying to make.

If it is that the three religions stemmed from the same root, well, I don't think there is anything groundbreaking there or anything that isn't clear to any who follow the Abrahamic religions. If it is this:

"The difference is only in the languages that the different followers of God use in their own native tongues.

The words in the Bible and Quran aren't that different."

Which you wrote in your original post, well you are incorrect.

One of the main tenets of Christianity is the resurrection of Christ. Both Judaism and Islam deny the resurrection. In fact, Islam teaches that Judas, not Christ was crucified:

"they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them" (Qur'an 4:156)

Jesus taught his followers to love their enemy, to bless those who curse them:

Matthew 5:44
You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven

Mohammed taught his followers to bring pain to their enemies:

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You are making stuff up - Muslims do no believe Mohammad is God in the flesh, you might think that it's called "reading"

What ever sources you are using and not posting I highly suggest you start using Wikipedia because you are grossly misinformed

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I had to do it from memory, I only own one of the three religious books being mentioned, and it's not the Talmud or Koran, not all of my answers were correct I admit.I think I had something else in mind and couldn't get it out right ,like I said I'm no religious scholar. I still think you should understand even using wikipedia as a credible source on an important matter such as religion is a bad idea.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for more editing.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for a little more editing.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for a lttle more editing choppy untuned structure.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

pthena, what makes you believe these are different gods rather than different epithets of one God?

Because they are actually named deities in that area of the World, Canaanite and Ugaritic, from texts written long before Genesis was written.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I knew you'd have good reason to write that

All this info is so fascinating! I'm still amazed by MatthewFreeman's response. Time for more studying!!!

edit on 24-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

A History of God: The 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity and Islam August 9, 1994 by Karen Armstrong

also, a standard text is Cross, Frank Moore (1973). Canaanite Myth and Hebrew Epic: essays in the history of the religion of Israel. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Islam says

“O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace. Do not follow in the footsteps of satan. He is an outright enemy to you.” (Holy Quran: 2, 208)

"We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had God willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to God and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed.” (Surat al-Ma’ida, 48

Jesus said
Mathew 10

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Does this prove that Islam is just and Jesus is evil?

No it just proves that you can take a couple quotes you choose and misuse them for the purpose of spreading hate and fear.

edit on 24-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Samuel 15:3: "This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' "

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The topic of the post is the topic.

There is no encoded message.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You misunderstand - it doesn't matter how "similar" they are - that isn't my point and I'm sorry if you think it has anything to do with it.

No, I don't misunderstand. You stated they were the same. I disagree.

Your post reads
"who are you to tell people what god they worship?"
And then says
"Muslims, on the other hand, do NOT follow the same god"

It should just read "hi my name is ladygreeneyes and I'm a hypocrite" because, Muslims as a majority would disagree with you, and so would the Pope.

Nonsense. I can speak from the Christian perspective, because I am Christian. No, I do not follow the same god as do Muslims, meaning no, they do not follow the same God as do I. Simple logic. I don't care what the pope thinks. I am not Catholic. These days, he'd likely agree more with you.

You just point out that "there are many differences in the description of God" but you offer none.

Obviously there are differences, nobody ever claimed otherwise: can you offer any evidence that they are not the same being - regardless of mans interpretation or your own agenda?

There are huge differences, and many have already been pointed out to you. I won't waste time repeating those. You already know there are differences. Frankly, I think you just want to rile people up. Isn't working. No anger here; I just think your premise is completely bogus.

Trying to explain away "wild ass" and relating that to terrorism is just fear mongering, there are a ton of atrocious historical events committed by both/all sides that have lead to the current state of affairs in the world. Trying to place the blame on one party is to completely ignore a ton of history, and will get us no closer to peace.

No, it's common sense. That is the origin of those people, and they claim it themselves. That is what the Bible states, and it fits with what we see today, and throughout history.

Hitler was Christian, and that has absolutely nothing to do with anything - just like most of your post.

No, he was an occultist, and everyone knows this. Good grief, kid, learn some facts already!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join