It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Charlotte: How does looting a Walmart, burning a truck advance your cause?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I mean, if the tea riots were over nothing and ended up great, then I am sure whites rioting and attacking blacks will lead to an awesome society!

You tell me

On July 1, 1917, a rumor spread claiming that a white man had been killed by a black man, and tensions boiled over. The next day, the city of East St. Louis exploded in the worst racial rioting the country had ever seen. Most of the violence -- drive-by shootings, beatings, and arson -- targeted the African American community. The riots raged for nearly a week, leaving nine whites and hundreds of African Americans dead, and property damage estimated at close to $400,000. More than six thousand black citizens, fearing for their lives, fled the city.

The carnage was all the more shocking because it occurred only shortly after American's entry into World War I. According to historian Winston James, "You have black troops going off to fight to make the world safe for democracy in April and in July you have black people being murdered in the most wanton and barbaric manner in East St. Louis; children being thrown back into flaming houses, people being boarded up in their houses before they're torched so that they couldn't escape. So even by American standards, East St. Louis was a horror."

pbs

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Anyone notice how since Dallas these "protests" only seem to be escalating in scale (property damages, hate crimes against whites, maliciousness, etc), while being even more hair triggered in their triggering???

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
But when a football player says that all blacks are treated unequally, then take that 32 million dollar contract give it back to the fans and get out the country. Blacks have the same opportunity as whites or any in America. When will they stop with the whole"we were in slavery and you all enslaved us" c$%@ stop. This is the 21st century and 2016. Come on...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This is sad. Using a loss of life as an excuse to get free stuff. Thats all that life is equal to for some.

It was like the clip of that woman who was interviewed after a fire had just taken the lives of both her young nephews and all she could say was, "I hope my EBT card didn't get burned up."

People want to talk about the extreme materialism of the 1%, but there is also a nasty vein of it running through all levels of our society that poisons us top to bottom. I know will excuse the poor by saying their poverty excuses them, but when you lose people who are your relatives who lived with you and whom you presumably loved and all you care about is plastic ... that's materialism as egregious as any the 1% display.

This is just another facet of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse
But when a football player says that all blacks are treated unequally, then take that 32 million dollar contract give it back to the fans and get out the country. Blacks have the same opportunity as whites or any in America. When will they stop with the whole"we were in slavery and you all enslaved us" c$%@ stop. This is the 21st century and 2016. Come on...

I would be more than willing to meet them halfway even now, but they have to acknowledge that their communities have someproblems, problems that were not caused by either slavery or Jim Crow because they came about after those were gone, and until they are willing to admit those problems an work with the rest of society to help themselves heal (andit will be a long process of generations), then we will not get anywhere because what ails them is not something anyone can give them.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
And this is a race war...? Now they are calling whites, the devil, and white coos the devil. Not untill we can settle this, it will be getting much more worse I'm afraid..

Link:www.foxnews.com...

And a video of some of rioting
Link:m.facebook.com... .mp4%3Fefg%3DeyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9%26oh%3D30ea0d769c8289652d114ad0232b9e88%26oe%3D57E447A5&source=embedded_video&id=1380126282002027&__tn__ =F

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse
And this is a race war...? Now they are calling whites, the devil, and white coos the devil. Not untill we can settle this, it will be getting much more worse I'm afraid..

Link:www.foxnews.com...

And a video of some of rioting
Link:m.facebook.com... .mp4%3Fefg%3DeyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9%26oh%3D30ea0d769c8289652d114ad0232b9e88%26oe%3D57E447A5&source=embedded_video&id=1380126282002027&__tn__ =F

No, it's not a race war. It takes two sides to really fight a war. Right now, it's just a national temper tantrum.

When you start seeing a bunch of whites either counter-attacking (God forbid) or having to actively fight a defensive action to defend life and limb, then you can come closer to calling it that.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

What a foolish argument to put forth. That is like stating Jews today have no right to complain or feel hurt about the Holocaust because they haven't lived through it themselves.

But when a football player says that all blacks are treated unequally, then take that 32 million dollar contract give it back to the fans and get out the country.

You have climbed the signpost instead of following it with that unbelievably cartoon talking point.

Blacks have the same opportunity as whites or any in America.

Very true. In fact, anybody living in America who hasn't experienced "the American Dream" is also not taking advantage of the *same* opportunity you alluded to - blaming the labour market or economy, etc is making excuses. In other words: if you are not financially well off in a capitalistic country such as America - you are F'n up big time.

This is the 21st century and 2016. Come on...

..and yet America still has so many issues beyond race. Come on...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I'm just afraid that, the pot is fixing to boil over very soon. Then it will get much, much worse. Wait till Hillary wins the election, and all the Trump supporters ( I'm one myself) totally different discussion, will go on the riot wagon. Then these riots will be nothing compared to what's coming.
All as people, are screaming and looting, burning cars, and doing whatever, screaming that the election is rigged.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Point of order: There are no American blacks who have lived through American racism, and I don't see a bunch of senior citizens out there looting because that would be the age of the generation that has lived through Jim Crow.

So what is this crowd's excuse again?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist
Yes, we have our issues, but this all didn't cone to light till we had a president make radial comments and entice the situation. And if your a football player or any sport yelling racial inequality, then give the money back, and stop playing your sports.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You really think Trump supporters will riot?

I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Your very correct. What's the crowds excuse. Cause all this is turned into, is a excuse to be looters, vandal's, murderer's, and what ever they choose.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Terror is often used as a tool for the advancement of a political goal. One that Black Lives Matter has embraced.

Someone who uses terror, or the threat of terror, in advancement of a political goal or ideology, is called a Terrorist.

There are laws to deal with such people, America should enforce them.
edit on -050002pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I hope not too, I may be wrong, but time will tell in a month or so. He he always yelling statement's that the election is rigged.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

You get 2 thumbs up for that my friend. I cant agree more

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

You tell me

So would you say that riot was a good thing? I wouldn't I think it is a disgusting bigoted action that should be condemned in the strongest terms.

Yet here you are legitimizing todays riots. its like you are saying "Well the tea party was over nothing and it worked out, so give these riots a chance"

Also, remember when you said stats don't lie? I provided some, I am still waiting for you to provide some the counter them.
edit on 22-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. I'll know who to watch for.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, I guess the point is that you're talking about it.

Some people think any publicity is good publicity.

If there were no BLM riots, would you even know what BLM is? Honestly, would you have picked up your finger to change anything? Probably no to both.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
Well, I guess the point is that you're talking about it.

Some people think any publicity is good publicity.

If there were no BLM riots, would you even know what BLM is? Honestly, would you have picked up your finger to change anything? Probably no to both.

Change what, the lies they are being fed?

I bet the Manson family thought exactly like you are saying.

"Lets go murder a bunch of people! It will get people talk about us and what we believe in"

Well it did that! How did that work out for them againg?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join