It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Charlotte: How does looting a Walmart, burning a truck advance your cause?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"Pants up, don't loot". Maybe they can loot some belts.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You guys miss the point.

There are protesters and there are rioters/looters. They are two different groups of people. You show ignorance when you can't differentiate. Some of you also think that any black person protesting anything is a BLM activist. Keep in mind that there are many black people protesting things that are not in anyway associated with BLM, they are peaceful and they have a right to protest. Criminals will always gravitate to those types of activities. Deny ignorance, my friends.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
"Pants up, don't loot". Maybe they can loot some belts.

heheheh...really! Watching those fools last night, I was disgusted by how many kept grabbing their crotch and walking around like perverts. Then, I realized they're just trying to keep their pants up.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Oh, no, we know what peaceful protest looks like, and none of what we've been seeing is it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

😂

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, no, we know what peaceful protest looks like, and none of what we've been seeing is it.

Not one single peaceful protester? LOL Every single black person on the streets in Charlotte was looting and commiting crimes? Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov
a reply to: darkuniverse

The looting is an action against the "rules" society has supported, and rather than walk away with only sentiments delivered, they get a T.V. or Playstation, or some other coveted good. It is purely a "F the system", I will take what I want, or feel I deserve action. Some will hunt Cops and take lives, as they witness/perceive Cops hunt them and take lives from their community and/or race.

The burning of a vehicle is done because they know the MSM has helicopters and ground reporters who will automatically zoom in on the burning vehicle, testifying to the civil unrest as a result of perceived social injustice.

Those who are arrested for their civil disobedience feel like heroes. Those that loot feel satisfied in their score. Those that burn the streets want to be seen as dangerous. Those that kill Cops believe themselves righteous.

Their are two castes in this world, the haves and the have nots. Some have wealth but have not a heart. Some have a heart but have not wealth. Some have a heart and wealth. Some have not a heart or wealth. Truthfully we all have something and have not many things, but we do control what we accept as worthy of having and not having.

That...or it is a bunch of black people using an excuse to commit crimes. The excuse gives them "reason" to get a tv or light a fire like they would like to do if there weren't police in the world. These people are criminals...period. They have no place in a civil society and should be rounded up and arrested.

Where are all the white riots?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

There are protesters and there are rioters/looters. They are two different groups of people.

thats actually 3, rioters fight, looters break in and steal, looters should be shot on sight regardless of colour or creed.
in 2011 riots started in britain, which turned to looting.
hey white scum were involved too, i thought only blacks did it.

Criminals will always gravitate to those types of activities. Deny ignorance, my friends.

while police are engaged with riots people will take the opportunities.
during the blitz the criminals famously looted, who knew the scummy kray twins were black?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Not one single peaceful protester? LOL Every single black person on the streets in Charlotte was looting and commiting crimes? Hmmmm

At the point where it starts to become a riot instead of a peaceful protest, then it doesn't matter anymore. Anyone who wants to stage a peaceful protest ought to pack it in because their message is lost in the violence.

If you can't admit that, then I can't help you.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

At the point where it starts to become a riot instead of a peaceful protest, then it doesn't matter anymore. Anyone who wants to stage a peaceful protest ought to pack it in because their message is lost in the violence.

If you can't admit that, then I can't help you.

I'm just saying that there were and are peaceful protesters and there are people going about this the right way. It get's bad when we stereotype everyone into the same group...like all republicans are toothless, beer drinking rednecks driving pick up trucks or all liberals are pot smoking hippies etc. We need to stop stereotyping everyone. I realize that it's human nature to label and group people together, but at some point we need to see what's really going on.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The problem is that it is not a protest when it becomes a riot.
We are not supposed to riot to attain justice or spread the word regarding an issue or problem that needs to be addressed. We PROTEST! A protest and a riot are not the same thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Have you ever heard of the Rodney King case and riots?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Atlanta was a good example of a peaceful protest. 15 thousand people all marching for the same cause , and not a single incident of violence, vandalism, looting, or anyone being hurt.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Boscov

The looting is an action against the "rules" society has supported, and rather than walk away with only sentiments delivered, they get a T.V. or Playstation, or some other coveted good. It is purely a "F the system", I will take what I want, or feel I deserve action. Some will hunt Cops and take lives, as they witness/perceive Cops hunt them and take lives from their community and/or race.

The burning of a vehicle is done because they know the MSM has helicopters and ground reporters who will automatically zoom in on the burning vehicle, testifying to the civil unrest as a result of perceived social injustice.

Those who are arrested for their civil disobedience feel like heroes. Those that loot feel satisfied in their score. Those that burn the streets want to be seen as dangerous. Those that kill Cops believe themselves righteous.

Their are two castes in this world, the haves and the have nots. Some have wealth but have not a heart. Some have a heart but have not wealth. Some have a heart and wealth. Some have not a heart or wealth. Truthfully we all have something and have not many things, but we do control what we accept as worthy of having and not having.

That...or it is a bunch of black people using an excuse to commit crimes. The excuse gives them "reason" to get a tv or light a fire like they would like to do if there weren't police in the world. These people are criminals...period. They have no place in a civil society and should be rounded up and arrested.

Where are all the white riots?

Where all the white riots? Are you guys serious or are you being willfully ignorant?

1998 Super Bowl in Denver.
San Fransisco in 2012 for the World Series.
Vancouver hockey team lost the Stanley Cup math in 2011
Kentucky Wildcats in 2012
Boston Red Sox riots in 2004, 2007, and 2013
Chicago in 1979 is a good read.

Ahhh but I forget, when white folks riot and tear up the streets for sporting related events - it's all good! But when those dirty animals protest for whatever other cause - it's completely unfounded.

I forgot how this double standard works.

You ask, "where are the white riots?"

You CLEARLY have no clue.

How about the Tea Act in the 1700's?

Read a book.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
And this is there cause of why they riot, seriously.....

There are those of us in America who have no problem telling it how it is. A man being interviewed by a Milwaukee TV station during the violent protests over the weekend basically said that until rich people pay up to black people, violence and riots will continue.

Link:www.google.com...://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2016/08/15/wow-riots-in-milwaukee-are-retaliation-for-rich-people-not-gi ving-money-to-black-people-n2205163&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiUmr-RlabPAhUT2mMKHconASMQFggiMAc&sig2=2JTCm4_iLrKxkewhXOJkOw&usg=AFQjCNH0jGpeDLJmNbLy6Q0YajDzussc Hg

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I came up for a term for this behavior. "Protest shopping" it's the p.c./b.l.m. friendly term versus unflattering terms like looting or stealing...yuck!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

You are of course correct. No one has a monopoly on vandalism and gross neglect of civically responsible behavior.

It's a depressing truth that your post went ignored and un-starred because the people to whom you respond have no interest in a sober discussion grounded in fact. They are high on self righteousness and thrilled with their campaign to re-normalize hatred. Truly we have no shortage of nauseating sophists in this community, and as it happens, in the United States. Though not religious, I find myself inclined to pray for their embarrassing defeat in the electoral process now that they've gone full ugly in the bright light of day.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
They don't give a damn who got shot. They just know if their part of a mob it's a free for all to loot and rampage.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Point of order: There are no American blacks who have lived through American racism,

You climbed the signpost instead of following it...

I agree, if you are referring about slavery - there are none still alive. If you are referring to the Jim Crow era, there are few still alive -however they are not out on the streets. If you are speaking about those who have come out to protest police brutality and killings many times in the past and this present protest: then no, none of them lived through slavery, or Jim Crow era.

However, if you are implying in your statement that systemic racism (to some degree) does not exist anymore in America and there are no racial issues or racist people - then you certainly have been living under a rock and not paying attention to many of the comments on ATS and even some in this thread.

So what is this crowd's excuse again?

Answer: a HUMAN BEING lost their life because the police failed to properly perform their civic duty to deescalate and respectfully detain that person...AGAIN.

This is not a race issue as MSM and some in this thread are making it out to be. The police culture in the U.S affects all demographics - all Americans. Deep down, this is what they are protesting:

“I have travelled alone with only backpack possession through the world, and have found no state in which police forces are more habituated to violent bullying, more likely to draw a gun, more discriminatory against the dispossessed, and more arbitrarily vicious in normal behavior,” said McMurtry. “The US now leads the globe in an underlying civil war of the rich against the poor.” - Prof. John McMurtry (was named a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada for his outstanding contributions to the study of humanities and social sciences).

They are protesting this:

... the U.S. has become a police state, which treats its citizens in the most derogatory manner.

In America, where a 12 year old boy like Tamir Rice is gunned down and killed while playing alone in a park and the police get off scot-free - anytime any perceived injustice takes place after that there will be "an excuse" to protest.

In fact, at this point: Do the American people (white, black, brown, yellow, or whatever) really need an excuse...?

www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 24-9-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

"Warning -Thread Virus: The urge to argue vociferously even when you have no actual idea of what you are talking about." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Yes, we have our issues, but this all didn't cone to light till we had a president make radial comments and entice the situation. And if your a football player or any sport yelling racial inequality, then give the money back, and stop playing your sports.

So, basically what you are stating is; President Obama is responsible for racism in America. That it didn't exist or wasn't a big deal until he was elected and started making comments such as these:

“With an open heart, we can worry less about which side has been wronged, and worry more about joining sides to do right.” - POTUS, Dallas Memorial

www.globalcitizen.org... m_campaign=action-journey-1&linkId=26608919

And if your a football player or any sport yelling racial inequality, then give the money back, and stop playing your sports.

Yeah, because those who have succeeded in achieving their dreams and are financially abundant should become apathetic towards societal issues. Also, are you suggesting that people like Kaepernick or TIGER WOODS, because of their status in life and HARD WORK, have never been subjected to racism and bigotry - especially in America, of all places?

Speaking of Neil Tyson; here is an interesting essay he wrote that will help *shed light* on the issue titled "Dark Matters": www.facebook.com...

*whispers* - I want to play poker with you and the two souls who gave you those stars for your ridiculous comment...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join