It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Urgent thread on Ethical Politics mainly for the Latino Community.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

This is a Thread to my Latino readers in general, and in particular to the Hispanic community in America, communities that are right now under the pressure of an increasing fascism that is taking control of the Republican arena in Politics on this Presidential campaign of 2016.

Although it is understandable that in any democracy there are differences of opinion concerning politicians and even about governments, It is clear that this is no time to launch political attacks against prominent members of the Hispanic world, including Presidents of friendly nations or their administrations.

Never before in modern History it is needed to show that the Latino or Hispano communities must remain united as a one only solid strong block of rock , here and abroad, to face the so aggressive campaign that certain Candidate with clear fascist ideas and inflammatory racist rhetoric is running here in America.

This so controversial politician, Donald Trump, is trying to blame Latinos of all the so many problems that along decades of demagogy have been ignored, accumulated and then remain unsolved. His is a smog curtain in which he is ahead of any possible office in the white House already saying to the nation that if is elected will be unable to offer any effective solution to the social or economic issues Americans deal with, nothing different than to launch witches hunting against certain carefully chosen minorities.

In this so decisive hour Latinos or Hispanos must stand with dignity, mutual respect and moreover pride of their own Identity and accepting their own diversity if they want to help to stop this irresponsible misinformation propaganda that wants to make them appear as people with no value, in spite of the fact that this continent was opened to the world first time by Hispanic people long time before other Europeans arrived here.

Christopher Columbus was an Italian man that came to this continent sponsored by Spain, as well as was Amerigo Vespucci. Spanish and Portuguese were the first European settlements in the continent and here in America St Agustin was the very first one.

Many of the most important American cities were founded by Hispanic pioneers, like los Angeles, San Francisco, San Antonio, San Diego, El Paso, Sta Barbara, Sacramento, Sta Monica, San Angelo,Corpus Christi, Sta Fe, Albuquerque, Las Vegas, Alamosa, Pueblo, Amarillo, Yuma, Nogales, Laredo, etc.

Mexican Americans are the only ethnic group in America, besides the Native Americans, that entered into the Union bringing not only people but about 1/4 of all the land of the United States.

The Hispanic heritage is what have made America, along really challenging moments for the history of civilization like the Imperialist and fascist tyrannies in Europe in WWI and WWII, not an isolated spot of liberty in the world, but actually a country that is part of a large family of nations that have grown together in a friendly neighborhood and that are compromised altogether to defend the rule of human rights, Liberty and democracy.

WWII was won against Fascism as result of a general national consensus to fight any kind of tyranny that is trying to take control of the world, in such effort Latinos born in America contributed a lot, but also thousands of Mexican workers that were friendly received, through an important program of work visas to support our agriculture and even some of our industries, in times American men were fighting overseas.

Please check:
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Attacks against Hispanic people are certainly worrying, but are even more those that emerge among Latinos , of any origin when they allow that their differences prevail over their common cultural legacy. They are precisely what such weird movement of decadent Anglo-Saxon white supremacists is needing to try to discredit Latin culture in general, and Hispanic one in particular, as pertaining to chaotic societies.

prodavinci.com...

Three classic examples of the kind of issue Hispanic communities are dealing now at present is for instance what is occurring with Mexican, Colombian and Cuban communities.

Irresponsible defamation campaigns against President Pena-Nieto of Mexico or Against President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia, based on politically opportunistic or judgemental positions about the so difficult challenge for the Mexican diplomacy to try to handle Donald Trump, or the also so complicate negotiation to end a conflict of 6 decades in Colombia, is being used by the fascist wing of the Republican party to strengthen a candidate that is clearly unqualified to be elected for the White house.

If Latinos don't refrain to boost their divisions for domestic issues, uncontrolled criticism will turn them into people without character at all, renegading of their own roots, and selling themselves to evil opportunistic tricksters.

Cuban Americans, for instance, have already fallen into a huge moral crisis , they are now messed with a false sense of identification with politicians that are teaching them to hate their own cultural background, to renegade of three centuries of Hispanic heritage, to make them believe to be what they are Not.

Please check:

www.theatlantic.com...

Fortunately from all around the country movements of well organized civilians, activists of the Latino communities are understanding that it is by showing the huge contribution of cultural values of Hispanic origin in America that it is possible to stop effectively the advance of the xenophobic campaign of hatred of the fascist candidate.

Please Check:

Latino Protesters Say ‘No’ to Trump

The thread is opened to members interested in to analyze the so called change of Identity in minorities under the pressure of harassment and intolerance boosted by Supremacist racist fundamentalism.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 9/19/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Where do you come up with such utter garbage? Recognizing that illegal immigration is harmful to MY country
is not even a racial issue and people like you, stirring up caca, are not helping anyone.
I am Hispanic but I'm not in your "community". I am a natural born US citizen and would not want it any other way.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Recognizing that illegal immigration is harmful to MY country is not even a racial issue and people like you, stirring up caca, are not helping anyone.

its not just illegals.
from here,

They’re sending us not the right people,” he said, adding: “The US has become a dumping ground for everyone else’s problems.
They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing their problems,” he said. “They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some I assume are good people but I speak to border guards and they tell us what we are getting

his ardent fans claim he means illegals.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Beautifully written! APPLAUSE

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's going to be unhealthy to be brown in Trumps America!

www.redstate.com...

My ex a stunningly beautiful Hispanic woman is leaving a 75k medical profession in Texas and coming to New Mexico because of the overt racism she is encountering in the work place.

btw....she was born and raised in Texas.

edit on 19-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Dear Ezramullins,

Please don't make me laugh, there are many ways to insult the intelligence of others, but if you are really Hispanic and supports this pseudo candidate of hatred against your own people, then I would be the mother of Donald Trump saying to the people be careful to vote for my son because he suffers of personal xenophobic obsessions since his early years.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Personally, I'm getting tired of Americans being divided up by race, and even more tired of people continuing to be clannish regarding their 'culture' while still wanting to be here in America. We should all be Americans, PERIOD. Not "Mexican-Americans", "Hispanic-Americans", "African-Americans", "Native Americans".....at this point in time, we should unite.

Your post is a thinly veiled attempt at trying to play the race card and tell Hispanics not to vote for Trump. Frankly, I'm sick of the division, it plays right into the hands of people who are ripping us apart at the seams.

Before you assume that I am a Trump supporter, I am not. I am an Independent who is sitting this one out because it's a travesty all the way around. But I have found that the biggest racists are not white people, not by a long shot.

According to government records, they list me as Hispanic because my mother is Puerto Rican. My father is from Serbia but since there is no "European-American" designation (since that would be RACIST), I have to be put in a divisive box.

People can be upset over what a candidate says, it's their right, but to push the 'Hispanics stick together' nonsense offends me to no end.

If you are an American, ACT LIKE IT. Stop the race card nonsense before we all go down in flames. Find common ground and stop staking out who belongs where....or is that too much to ask??

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Are you a mecha member? Do you support La Raza? Please do inform us on your position to both these political parties.

Mexico enforces their border to the south so why is the united states racist for wanting the same?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Do you think the Latino community needs a lecture on who they should vote for?

Isn't that racist to think that the Latino community needs help?

Just coining the term "Latino Community" isolates and separates people.

I apologize for even the using the term.

I should have just said, "Americans".

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You are welcome to your opinion, and to try to garner votes for your candidate.

However, I think that trying to homgenize a certain ethnicity as one is naive and possibly dangerous. I am not Hispanic, but I from everything I have seen Hispanics are just like every other group in the world, they are indiviuals with their own thoughts. Many Hispanic people dislike Trump, some do like him.

Do you respect hispanics that are voting for Trump?

Lastly, imagine someone typing this thread about all hispanics needing to collectively vote for their best interests, if the word hispanics was replaced with whites. Imagine someone would write a thread about how much whites have contributed to the US, and how the democrats want to take power away from the whites and preach hate about them, so all whites should band together and vote for Trump.

You would scream racism. But you go ahead, keep fear mongering (isn't that what people accuse Trump of?) and homogenize all Hispanics.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Dear Grambler,

I believe here there is at least one huge misunderstanding,

From your side, with all respect:

First at all I am not here trying to gain votes for a candidate,

It is Mr Trump who since long time ago,

about more than a year to be precise,

has declared a crusade against not just only

one but various ethnic groups of the diversity that

America represents, blaming them for "dangers" that

supposedly they represent for the United States.

( Muslim Americans, African Americans, Mexican Americans, Hispanos in General,
even Native Americans ( everybody has read extensively about his remarks on
Senator Elizabeth Warren , that he uses to call "Pocahontas" ) )

By the way, the second misunderstanding here is that I don't need to imagine

what is going to occur if somebody decides to play a game

replacing or exchanging the words Hispanos and Whites in the remarks of Mr Trump,

since he obviously has in clear in his obsessed mentality that

There exist a huge difference in the way he will treat the two

different types of people, according with evident supremacist

racist standards of his political rhetoric.

Now, the Third misunderstanding that you have is that We are not here playing

The Trump board game, ( that was another of the famous failures of this "business genius" )

this is Real Life and there are Millions of human lives that will be so negatively affected if

this obsessed person convince enough voters to put him in the oval office,

we are not playing with hypothetical scenarios but clear

decisions that he has already disclosed will take as soon as he

arrives to the Presidency.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I don't think Trump is against all of the people you say.

His first comments were about illegals. His comments seem no more offensive than Hillary calling half of Trumps supporters irredeemable deplorables that are racist, etc.

The banning all Muslims from coming in was unpractical, but I think it came out of his frustration of this administration being unwilling to discuss Islamic terrorism. I disagreed with a religious test, but he has since changed that to a geographic test.

Hillary once called black youths super predators, so do you hold her to the sam standard? Do you also hold the DNC to that standard, as their released emails showed them mocking hispanics, blacks and lgbt's?

The Pocahontas comment was a joke, not meant to belittle Indians, but Warren for her apparently unverified pandering that she is part Indian. I am more insulted with someone pretending to be an Indian for political points than someone joking at her for it.

If you think Trump is a racist, thats fine. But why direct your message to only Hispanics? If I though any candidate was a racist, I would say attention everyone, don't vote for this racist! It just seems like you are playing right into the identity politics that you are wanting to criticize.

Lastly, do you agree that if a person made this thread about whites needing to vote against progressives that blame the white patriarchy for everything that it would be construed as racist?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am not going to apologize to use the terms Latino or Hispano,

There is nothing offensive on them at all, that is absolutely

ridicule.

Hispano comes from Hispania, The Roman Province that comprised

what today is called Spain, Latino comes from Latium, ( Lazio) the Roman

Name of the central valley of the Italian Peninsula, where Rome was

located.

Latin peoples by extension mean anybody who lives in a Latinized culture

and speaks Latin or a Romance language.

Please check:

en.wikipedia.org...

Possibly in your standards people must feel embarrassed to

openly declare their ethnic or cultural roots, but America

is not an homogeneous nation, it is a very diverse one and

each race or ethnicity of its so rich human mosaic deserves to

be fully recognized and respected in all their rights.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

His first comments were about illegals.

No it wasn't. It was all Mexicans that Mexico is" sending". Also, Trumps wants to deport legal, and refuse legal entry to all immigrant Muslims.

The Pocahontas comment was a joke, not meant to belittle Indians,

But it did.

edit on 19-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I refer to myself as American.

It should not matter the color of skin or ethnicity.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No it wasn't. It was all Mexicans that Mexico is" sending". Also, Trumps wants to deport legal, and refuse legal entry to all immigrant Muslims.

Show me where he wants to deport legal Muslims, I am honestly interested. As far as immigrants, I felt it he was discussing illegals. He didn't say all of them were bad. How is this any different than Hillary's deplorable comments?
The Pocahontas comment was a joke, not meant to belittle Indians,

But it did.

Says who, you? So how many Indians have to be offended before it is considered racist? Were they offended at Warren pretending to be an Indian for political points? If I am offended by Hillary or Obama, are they racist? How many people do I need to get offended with me before I can become a legitimate victim?

How many people are offended at Hillary's deplorable or super predator comments? How many are offended by the racist and homophobic jokes in the DNC emails?

So this thread should be about how both mainstream candidates have said hateful things about large groups of people. I can live with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I refer to myself as American.

It should not matter the color of skin or ethnicity.

Right, after being marginalized as "people lie you" Hilldogs, spot monkeys, commies, bleeding hearts, pinkos, moonbats,
Hippie trash, thugs, libtards, American Taliban, snake mittens, douche canoes, knob jockeys and ass cactus etc.

But now we're all Americans...

I forgot ....fawning dewberries, flap dragons, and fen sucked!!

and the ever popular frothy giglet....
edit on 19-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am responsible for all names and labels. It's a good thing that no one else ever uses them.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

i am not pro trump or pro hilary and i too am getting sick of the the division in this country, we should all act not just as americans but as human beings, we are all human beings and if we would just all treat ourselves and each other with respect we would all be better off.

people should stop being afraid of throwing "their people" under the bus, wrong is wrong and people should not be afraid to point out the problems in our communities.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Show me where he wants to deport legal Muslims, I am honestly interested.

Donald Trump has said he would send home all Syrian refugees the US accepts, if he becomes president. The billionaire, who is the current frontrunner in the Republican race for the White House, told a New Hampshire rally: "If I win, they're going back."
www.bbc.com...

As far as immigrants, I felt it he was discussing illegals.

So, it's about feelings? Donald Trump didn't qualify his statement with "illegal" Mexicans. He said
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists."

"Sending" (by Mexico) implies that these people were sent by their government, not illegally, but in some sort of plan to undermine the USA by infiltrating our population with criminals. It sets the stage for the idea that all Mexican immigrants were criminals that their government sent here to destroy the American way!

Taco trucks on every corner!

So how many Indians have to be offended before it is considered racist?

Trump's casual racism toward Native Americans; How Trump's insults hurt Native Americans

How many people are offended at Hillary's deplorable or super predator comments?

Only as many as choose to identify as a racist, sexist, xenophobe, or any other deplorable things, and only as many who choose to willingly jump into that basket.

So this thread should be about how both mainstream candidates have said hateful things about large groups of people.

Why? Because you said so? So now you want to dictate how people use their freedom of expression when authoring threads on ATS?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join