It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign admits Obama born in the USA.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
I get the idea you don't think the birther nonsense started with the Clinton campaign, though they may have used it. (Actually, it's clear you think they did use it.)

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I get the idea you don't the the birther nonsense started with the Clinton campaign, though they may have used it.

I think it started in Illinois in 2004. I believe the Clinton campaign toyed with using it and, as politicians do, dropped a few hints through news sources to put it out there. It then blew up and they backed away from it.

Back in 2004 it was just a relatively unknown theory. Clinton's campaign brought it mainstream and drew ire from Obama.
edit on 17/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Not just Drudge. According to the Obama campaign, too:

Was it not Drudge who published the image? Was it not Drudge who claimed it's provenance?

was it not Obama that posed with a diaper on his head?

Former McClatchy newspapers D.C. bureau chief James Asher claims Clinton pal Sidney Blumenthal peddled the birther rumor to him in person during the 2008 campaign

Donald Trump's claim, which the candidate did not back up, that Clinton started the birther movement, brought new attention to a 2007 memo by pollster Mark Penn urging Clinton to exploit Obama's lack of 'American roots.' The memo does not question Obama's birthplace, however

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

That would seem to be feasible.

Based on your edit which seems to get back to the Clinton campaign doing more than toying with an existing rumor, let me modify my statement to say it's not out of the realm of possibility.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

That would seem to be feasible.

...and admittedly unprovable (at least with a high degree of certainty). That is often the case though with politics. There's rarely a straight answer to anything. It's one of the reasons I believe Trump is refreshing in terms of the political arena. The very fact you CAN fact check him so reliably is that he just says what he thinks to be true.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The very fact you CAN fact check him so reliably is that he just says what he thinks to be true.

I would say that he says whatever pops into his head. Though his handlers do seem to be reining him in a bit.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The very fact you CAN fact check him so reliably is that he just says what he thinks to be true.

I would say that he says whatever pops into his head.

On occasion, that is certainly true. Don't we all? The big question for America is whether that transparency of thought is preferable to behind the scenes, opaque, dealing.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The President should be able to consider what he says before he says it. Just like anyone else, but perhaps a bit more so.

What makes you think loose lips belie underhanding dealing? I don't seem them as mutually exclusive. While a newbie politician, he is a politician.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The President should be able to consider what he says before he says it. Just like anyone else, but perhaps a bit more so.

I agree with that. But the President should also be honest and the govt should act in the interest of the people. I am afraid it's nearing time to pick your poison.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

It's hard to deal underhandedly if you just say what's on your mind without filtering it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

Awful.

I need to say it.

There are legitimate questions and issues. This undermines them.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

But the President should also be honest and the govt should act in the interest of the people.

I think, surprisingly enough, that that is intent of most, if not all candidates as well as those who are elected. At least, they are able to convince themselves of it.

However, I think that the job demands a level of dishonesty. As does private life.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It's hard to deal underhandedly if you just say what's on your mind without filtering it.
Harder to do it without being busted.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

But the President should also be honest and the govt should act in the interest of the people.

I think, surprisingly enough, that that is intent of most, if not all candidates as well as those who are elected. At least, they are able to convince themselves of it.

However, I think that the job demands a level of dishonesty. As does private life.

I wish that were true, but too much has been revealed that tells me that governments today are focused on corporations and profit, not the people they serve.

Just realised it's 3:30AM here so hitting the sack. Thanks for the discussion.
edit on 17/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

Awful.

I need to say it.

There are legitimate questions and issues. This undermines them.

Could have said it nicer but I've had enough of this politically correct speech control. But it brings attention to the fact that by dressing that way he brings questions of his nationality up. Partially responsible by making himself appear to be a foreigner. Probably trying to get attention and divide everyone as always.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

But it brings attention to the fact that by dressing that way he brings questions of his nationality up.

What questions does this raise?
timedotcom.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

There's a way to make a point without undermining it. It's not about conforming to political correctness, it's about reaching minds that you want to reach. That takes some finesse and diplomacy.

Obama did not make it a secret that he had family in Kenya. The photo really never was proof of anything other than that.

...the way it was 'floated,' however, is proof that we have sh*theads for politicians. Again, I still think it originated from the Obama campaign. They certainly benefitted most from it when they blamed it on Hillary.

But I just cannot see how Hillary would ever have access to the photo. And, again, there were other photos from that same visit to Kenya that the Obama campaign provided to the press.

THEY had possession of the photos. Therefore, they are the primary suspects, IMO.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Your source for that is what exactly?

That is kind of pointless, isnt it? I just got done saying it has been scrubbed from the net. And you want sources. All I can offer you is the thousands of people in Chicago, myself included, who saw it happen. I listened to the talk radio shows going on and on about it. I read about it in the papers. I watched the news talk about it. It was a big deal for a little while here bit died down because it was true, he was running for the senate, not the presidency. This was happening the same time his paternal grandmother, still living in Kenya at the time, said she witnessed his birth there. Of course her words were said to be out of context and misconstrued also. And the President of Kenya on a talk radio show spent several minutes talking about the shrine to obama at his birth place there. But I know, all these people who heard all of this stuff first hand are just making it up...

Call it garbage or say it never existed. Whatever gets you through the night. But it was real and it did happen. Just because you missed it doesn't mean everyone else did too. The absence of proof in itself proves nothing.
edit on 18-9-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I just got done saying it has been scrubbed from the net.

More likely it was never there, as it did not happen!

I read about it in the papers.

So show us a copy of the paper....

This was happening the same time his paternal grandmother, still living in Kenya at the time, said she witnessed his birth there.

So it happened at the same time as something that never happened....

Of course her words were said to be out of context and misconstrued also.

Have you actually listened to her words?

And the President of Kenya on a talk radio show spent several minutes talking about the shrine to obama at his birth place there.

So show us pictures of this "shrine"!

But I know, all these people who heard all of this stuff first hand are just making it up...

BINGO!

But it was real and it did happen.

In some birthers minds they wanted it to happen, however in the real world it never happened!
edit on 18-9-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Trumps campaign manager Kellyanne Conway has told CNN that Trump now believes that Obama was born in the USA.
Now I don't think Trump will actually come out and say this not until asked by Clinton maybe at the debates seeing he will not like to admit he was wrong.

This is a humiliating flip-flop for Trump, but it really was inevitable.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join