It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign admits Obama born in the USA.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
"Also, TexasDarlin's blog is long-closed and cannot be resurrected on the WayBack Machine."

That's not my problem.

If you're going to claim Hillary and her supporters started birtherism from the get go you best get to pulling out those sources. Until then it's nobody's problem that you have no solid sources or old blogs to go back to.

It was already a desperate attempt by you to claim the website listing itself as politically 'centrist' somehow made it pro-Hillary. I admit I had a chuckle. Stretching the truth is a great understatement.

You have nothing.

I never once claimed that the Volokh Conspiracy blog was pro-Hillary. You must have glanced at your lap if you had a chuckle about something.

Also, you can try to bring up TexasDarlin's blog at the WayBackMachine. You won't find it's available. All I am proving is that you cannot claim to prove anything by what 'exists' NOW on the internet.

I visited all kinds of political blogs, in 2008. A blog/forum can be conservative and still draw people who are not. FreeRepublic is vastly conservative, but Hillary supporters were pretty active there in the spring and summer of 2008. (Even I had an account.)

In fact, many pro-Hillary bloggers no longer support her...some actually support Trump now (not me).

But...and just so you know, I ran a blog for years solely dedicated to the Obama birth certificate controversy and I was always forthcoming about being a Hillary/former Hillary supporter. BTW, my blog is also closed and not retrievable at WayBack Machine. It doesn't mean I didn't administer that blog though.

You have nothing. You have the false claim that the first 'birther' comment originated on FreeRepublic and that was not true. And you do NOT have countless sources to look at that no longer exist -- even on the wayback machine -- to sort fact from fiction.

You. have. nothing.
edit on 18-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Obama is the one that started the rumor by saying he was born in Kenya. But it's worse than that.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Obama is the one that started the rumor by saying he was born in Kenya.

When did he say that?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

When did he say that?

Harvard Law Review

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
Am I mistaken, or does that say a literary agent said it?
edit on 9/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: hellobruce

When did he say that?

Harvard Law Review

Obama never said that, nor is that from the Harvard Law review....

So in fact you have no source for your silly claim!

Did you even read it?

The editor of the biographical text about Barack Obama which was included in the booklet maintained that the mention of Kenya was an error on her part and was not based on any information provided to her by Obama himself: Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients. "You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more." A New York Times article about Barack Obama published in 1990, a year before the Acton & Dystel promotional booklet was issued, correctly identified his birthplace as Hawaii.

edit on 18-9-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Teikiatsu
Am I mistaken, or does that say a literary agent said it?

It does.

But, then, it was his literary agent. Usually agents get bios from their clients.

Even if the agent went rogue and got the info elsewhere and never-ever asked Obama to even proofread, it shouldn't be a surprise that people were skeptical because of it. It's not like people haven't ever been thrown under the bus to protect Obama from scrutiny.

A bio is not proof of his place of birth, but it is proof that people had reasonable cause to doubt or ask for proof.

Of course the initial proof offered was that crappy short form jpeg published by DailyKos, which the HDOH commented on with this:

And about the copy we e-mailed her for verification? "When we looked at that image you guys sent us, our registrar, he thought he could see pieces of the EMBOSSED image through it."

Still, she acknowledges: "I don't know that it's possible for us to even say beyond a doubt what the image on the site represents."

So, even the Hawaii Department of Health helped fan the flames of the 'birther' controversy.

edit on 18-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I respect the research you've done.
Speculation is also ok. As long as you keep them defined and separate.

edit on 9/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ok, great. I appreciate that and I try to.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Even if the agent went rogue and got the info elsewhere and never-ever asked Obama to even proofread

The agent did not go 'rogue' - she made a mistake. End of story.

Obama was not asked to proofread it; he wasn't even made aware of its existence.

It was an company internal-use flyer designed to make literary agents aware of its stable of authors. It was not meant as a public document and the company had no particular need to check its accuracy in any detail.

Its like somebody letting the office staff know about an up-coming special event saying "We are going to have O.J. Simpson give us a pep talk. He went to University of South Carolina and should be able to tell us all about the latest developments in modern glove technology."

They made a mistake. Get it? Human Error.

Sheesh.

A bio is not proof of his place of birth, but it is proof that people had reasonable cause to doubt or ask for proof.

Of course the initial proof offered was that crappy short form

Except of course that that Official Hawaiian Birth Certificate (the so-called 'short form') WAS proof of place of birth.

And if course the 'jpeg' is not the 'short form' - it is an IMAGE of the short form.

edit on 19/9/2016 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

Even if the agent went rogue and got the info elsewhere and never-ever asked Obama to even proofread

The agent did not go 'rogue' - she made a mistake. End of story.

Obama was not asked to proofread it; he wasn't even made aware of its existence.

It was an company internal-use flyer designed to make literary agents aware of its stable of authors. It was not meant as a public document and the company had no particular need to check its accuracy in any detail.

Its like somebody letting the office staff know about an up-coming special event saying "We are going to have O.J. Simpson give us a pep talk. He went to University of South Carolina and should be able to tell us all about the latest developments in modern glove technology."

They made a mistake. Get it? Human Error.

Sheesh.

Of course the initial proof offered was that crappy short form

Except of course that that Official Hawaiian Birth Certificate (the so-called 'short form') WAS proof of place of birth.

And if course the 'jpeg' is not the 'short form' - it is an IMAGE of the short form.

Wow, are you having a panic attack over this? They made a mistake? Human error? Yeah, they set all time world records on mistakes and human error, in fact it's been 8 long painful years of human error on Obama's part. Nothing to lose sleep over since it was all just a mistake, a misunderstanding, a new type of travesty in the making.... I mean, it might not be the end of the world right?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Panic attack? WTF are you talking about?

Look, I appreciate that you (not just you personally, but you and your comrades in general) are desperately trying to shift the discussion (not just in this thread but in the public consciousness in general) away from outrageous lie that Trump has been pedaling for at least 5 years - and especially the admission he just gave about it - by trying to turn the blame around on Clinton. I understand your (probably) self-appointed task to prop up your false prophet at all cost.

But it just doesn't wash.

If you think that Clinton Campaign started the birtherism lie, well what does it say about the gullibility of Trump. What does it say about Trump that he is taking advice from Jerome Corsi, the supposed PUMA Hillary backer that has been pushing the lie hardest and strongest. The same Jerome Corsi that wrote the Swift Boat lies about John Kerry? The same Jerome Corsi that has made a career (I use the word loosely) out of poison pen letters about Kerry and Clinton and Obama. Claiming to be a Clinton supporter (in 2008) but doing everything possible to smear her and Obama at the same time.

What does it say about Trump's gullibility? Do you really want a President that can't tell the difference between real and imaginary?

What does it say about your gullibility that you are so darned happy to allow yourself to be so badly scammed by these two professional con artists?

By the way, did O.J. really go to the University of South Carolina?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa
Jerome Corsi, the supposed PUMA Hillary backer that has been pushing the lie hardest and strongest...

Corsi a Hillary backer? You cannot be serious.

Here's a sampling of things Corsi has said about the Clintons (all posted at FreeRepublic under the moniker 'jrlc':

“HELL-ary loves the Arabs so much (kiss, kiss Mrs. Arab*RAT) – wonder how she would look in a Burka?” (Posted on May 21, 2002).

“When is this guy (Bill Clinton) going to admit he’s simply an anti-American communist? Won’t he and his leftist wife simply go away?” (Posted February 24, 2002).

“Let the FAT HOG run!!!” (A reference to a possible Presidential run by Senator Clinton posted on August 30, 2003).

“Anybody ask why HELLary couldn’t keep BJ Bill satisfied? Not a lesbo or anything is she?” (Posted on June 8, 2003).

HOWEVER, to be honest, Jerome Corsi actually has a history as a progressive. He once authored a text still used in colleges called "Judicial Politics." In it, he made the case for more women and black judges. One reviewer called him a "progressive."

He also authored a book on a Police/Black Panthers shootout in Cleveland in the late 1960s. Corsi's position was sympathy for the Black Panthers.

Jerome Corsi contacted me in 2011, on my research on the short form birth certificate, and my feeling is that he is absolutely NOT the person he claims to be. He is a disinfo peddler.

ALSO, interestingly, Corsi once described his career as follows:

I’m a political scientist. I got my Ph.D. at Harvard in 1972, and I have always been fascinated with and studied political violence, political protests.

The very first things I wrote were even before I went to Harvard. I wrote some things on political – racial violence, on race riots. “Shootout in Cleveland” I was co-author of, and that ended up being one of the task-force reports to the Eisenhower Commission on the causes and prevention of violence. That was in 1969 it was published.

I always had an intuitive understanding of political protests and political violence. I got a top-secret clearance from the government in 1981 after I published a computer model that predicted the outcome of terrorist events. I published that in a journal at Yale in 1981, and then I started getting requests all over the world from intelligence agencies for that paper, and I got contacted by the Agency for International Development to help them on hostage survival when the Reagan administration just came in.

link

If I had to guess, I would say Corsi joined some intelligence agency, at some point. He is definitely not the bumbling, fringe right-winger, incompetent boob he appears to be now.

My take is that the Obama birth certificate controversy was fielded by several disinfo agents -- Corsi being a major player that did a fabulous job of poisoning the well.

edit on 19-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As Obama’s school records are sealed, there is no way of knowing if he promoted himself as “foreign born” earlier in his educational career. Perhaps for admission preference or financial aid, but pure speculation in the absence of his actual school records. Meaning that his literary bio represents the first promotion of his being born in Kenya.

If this was a mere oversight, it would have quickly been corrected. Instead 16 years went by with the bio neither revised nor updated. It was finally corrected in 2007 when Obama announced his Presidential candidacy. During that Presidential campaign, the birth issue was not raised by Obama’s opponent John McCain. McCain actually went so far as to chastise anyone for even mentioning Obama’s middle name of Hussein.

Instead it was Obama’s Democrat primary opponent, Hillary Clinton, who picked up on the birth issue. Not Donald Trump who was busy building hotels and hosting reality shows at the time. Mrs. Clinton’s surrogate Sid Blumental was pushing the Obama birth story so hard that McClatchy sent a reporter to Kenya to investigate. And don’t forget the now famous photo of Obama in Muslim garb distributed by the Clinton campaign in 2008 as, “A last-ditch battle to keep her hopes of the White House alive”.

Back to Trump and his recent “major announcement” on the birther issue. He was incorrect in his first of three sentences, "Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy.” It was actually Barack Obama himself, who willingly, or negligently by not correcting the error, allowed the Kenyan birth narrative to live for 16 years before saying otherwise. But Mrs. Clinton and her campaign resurrected the issue, which now continues to smolder.

Trump, after a 30-minute infomercial donated by the big media networks, wisely took the issue off the table. “I finished it,” he told the cameras. Leaving the real birther coughing and collapsing after Trump’s masterful manipulation of the dopey media. As the Washington Post concluded, “It was peak Trump”.

link

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The McClatchey Kenyan Bureau chief in 2008 has now confirmed that the DC office asked him to look into Obama and his family in Kenya. There is also a forwarded email from Blumenthal proving he was in communication with the DC McClatchey Bureau chief who broke the story about the conversation.

So we now know:

There WAS a conversation between Blumenthal and the Editor of the DC Bureau of McClatchy.
The DC office of McClatchey DID ask the Kenyan office to investigate.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

As Obama’s school records are sealed, there is no way of knowing if he promoted himself as “foreign born” earlier in his educational career. Perhaps for admission preference or financial aid, but pure speculation in the absence of his actual school records. Meaning that his literary bio represents the first promotion of his being born in Kenya.

His school records are not 'sealed'. They are private and protected in exactly the same manner as yours and mine.

What possible financial benefit could he gain by falsely claiming to be a foreign student? Foreign students are charged more than domestic students. Obama was on a Fulbright Scholarship - a Scholarship that is NOT granted to foreign students. You have been scammed yet again by an April Fools Joke.

If this was a mere oversight, it would have quickly been corrected. Instead 16 years went by with the bio neither revised nor updated. It was finally corrected in 2007 when Obama announced his Presidential candidacy. During that Presidential campaign, the birth issue was not raised by Obama’s opponent John McCain. McCain actually went so far as to chastise anyone for even mentioning Obama’s middle name of Hussein.

Why would the bio *on that paper document* be updated? How would that be done? Should someone run around to every literary agent in the world, grab the piece of paper off someones desk and smear white out all over it? They were handed out at trade fairs. Who has them and where are they? Think about what you are suggesting here.

It was in a document that was intended to familiarize literary agents with the publishers Author list so that those agents would know the quality and kind of authors they were seeking to publish. Those lists are republished with authors being added and authors being dropped constantly. I don't know their actual practice, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were replaced every 3 months or so. The proposed book was never written, however presumably Obama remained on their list. Do you have evidence that the incorrect bio continued to appear? Do you have any evidence that Obama ever had any reason to see these lists? Do you have evidence that that incorrect bio continued to be used even after he had written and published two books? Did the incorrect bio make its way on to the end notes for those books or was a correct one used? This is the only piece of paper that makes the Kenyan birth claim. Obama gave many interviews both before and after that paper was printed in which he explained that he was born in Hawai'i and his father was born in Kenya. Really, now, come on. Think about what you are saying.

Instead it was Obama’s Democrat primary opponent, Hillary Clinton, who picked up on the birth issue. Not Donald Trump who was busy building hotels and hosting reality shows at the time. Mrs. Clinton’s surrogate Sid Blumental was pushing the Obama birth story so hard that McClatchy sent a reporter to Kenya to investigate. And don’t forget the now famous photo of Obama in Muslim garb distributed by the Clinton campaign in 2008 as, “A last-ditch battle to keep her hopes of the White House alive”.

At no time did the Clinton campaign make any such suggestion. Just because somebody brought it up for discussion in a planning meeting doesn't mean it was used. One worker 'forwarded an email' casting obvious slurs on Obama and was fired for it. There is no way that you can blame 'the Clinton Campaign' for starting that. Who wrote the email that got forwarded. Actual research suggests (not proves) that it was someone who picked up on speculation on "FreeRepublic" site (Edit: I first said 'TexasDarlin', then World Net Daily - it was FR. Sorry). We used to do a lot of wild-eyed speculation back in the dorm room after we had partaked of a little too much sacred herb too, difference is no one in their right mind would ever 'believe' any of the crazy stuff - or try to build it into a political manifesto.

Back to Trump and his recent “major announcement” on the birther issue. He was incorrect in his first of three sentences, "Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy.” It was actually Barack Obama himself, who willingly, or negligently by not correcting the error, allowed the Kenyan birth narrative to live for 16 years before saying otherwise. But Mrs. Clinton and her campaign resurrected the issue, which now continues to smolder.

Again with this 'Obama never corrected it' mantra. Obama never knew that piece of paper existed. How could he correct the information on something he didn't know existed. Furthermore, how can a piece of paper with incorrect information be corrected when it has been handed out to every Tom, Dick, and who knows which Harry showed up at literary trade fair booths?

And what more could Obama do to correct the impression that some few people would have gotten from that piece of paper than to repeat the correct information over and over. You say he allowed it to live for 16 years before saying otherwise? Really? Two books, two birth certificates, and countless interviews is 'negligently not correcting the error'? You are bending over so far backwards to assign nefarious motives to a simple mistake by a low paid office hack (albeit one who is now in a high paid responsible position with the company ) you are endanger of disappearing up your own backside.

Trump, after a 30-minute infomercial donated by the big media networks, wisely took the issue off the table. “I finished it,” he told the cameras. Leaving the real birther coughing and collapsing after Trump’s masterful manipulation of the dopey media. As the Washington Post concluded, “It was peak Trump”.

So you are saying that Clinton 'forced' Trump to come clean about his birthering in the same way that Trump 'forced' Obama to ask Hawai'i for a special version of his Birth Certificate? What would have been wise would be for Trump to have never allowed himself to be scammed by Corsi. And "taking the issue off the table" the same way that Obama publishing his 'long form' Birth Certificate took it off the table for Trump? Do you really think that will work for Trump?

So anyway, except for the 'taking it off the table' bit, you at least got that part right. Trump is a master con man, the media knows it, and they still let him do it to them every time. That part is amazing. But they are starting to push back, and I suspect you are going to see less of Trump live. He's hiding from the press, having reporters arrested, refusing interviews (except on safe place, Faux Snooze - lousy ratings, sad), hasn't had a press conference in weeks. He's already running away from the debates - Clinton is going to chew him up and spit him out. Of course the moderators will let him get away with murder - which he says he could do in Times Square and not loose supporters - so who know what will result. Hillary might beat him up so bad he'll get the sympathy vote.

edit on 19/9/2016 by rnaa because: markup not working properly; correct attribution for start of birthering

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Note to one and all:

See Loren Collins Barackryphal site for his excellent research article:

The Secret Origin of the Birthers

for the most thorough investigation of the origin of this birther stupidity.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

No thanks. I've visited Barackryphal, in the past, and I believe that Loren and 'Polarik' staged some convenient debates at Free Republic.

Loren is knee-deep in the disinfo.

That blog is nothing to tout.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

And you should read Loren's part two of the Birther origins to see how it was accidentally kicked into overdrive by a REPUBLICAN blogger (NOT Hillary!) who was trying to do the right thing... quash a stupid false rumor before it distracted the campaign into ignoring real issues. He failed to do that, and now the GOP is paying the price for it, ironically however not in its opposition to Obama.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

The original birther seems to have been Barack Obama, who apparently told his literary agents in 1991 that he was born in Kenya.

Text of Illinois Sen. Barack Obama’s speech, as prepared for delivery Saturday in Springfield, Ill., and released by his campaign, in which he announced he is seeking the Democratic nomination for president in 2008:

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama’s Announcement Speech

His profile was changed within a few weeks to say that he was born in Hawaii.

For 17 years it was advantageous to say that he was born in Kenya, but after he announced his candidacy for president – he needed to be born in the US. Why did Obama choose to lie about his birthplace?

The folks who, out of generosity, politeness, or, most commonly, wishful thinking, believe or pretend to believe that Obama didn’t write or approve his own bio, are being silly. That’s not even plausible.

Miriam Goderich now claims that the Kenyan Birthplace claim was her fault. But even her acceptance of responsibility was weaselly: she claimed it was her own “fact checking error,” but never said where the “facts” came from that she should have “checked.”

In fact, she obviously lied. Publicists for new authors don’t invent bios for those authors.

Dystel requires, as is standard practice in the industry, that a prospective author submit his own bio. The claim that they invented a fictitious foreign birthplace for a new American author, and inserted it into his bio, is utterly absurd.

Who would presume to write a new author’s bio for him? In fact, who would presume to write anything about her client, and publish it, without at least running it by him?

And how could such a falsehood in an author’s bio be disseminated by the author’s publicist from 1991 until April 2007, if the author didn’t want it to be?

Here’s what an industry insider has to say about the absurdity of that lie:
www.powerlineblog.com...

Link

[

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join