It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign admits Obama born in the USA.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It fuelled the questions about Obama and is still used to this day in birther arguments.
Just as idiotically. Didn't seem to take hold with rational people, did it?

It certainly upset the Obama campaign to the point where they released a statement about Clinton's dirty tricks.
Yes. Plenty of allegations going around. And only Drudge's claim about it's origin.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I don't think Trump truly believes this since those in Obama's home town in Kenya all say he was born there. Only Obama lovers use the ridicule and "birther" label since not even they truly know for sure where he was born. They only "say" he was born in the USA to support him, but no one really knows where the hell he was born.

People just take the word of officialdom to avoid the quick use of ridicule and everyone just goes along with it. And now Trump is smartly saying this to avoid this becoming a worthless argument that isn't going to contribute to anything meaningful when the MSM will only use it to try to divert attention away from the corrupt and morally bankrupted DNC and the pathetic democrat party which is rife with corruption beyond anything yet seen in this country since it was begun.

I KNOW Obama was born in Hawaii. If you don't KNOW that, seek psychological help.

No you absolutely do NOT know. You only know what you are being told is true, and you also know how those telling you those things are CHRONIC LIARS.
It would be more accurate if you just say "I believe anything Barack the LIAR Obama tells me" because that is a proven reality.
It's really okay to just admit you believe in all the lies that are told to you. Everyone already knows the truth.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It fuelled the questions about Obama and is still used to this day in birther arguments.
Just as idiotically. Didn't seem to take hold with rational people, did it?

It certainly upset the Obama campaign to the point where they released a statement about Clinton's dirty tricks.
Yes. Plenty of allegations going around. And only Drudge's claim about it's origin.

Idiotically? Sure. But that is irrelevant. The effect is all that is important. The whole thing took hold with many people, including rational people. I saw a survey that something like 30% of people at one point thought Obama was not born in America. I am pretty confident in saying that some of them were otherwise rational.

Politics does not really play to rational thought, unfortunately. Drop a picture here and a comment there and you start a rumour that snowballs. That's what the Clinton campaign started (or at least fuelled) during the 2008 campaign.

Politicians are experts at walking the line, dropping hints and starting fires without ever saying anything definitive. In that respect Trump is different, which is why it is easy to forget the history and pretend that he started the birther movement, when he plainly did not.
edit on 17/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That's what the Clinton campaign started (or at least fuelled) during the 2008 campaign.
According to, whom?

So was the photo a Clinton plant or not? Let's hope Saturday Night Live can answer that on Weekend Update next Saturday.

www.usnews.com...

In that respect Trump is different, which is why it is easy to forget the history and pretend that he started the birther movement, when he plainly did not.
But he sure jumped on the crazy train. Didn't he.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Plouffe accused Hillary of circulating it. He claimed it originated through her campaign.

Link

Strong words, for Hillary:

Plouffe said in a statement: “On the very day that Senator Clinton is giving a speech about restoring respect for America in the world, her campaign has engaged in the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we’ve seen from either party in this election. This is part of a disturbing pattern that led her county chairs to resign in Iowa, her campaign chairman to resign in New Hampshire, and it’s exactly the kind of divisive politics that turns away Americans of all parties and diminishes respect for America in the world," said Plouffe.

I still wonder if it was actually Obama who circulated it. There were other family pics from that visit provided to the media by Obama's campaign. I don't really see how Hillary could possibly get her hands on Obama's family pics/photo albums.

edit on 17-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That's what the Clinton campaign started (or at least fuelled) during the 2008 campaign.
According to, whom?

So was the photo a Clinton plant or not? Let's hope Saturday Night Live can answer that on Weekend Update next Saturday.

www.usnews.com...

In that respect Trump is different, which is why it is easy to forget the history and pretend that he started the birther movement, when he plainly did not.
But he sure jumped on the crazy train. Didn't he.

Clinton staffers were circulating it and one was quoted as saying it would be "front page news if it were Hillary".

Crazy train? Who knows. Like I said before, I think Obama's birth cert was a fake based on evidence pm'd to me by a member of this forum who I shall not name. Given what I have seen I don't think that idea is crazy. But, whether that means he was born outside of America I don't know.

In all this noise, there is one simple question to ask initially. Did Trump start this? The answer is no.
The follow-up questions are then, where did it start and when did it gain traction?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Clinton staffers were circulating it and one was quoted as saying it would be "front page news if it were Hillary".
According to Drudge. Right?

The follow-up questions are then, where did it start and when did it gain traction?
Mostly it seems to have gained "traction" well after Obama was in office. With conservatives. In any case, it didn't seem to do Clinton much good.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I don't know. If Trump admits that Obama was born a US Citizen then he might also have to admit that Obama isn't the Founder of ISIS.

Once it starts that's a huge house of cards that is going to come down. Gotta keep all those lies propped up somehow which means don't ever remove any one of them.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Mostly it seems to have gained "traction" well after Obama was in office.

Multiple news sites reported it - perhaps initially picked up from Drudge?

It started before he was in office way back in 2004, then escalated in 2008 and further escalated when he got into office with multiple law suits. All before Trump got involved.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

"Clinton staffers were circulating it and one was quoted as saying it would be "front page news if it were Hillary".

Not just Drudge. According to the Obama campaign, too:

Barack Obama's campaign team today accused Hillary Clinton's beleaguered staff of mounting a desperate dirty tricks operation by circulating a picture of him in African dress, feeding into false claims on US websites that he is a Muslim.

Yet another link on this....

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

perhaps initially picked up from Drudge?
Drudge was the source.

It started before he was in office, then escalated when he got into office with multiple law suits.
Yes. None with merit.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Over 8 frickin years and this is still a topic? Ridiculous. Musical interlude:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Was it not Drudge who published the image? Was it not Drudge who claimed it's provenance?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

What's old shall be new.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

perhaps initially picked up from Drudge?
Drudge was the source.

It started before he was in office, then escalated when he got into office with multiple law suits.
Yes. None with merit.

Drudge is not a source - it's a curated news site pooling sources.
In terms of merit, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Mostly it seems to have gained "traction" well after Obama was in office. With Republicans. In any case, it didn't seem to do Clinton much good.

No, the questions were swirling in pro-Hillary blogs beginning in Spring 2008.

You can find evidence of that by Googling. TexasDarlin and NoQuarter were the main places for discussion, based on my experience.

Obama first released a cruddy jpeg of his short form birth certificate, in June 2008, through the DailyKos...before he was even nominated at the convention.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

What's old shall be new.

Idiocy is the new black?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It started before he was in office, then escalated when he got into office with multiple law suits. All before Trump got involved.

And when he got involved, he went all out. Plenty of media play over it.

Now, it's all 'behind him', right? Because what you said yesterday can be denied today without repercussions...

Isn't that special?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Drudge is not a source - it's a curated news site pooling sources.
I didn't mean the source of the image (necessarily). I meant that the image first appeared on Drudge, along with the claims of its source.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Was it not Drudge who published the image? Was it not Drudge who claimed it's provenance?

The Obama campaign accused Hillary of circulating the photo. I highly doubt they used Drudge as a source for their accusations. If they did, they sure didn't cite Drudge as the source of their 'info.'

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join