It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a Basket of Deplorables

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You know, it is a compliment when a lying, corrupted, murderous criminal calls ordinary people who hate her gut deplorable.

I am not insulted.

When you see who Hillary Clinton really is, and just what kind of people support her, when they insult Trump supporters, it's a compliment. At least to me.

It's better to be deplorable then to be in the same basket as Hillary and her lovers. If there are any
edit on 555k2016Fridayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 555k2016Fridayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Let's legitimize the 3rd party so we never again become faced with an unpalatable binary solution.

That was my call to arms last cycle. Never again.

I wish you better luck than I had.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Yes, but Hillary has her own share of deplorables. Look at how Omar Mateen's father made his way to front and center behind her at a rally.

Thing is that she never embraced or gave him sanction.

I missed where Trump embraced or gave Duke sanction.

Frankly, both sides will pick up their own share of people they'd rather didn't support them. It is what happens in a two party system where you can't stop people from voting or supporting you.

The test is how it's handled. No one should have to suddenly treat someone like a leper. Just ignore them and go on with it like the Hillary Campaign more or less ignored Mateen's father.
edit on 16-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The only folks Hillary Clinton called "deplorable" are racists, sexists, homophobes and religious bigots.

If you're naming yourself "one of the deplorables" after Clinton's comment, you're putting yourself in that group.

The other "option" (that is, if you cared anything about honesty) would be that you are a hard-working American looking for a change to better protect your families.

Partisanship is fine, but it's really disingenuous to criticize Clinton for lying when you're doing it yourselves.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

No one's 'whining.' We're challenging.

Trump called out 'rapists and murderers' one time... once. It was in direct context to some illegal immigrants. The fact that there have been rapes and murders from some illegal immigrants is proven in courts. Rapist and murderer are direct , tightly defined descriptors for specific actions; their use can be proven or disproven based on actions taken.

Deplorable is a loosely defined term based on opinion, not on facts. It cannot be proven that someone is deplorable, for it entails no specific actions and can be interpreted differently by different people. It is a label, not a description, and has one and only one use: to dehumanize one's opponents.

'Alt-right' is no different.

To all those who want us to go away: We see what you're doing. Your tricks are transparent. You have no more high ground, for you have abused what you had. We will not stop; we will not succumb; we will not concede. You call us out, and you get to prove it or be called a liar. It doesn't matter who wins what, who claims authority, or who thinks they are royalty. We will not stop telling the truth.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The only folks Hillary Clinton called "deplorable" are racists, sexists, homophobes and religious bigots.

Herein lies the rub:

Define for me what sort of person falls into those categories. What is a homophobe? What is a racist? What is a sexist? What is a bigot?

When talking politically, especially when talking in the context of politically correctly, those terms have very loose definitions and applications. They are defined by how one feels and not by their correct dictionary meanings. So pretty anyone can be labeled with one of those terms if they do or say something you feel qualifies them to fall under one or more of those labels, simply because you feel they deserve it and for no other real reason.

What they mean or intend no longer matters.

So in truth anyone, even you, can be one of Hillary's deplorables these days.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unless you're trying to argue semantics, or simply making a specious argument, consult a dictionary.

You're merely making a series of vague generic statements about what you personally think about politics. That's fine. That's what we all do. I do it, Clinton did it. I've never took what she said literally (just as we're told by Trump supporters all the time "what he really meant to say was") but that's also my interpretation.

However, no matter what the individual interpretations are, if you're going identify with "the deplorables" you're putting yourself in a dichotomous bucket, because Clinton's ACTUAL WORDS would also allow you to put yourself in the "hard working American bucket."

The fact that some of you are CHOOSEing to indentify with characteristics I think we can all agree ARE deplorable ... racism, sexism, et. al. is telling.

Unless, of course, you don't think that those categories are deplorable ... I know that some here would wear them all as badges of honor.

That's a big part of the problem that Clinton was referring to.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You bring up a very important aspect.

If these people do not believe they are what Hillary described as the "deplorables", why are they embracing the label?

Very odd.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

And here, I thought we were supposed to be uniting instead of dividing?

Sometimes, you are so consistently anti-me and anything I say that I think you just hate women and that's really your underlying issue.

Does that mean you are sexist?

So how easily that works? It doesn't matter if you are or not or if you mean to be. I feel like you hate me because I am woman. You make me feel bad, so that's all that matters and you are a sexist.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yeah we third party people keep losing because we've got nothing but one time wonders. We need to keep gaining people that stay, not have people that do a token third party run and give up. Of course third party is never going to win if no one sticks with it. We need to gain numbers. If you vote third party last time, then don't this time, but someone else vote this time but didn't last time, then you both cancelled each other out, whereas had you continued to run this time, third party gained two people possibly more if you both continue running third party next time.

Third party will never win because people keeping using the silly logic of you and my father of "Yeah I tried third party ONCE nothing came of it, never doing THAT again." Well yeah thanks for the token non support.
edit on 9/16/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

A very interesting point indeed.

During the primaries, Trump said that some of the illegal immigrants were rapists and murderers. Why are so many immigrants embracing that label? Are you saying that means they are murderers and rapists? Or maybe they think it's OK to murder and rape?

Your words, not mine.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Oh, I tried it more than once. I was called a racist for supporting Libertarians. Now I hear Johnson being PC as well.

Nope, I have a candidate that hates PC as much as I do this time. Let me know when you get a Libertarian that does. I want more than a third party; I want a real choice.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

A very interesting point indeed.

During the primaries, Trump said that some of the illegal immigrants were rapists and murderers. Why are so many immigrants embracing that label? Are you saying that means they are murderers and rapists? Or maybe they think it's OK to murder and rape?

Your words, not mine.

TheRedneck

Touche.

Although, I don't believe immigrants are embracing the label.
edit on 16-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's fine, but you said never again. That's where our ideals conflicted. You prefer Trump it's not a matter of never willing to vote third party again. I'm fine with that. Voting your conscious is fine. It was the never again issue that got me. I think maybe I misunderstood though.

I'm thinking looking back on it now, you meant never again on voting two-party, which means you've betrayed yourself...

I'm confused, I'm gonna shut up now...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And here, I thought we were supposed to be uniting instead of dividing?

Sometimes, you are so consistently anti-me and anything I say that I think you just hate women and that's really your underlying issue.

Does that mean you are sexist?

So how easily that works? It doesn't matter if you are or not or if you mean to be. I feel like you hate me because I am woman. You make me feel bad, so that's all that matters and you are a sexist.

Ah, now we have the little side step dance ...

Uniting? Sure. Sounds good. Let me know when you are ready to work together instead of indentifying yourself with reprobates.

Oh please Ketsuko. First of all YOU commented on something I said. Based on our general disagreements about, well, everything, I usually just ignore your posts. Second, "you" are words on a screen to me I have no idea of who "you" really are as a person. Third, your ridiculous accusation of sexism is easily rejected because I have absolutely no issue with Annee, Benevolent Heretic, Kali, and any number of other "female" posters here.

So no, I don't see how "easily it works." All I see is that you made a specious comparison because you're desperately trying to defend a group of people INTENTIONALLY misrepresenting what Mrs. Clinton said in a POLITICAL SPEECH.

Or you're defending what we should all be able to agree IS deplorable ... racism, sexism, homophobia, religious intolerance.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You bring up a very important aspect.

If these people do not believe they are what Hillary described as the "deplorables", why are they embracing the label?

Very odd.

Reappropriation is actually quite common when it comes to labels. Atheists, Tories, Rednecks, queers—all of these were once used as pejoratives to disparage individuals, and are now used as terms of pride.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
As I've said in other threads on this topic, I'd be glad to see the argument extolling racism, sexism, homophobia and religious intolerance.

Go.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yeah you know what's crazy? I don't care. I don't care if some supporters are out of line, racist, or even violent. This isn't some group herd I'm part of. I'm one voter, Independant from other voters, I've always been conservative but not Republican. I'm voting for Trump because of his policies, and I think he's the best person for the job. So the stereotype that democrats try to place on us, only unite the ones actually willing to drive to the polls, because voter enthusiasm is at a low, and the brunt of that is going to hit Hillary and her SJW, white guilt, politically correct army.

Bravo sir....

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Stop trying to defend yourself, sexist. It's too late. We all see you for what you are and you can't excuse it.

You just triggered me. I demand a safe space!
edit on 16-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

LOL ... about as pathetic as I would have expected.

You make a silly argument, when that is dismantled you post YouTube vids.

Back to ignoring you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join