It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a Basket of Deplorables

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
(post by Astyanax removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

As I've said in other threads on this topic, I'd be glad to see the argument extolling racism, sexism, homophobia and religious intolerance.

Go.

Why would you want that?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The only folks Hillary Clinton called "deplorable" are racists, sexists, homophobes and religious bigots.

She specifically called half of Trump's supporters deplorable and irredeemable, whether they are racist, homophobes and sexist or not. She never said racists, sexists and islamophobes are deplorable. She merely used those terms to describe half of Trump's supporters.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The only folks Hillary Clinton called "deplorable" are racists, sexists, homophobes and religious bigots.

She specifically called half of Trump's supporters deplorable and irredeemable, whether they are racist, homophobes and sexist or not. She never said racists, sexists and islamophobes are deplorable. She merely used those terms to describe half of Trump's supporters.

Was she wrong?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
>Snip
edit on 9/16/2016 by yeahright because: Removal of response to deleted post

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

As I've said in other threads on this topic, I'd be glad to see the argument extolling racism, sexism, homophobia and religious intolerance.

Go.

Why would you want that?

So many are reacting to sexists, racists, homophobes and the religiously intolerant being called deplorable, perhaps there's some other way to think about those character flaws?

Because if we all agree that racism, sexism, et. al. IS deplorable, well, then this seems to be much ado about nothing (as usual.)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Again, sexist, please define those terms.

Simply put, you are one of the deplorables too now because of the way PC culture defines them. Those terms can apply to "anyone who makes me feel bad."

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Clinton talked about two groups in her speech. I prefer to think that a Trump supporter is a good, hard-working American until they prove differently by their actions, however, I do believe that anyone who tries to reduce the reality of despicable and deplorable beliefs and actions like racism, sexism, homophobia and religious intolerance to mere semantics deserves the same ranking as the racists, sexists, homophobes and religious bigots.

That basket is getting bigger every day it seems.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So many are reacting to sexists, racists, homophobes and the religiously intolerant being called deplorable, perhaps there's some other way to think about those character flaws?

Because if we all agree that racism, sexism, et. al. IS deplorable, well, then this seems to be much ado about nothing (as usual.)

Of course they are deplorable. I'm not understanding your logic here.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Good LesMis.

We agree those characteristics are deplorable.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Good LesMis.

How many Trump supporters can you name that are racist, sexist, homophobes?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Good LesMis.

How many Trump supporters can you name that are racist, sexist, homophobes?

Four. I know six.

As I've noted before, based on my anecdotal evidence, Clinton's "estimate" was low.

Interestingly, all of them are hard-working Americans.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Why are they racist, sexist, or homophobes?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Because Hillary and Clinton's news network said so, obviously.

I have yet to meet a racist Trump supporter on this enormous site.

link   

Why are they racist, sexist, or homophobes?

Because three of the four describe themselves that way.

The fourth just thinks he's being "politically incorrect."

link   

I think the problem people are having is that saying half of all Trump supporters are deplorable, you are implying one out of every two Trump supporters are deplorable. Which means that anybody who is a Trump supporters or is friends with other Trump supporters, you're implying that numerically half of those friends and family must be deplorable people. I know more that two Trump supporters that are family I love. Numerically you've implied at least one of them is a deplorable human being by agreeing with Hillary.

Either that or miraculously none of the Trump supporters in people lives they love happen to be in deplorable half.

At which point, who are the deplorable ones since you won't own up to calling 50% of peoples Trump supporting family and loved ones deplorable by association?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Because three of the four describe themselves that way.

The fourth just thinks he's being "politically incorrect."

If they nominally describe themselves as such, then that is a fair assessment.

Either way, the argument isn't whether racism, sexism, homophobia are deplorable, as you are suggesting. The argument is whether a vast amount of Trump supporters are racist, sexist, and homophobic, something that is not only unprovable, but an accusation that can justify indiscriminate violence and bad behavior against people, whether they are guilty of those crimes or not.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Was she wrong?

Yes. She even admitted it was a mistake to say so.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join