It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a Basket of Deplorables

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt
Good thing I had no point since it would not have helped my position, huh?

Of course my point is that you argument is hyperbole, as evidenced by your use of the buzz word "cabal". Doesn't get much simpler than that and there is nothing more to add. That does not mean that the point can't be valid.

edit on 20-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
Oh, sorry. A cabal is a group of secret plotters. Since the leaks came out, I don't suppose you could call them a cabal anymore. Doesn't make them any less dehumanizing, just not a secret anymore.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I have not seen any leaks outing any cabal. Have spoken to a whole bunch of people who see others as their enemies.

Makes me wonder if the goal is to divide or if it's just to keep people divided.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
It was the Democrat National Party that was outed by the leaks. They plotted to make sure that Hillary got the nomination. We watched it unfold and speculated, were called conspiracy theorists and other unsavory names only to have the undeniable evidence presented for all to see by the leakers. That is the action of an authoritarian cabal, not a democratic party.
It was the Democrat National Party that secretly met with certain members of the media and gave them directions. Lots of us noticed the bias and pointed it out with the same results as above. Then the leaks came and it was no longer a cabal, just a den of vipers exposed.
I find those actions deplorable.
I find a lot of stuff deplorable about some of The Donald's expressed positions. So many that I have never seriously considered voting for him.
For me, it is a matter of voting for someone rather than against other someones. So I'm thankful that the Libertarian party has finally found an executive slate with executive experience. I'd much rather see Gary Johnson's list of nominees to the Supreme Court than either of the other candidates. I agree with his foreign policy and the majority of his domestic policy proposals. He's proven that he's the only mature adult in the top four parties. His ready admission of lack of knowledge and the subsequent beating he took with dignity was proof of that.
I understand that msm doesn't like him because he has no juicy scandals, no bloodshed, no illicit sexcapes, just a successful businessman and governor who believes in life, liberty and justice for all. Boooorrrrriiing.
I think he is our best chance at actually seeing changes in government.
So, of course, all the name-calling and mud-slinging is simply a tactic to divide the country into two groups. Two groups are much easier to control than three or four groups.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I can agree with most of that except the idea that it is "the cabal", if one even exists.

I'm not american and I have never voted and honestly don't see myself ever doing it but I will never question someones love of "Johnson". Sorry, I just had to.

I disagree with the idea that two groups are easier to control than more, up to a point. This thread is a perfect example of how one group is trying hard to distance themselves from others under the same umbrella. It seems like the GOP is splintering because it can't be everything to everyone and this has become to difficult to control.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't think this information is correct

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join