It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers please Help- What is everyone seeing by the sun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

You are obviously still clueless about what I was talking about.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: VanDenEviL
a reply to: Phage

The images I was talking about do seem to be shot from behind a (bus?)window, at one point you can see what looks like a window wiper. I missed that before.

So you're admitting there's a flat piece of glass in front of the camera and that I was right all along; it is the same phenomenon I showed in the other videos.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So you're admitting there's a flat piece of glass in front of the camera and that I was right all along;

Oh, please, I never said there wasn't and you said it was a filter flare, a camera lens filter, you sure didn't say the double reflection, which didn't appear in any of the videos you posted, was the result of a WINDOW being in between.

There was only one video and post that was helpful here and it wasn't posted by you.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

you said it was a filter flare,

Yes, that is a filter flare. The "filter" is any flat glass in front of the lens, whether a deliberately "camera lens filter" or not.

which didn't appear in any of the videos you posted,

Yes it did. It was the same thing in my videos, the only difference was that case is likely caused by the webcam housing itself instead of a window or a deliberate filter.

There was only one video and post that was helpful here and it wasn't posted by you.

Awww, poor little Van is hurt that I was right. Keep trying to deny my videos all you want. Just for you I will make a video specifically about filter flares and how to create them. You will not stop me, the truth WILL be exposed on my channel.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yes, that is a filter flare. The "filter" is any flat glass in front of the lens, whether a deliberately "camera lens filter" or not.

Exactly, "filter", between quotation marks. You didn't say the double reflection was caused by a window.

Yes it did. It was the same thing in my videos, the only difference was that case is likely caused by the webcam housing itself instead of a window or a deliberate filter.

And the big difference was that your videos didn't show a double reflection. Keep ignoring this.

Awww, poor little Van is hurt that I was right. Keep trying to deny my videos all you want. Just for you I will make a video specifically about filter flares and how to create them. You will not stop me, the truth WILL be exposed on my channel.

Wow, off course.....whatever you say you maniac.

Again, I was not debating the existence of lens flares or nibiru and I couldn't care less about your obsession.

edit on 25-9-2016 by VanDenEviL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Plugging your ears and telling me that I'm not allowed to refer to other videos is blatant ignorance.

I wasn't talking about other videos. I am talking about the first pics in the OP vid. There isn't even a mountainrange in it.

Like I just said, your explanation is BS, and diverting attention to other vids is of the same level.

I have been a keen photographer for 35+ years ANY camera lens pointed DIRECTLY at a bright light source will produce a flare it's that SIMPLE just like Nibiru believers

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Sigh, I was not debating the existence of lens flares or nibiru.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Exactly, "filter", between quotation marks. You didn't say the double reflection was caused by a window.

Doesn't matter, it's still a filter flare phenomenon.

And the big difference was that your videos didn't show a double reflection. Keep ignoring this.

My videos showed the exact same phenomenon; the sun, a reflection of the sun, and a reflection of the sun's reflection off the water. Yes, they showed a double reflection!!

Wow, off course.....whatever you say you maniac.

Keep denying that I was right. I'll post my video showing the filter flare phenomenon and watch for your excuse.
edit on 25-9-2016 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This is what I was talking about

It looks like the supposed second sun object(so not the sun itself) has an actual reflection on the water surface. I didn't see this exact thing in your vids.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: VanDenEviL

Or the setting sun reflection on the water is also causing a lens flare

edit on 26-9-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Threads like this make me despair for the human race.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

This is what I was talking about

It looks like the supposed second sun object(so not the sun itself) has an actual reflection on the water surface. I didn't see this exact thing in your vids.

The so-called 'reflection' of the second object your arrow is pointing to, does not appear to be in the correct location. To me, going off the other reflections, it should be much closer to the bottom edge of the frame.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

To add further, I have ringed in blue...

1. being your apparent planet, which I noticed actually appears to have clouds going behind it and a feint dark line going through its diameter.

2. and 3. are the same image as 1.
Note the feint dark lines dissecting the diameters.

4. The reflection of 1.
Not in the correct position and perfectly aligned to 2. and 3.
Most probably another lens flare.

Conclusion: All lens flares.

If we are wrong about Nibiru, then we will all die in a catastrophe unlike any other...so it won't matter anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
1. being your apparent planet, which I noticed actually appears to have clouds going behind it and a feint dark line going through its diameter.

That's not very satisfactory. The faint line observed across the diameter is consistent with a cloud passing in front of something bright, and that cloud being mostly (but not completely) 'drowned out' by the brightness behind it.

There's a seriously TL;DR explanation here (but the pictures are pretty): www.metabunk.org...

N.b., I am not arguing that the smaller disc in the image upthread is Niburu, just that this debunk has a flaw that I can't explain away.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

common sense is the only evidence you need..

hmm so common sense replaces refutation by evidence...?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

That's not very satisfactory. The faint line observed across the diameter is consistent with a cloud passing in front of something bright, and that cloud being mostly (but not completely) 'drowned out' by the brightness behind it.

There's a seriously TL;DR explanation here (but the pictures are pretty): www.metabunk.org...

N.b., I am not arguing that the smaller disc in the image upthread is Niburu, just that this debunk has a flaw that I can't explain away.

I get that but the image at 1. is nowhere as bright as the sun itself and what about objects 2. and 3, where the same effect is observed? Plus, if what we see in the water is a mirror-reflection of the sky, why is object 4. in the wrong position in relation to the Sun's reflection?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't have any answers, just my original question.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well. All things aside, the denial is strong with my pal from the OP. I have since debugged just about every picture (no point in showing him as it just makes things worse) to be a sense flare. And most of them are pretty easy to debunk. He quit answering my phone calls. And he has secluded himself. i saw his GF on a dating site. She must think he's bat # crazy and is trying to gtfo. Thanks for the input guys.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nomad4chr1st

I think anyone who is trying to survive a tidal wave by digging a trench at the foothills of the Appalachians, instead of planning to retreat to the tops of the Appalachians, is probably beyond the reach of rational argument anyway.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
So I see Nibiru Channel 2016 has made an appearance on ATS...let me give a little insight on this man shall I.

Over the last few days I have been seeing him post videos on youtube where he has been lying to people and have been called out by a few on his rampant use of lens flares he likes to call Nibiru.

Well he has threatened many with calling the law because he says they threatened him which they didn't from what I can see, but that isn't all he has been harassing those who disagree with him.

He even closed comments briefly because of it.

Nibiru is not real the channel used in the OP is a joke and should be put with other known hoax channels from youtube.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join