It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Blacklist - Why was my ADGUK, 3rdPhase, SecureTeam10, Section51, etc, video moved to HOAX?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i like watching them, but of course I take it with a huge grain(Block) of salt and come to my own conclusions. I remember when we had to wait until after the late night TV to get our paranormal fix and it was usually crammed into thirty minutes once a week along with ghosts and cryptozoology... So what is the lesser of two evils... late night TV Ad shows, or multi content hit or miss UFO commentary...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Here's a good reason we hoax this tripe...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Pathaka

Genuine footage usually comes from people who uploaded a video or pictures due to curiosity. One off video's.

YouTube most likely needs a page ran by someone who is objective in this field, but people prefer the "OMG! ALIENS!" type of title's, a honest ufo researcher willing to compile genuine footage probably doesn't stand a chance in making money or even getting many views, people send their footage to the popular people, so that means thirdphaseofthemoon and secure team 10 or area52?

It's quite the undertaking to achieve if you think about it. You'd need proper analysis, the ability and time to investigate sightings. It'll take manpower and resources.

It's why we are stuck with the established, MUFON or YouTube pages such as securetean10. Everything else is poorly funded amateurs and/or genuinely curious people.

Sad but true.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Yes, yes it is.

Fortunately, more and more folks are cluing in to the fact that he is a serial hoaxer. Unfortunately, those who aren't hoaxing, and are honest researchers, are being colored by the same crayon being used on, and deservedly so, Tyler and ST10.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yes, yes it is.

Fortunately, more and more folks are cluing in to the fact that he is a serial hoaxer. Unfortunately, those who aren't hoaxing, and are honest researchers, are being colored by the same crayon being used on, and deservedly so, Tyler and ST10.

Brainwave: how about an ATS YouTube channel that posts UFO videos submitted by the public? They can be viewed by a committee of ATS Mods and members, and if they seem genuine, can be posted for further discussion?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That there is something way, way above my pay-grade...!!

No reason you can't bring it up to the big guys, however...

Springer will probably be checking in on this thread...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
secureteam10 isnt a "hoax" account on youtube, it's more tabloid, which is different. either way that channel is nonsense, no research is ever done and all they do is spew info about emails they get with no proof or evidence backing any of it. it's all for $$$

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well... ATS has tried a few things in the last 6 or so years I've been here, we've got experts...

I'd even donate what measly funds I can to such an endeavour. Ufos are at the heart of this conspiracy site, it brought me here way back and many others over the years.

Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and be bold. I personally think it's a brilliant idea.

Good call DJW001!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
I actually like Secureteam10. Sure, sometimes he'll retell stories told to him that sound like obvious BS and he's not afraid to claim NASA covers things up, but I like how he doesn't necessarily push the video's legitimacy on you. Usually, he presents an interesting clip, tells where it came from, what he thinks about it, then admits that he doesn't know if it's alien, something military, something natural or a hoax. He leaves it up to the viewer to make up their own mind about what they're seeing, and he often calls out other hoaxes and tells his viewers when something from a previous video was identified.

I consider myself pretty skeptical. Maybe he did things differently in the past, but I've been subscribed to him for a while and I haven't really seen him uploading any videos that are blatant, terrible CGI like most UFO channels do.

My issue with Tyler is he seems like a neophyte. I think his channel is for people like him. For instance, a couple weeks ago, he put up that Nellis UFO video from the 90s, but acted like it he'd never seen it before and it was a rare piece of footage few people knew about.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
These people may be Blacklisted but it doesn't mean to say that everything delivered from said persons is bogus... To me, a long standing member of ATS it smacks of censorship and a lack of trust in the powers of evaluation of those that frequent the UFO forum. Denying Ignorance through dictatorship/censorship is in itself Ignorance.

We have a brain and a keen eye for truth or has that been forgotten by ATS admins and members

I'm beginning to smell a rather different tone in ATS of late... TPTB? Seems Secureteam may have been hitting the nail on the head about the assassinations of UFOlogists Max Spiers for example and the clamp down on the UFO community in general..

As for the voice video, as a regular user of Audacity it works both ways... I could make my voice sound like any other Englishman and any other Englishman to sound like me, accent permitting.

As mentioned in a recent thread... It's the members that generate threads in ATS if they wish to chose a video from said sources to be scrutinised so be it.

Isn't that half the fun of ATS? the discovery, Real or Fake, Proven or Debunked or is that now not permitted? It is what ATS was created for is it not?
edit on 30-6-2017 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Decided to check the voice myself and play with it..... A VERY BIG MISS, the fact Tyler has a lisp and the sample played with when changed doesn't. I wondered how many actually missed that, you cant filter out a lisp.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

If Secureteam 10 and the others float your boat visit their sites but when its obvious they promote & post everything as 100% legit without questioning even the most obvious BS they deserve to be treated the way they are.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

If Secureteam wants to drive viewers to their site to make money, they can pay to advertise here. That is not censorship, it is capitalism.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

If Secureteam 10 and the others float your boat visit their sites but when its obvious they promote & post everything as 100% legit without questioning even the most obvious BS they deserve to be treated the way they are.

I peruse their videos from time to time for gems but it doesn't mean I'll blanket ban them to a "Blacklist" because they posted something poor on their account be it fake or not, that's down to the beholder to decide which ever way the judgement may fall... It is kind of double standards to say something is fake with an actual fake debunking video as stated earlier you cannot filter an accent or speech impediment, Is that video and user now on the blacklist????????
just a thought.

Truth bombs are devastating aren't they....

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Don't bother defending ST-10.. your wasting your keystrokes here.

Tyler's last video has 20,835 views and it only went up a few hours ago

His 'sub' count sits at 937,000

I seriously doubt he needs ATS's support.. nor want's it

Not bad for a untrustworthy, lying 'hoxer' eh

But please do tell me again.. what 'ol man tom's de liar's latest tweet is and that he's the hope your pinning disclosure on... or let's just all sit down and tear each other apart over some other joker's tweets.. as that's what's acceptable now, what's encouraged, on ATS.

Run those numbers.. then wonder why many don't bother anymore after a week or month in the UFO or Paranormal section of this site..

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

If Secureteam wants to drive viewers to their site to make money, they can pay to advertise here. That is not censorship, it is capitalism.

And so do most of them... It's nothing new. Or has the power of your own critical thought and eye been rendered useless

The Whole point of ATS is to call out those that are found purposely using or accidentally using fake info, images etc. to dig and dissect any conspiracy... All I see here is a ban list that screams "There's nothing to see here, move along", You don't Deny Ignorance by making a list of people to be Ignorant to. You Deny Ignorance through Knowledge, Experience sharing, Enlighten and Discussion... all I see here is a method to stifle, oppress and restrict.

I remember why I joined and blacklists didn't exist as the critical eye and judgement of the members was evident and was shared to enlighten to the fakes and the facts. Seems in my quiet times away the site has mutated somewhat...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
Don't bother defending ST-10.. your wasting your keystrokes here.

Tyler's last video has 20,835 views and it only went up a few hours ago

His 'sub' count sits at 937,000

I seriously doubt he needs ATS's support.. nor want's it

Not bad for a untrustworthy, lying 'hoxer' eh

But please do tell me again.. what 'ol man tom's de liar's latest tweet is and that he's the hope your pinning disclosure on... or let's just all sit down and tear each other apart over some other joker's tweets.. as that's what's acceptable now, what's encouraged, on ATS.

Run those numbers.. then wonder why many don't bother anymore after a week or month in the UFO or Paranormal section of this site..

I not really defending anyone person per say, just the right to decide for my self... Debate being the corner stone of ATS, can't debate it if material provided ends up on some avoid list(Blacklist). Final point, a lot of people use these types of streamers/tubers to get their footage out into the public... I should imagine the dent in the UFO forum would be considerable.........

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Does not change the fact in any fashion that ST10, and others like him, push hoaxs. That they have thousands of subscribers means little to nothing in that context.

His status isn't likely to change anytime soon. He's a huckster out to make a dollar off of people who so desperately want to believe in something out of this world they'll buy anything. Doesn't say much for him, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I find it interesting that somebody who does the work to expose hoaxes ( www.youtube.com... ) gets less than 400 views, while a hoaxer gets many times that.

People want to be fooled and taken advantage of is the only explanation I can come up with. Why anyone would defend a hoaxer is certainly beyond me.

It's like a Stockholm Syndrome type thing, in that the victims defend the person or people taking advantage of them.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Many doni bother on here because the same old alien/disclosure BS gets recycled constantly.

Tyler posts a whole lot of BULL COOKIES and his subs lap it up like flies on said bull cookies.

Today when it should be a thousand times easier to get some real evidence standards have dropped.

I joined here because I was told I would see some real evidence I hope some day I will.

In reality though we have many on here that a dot of light a night on a video or image is first of all Mog from Zog. We also have wild claims about speed and distances on night videos when its impossible to judge that as you have no frame of reference.

We also have a group of people on here with the ability and gear to capture good quality images and video. Members out for long hours in the middle of nowhere that never see any of these objects yet we have people on youtube with little skill poor equipment with hundreds of videos

Have a look at our members astrophotography thread. Longest day now past looking forward to dark skies and some equipment I will have access to during the winter months.

May be one of us will be lucky and not just Mr Super Lucky iphone ufo hunter youtube poster.

edit on 30-6-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join