It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone NOT experienced the Mandela Effect?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

WE are experimenting on Kids now to prove the Mandella effect? Cool .... sounds ethical. (yes I'm joking)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Sooooo... Is there anyone who has never experienced the Mandela Effect?

Mandela himself?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Excellent, that was the difference.

I guess we disagree on when the problem occurs. I think that specific issue happens at the recall stage while you think it's slowly enforced over time.

Basically I believe that whether it's an hour after, or 20 years after the same answer will happen.

At least these can be highly unethically tested.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

No we are in disagreement on where the problem occurs. You think the problem occurred throughout reality (or throughout the Earth); I, instead, think it is just a figment of the person's imagination because they don't want to admit they are remembering something from their childhood incorrectly.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I just experienced it. I swore I had already tested some hardware and it didn't work. I had left it there as a paper weight. Then one day out of gentle desperation I tried it again, hoping maybe somehow I remembered wrong or it'd fix itself sort of like when Marty slammed his head against the dashboard and the car started up. Being familiar with hardware, I know it can do weird things, so when I troubleshoot I always give it another chance. Well whuddya know? It worked. It conflicted with my memory. I guess I have no way of knowing whether this was a timeline shift or something other hackjob from above. The rational part of me--the Spock part--tells me it was a discombobulated memory. I can't reject that explanation. It at least has a solid, reasonably scientific foundation. If I'm to be pessimistic, it means I can't trust my memory.

I think for the mandela effect to be real it needs to be something which is not only corroborated in the memory of individuals but also recorded by devices which're not susceptible to the faults of the human mind. If a camera, for example, records a sequence of events which differ from what history remembers then it may be possible to empirically confirm it by examining the camera and the details surrounding its recording. You'd want multiple cameras and controls to show it's an actual phenomenon.

If ONLY the human mind is able to detect these "timeline shifts" then we need to figure out exactly what the human mind is so we can duplicate the effect in a lab environment. The mind holds the key.
edit on 9/15/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Cool, that's not at all what I think.

Rather than ask why you think I believe that, I would ask you to check my Mandolia Effect thread, that's my final attempt at explaining it.

And the reason for this thread was to help hone it.

We still disagree slightly, however it looks like a productive disagreement and not voodoo vs science.
We both agree that a psychologist is better to consult regarding this than a physicist.
edit on 15-9-2016 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Solomon Shereshevsky had a perfect memory.

en.wikipedia.org...

Until obviously he couldn't distinguish 2 minutes ago from 5 years ago, because he always remember both so vividly, and went insane.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Its a little late to ask .... but I'm always up for some Necromancy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join