It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone NOT experienced the Mandela Effect?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: GailNot

Fair enough.

I guess the purpose of the OP is to find a way to argue with people against what they have "felt".
If a successful argument can be made to convince ME'ers they are wrong then perhaps other more dangerous doctrines which rely on what people have felt can be argued against too.

Just trying to hone my strategy however my poorly thought out OP probably won't be that helpful.

Fair 'nough as well.

I wasn't sure where you were coming from. I really didn't pay attention too much to all of this Mandela Effect, until I decided to take the time and sit and read about it one day a few weeks ago.

The answers I've given you are basically what I would give anyone believing in it. If They could refute it, then we should go from there.

Pretty sure no one will be able to.
edit on 14-9-2016 by GailNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orborus

originally posted by: GailNot
Imagine this: If there are infinite possibilities, you do realize that you and you alone only exist because your mom laid down and had relations with your dad at a certain exact time. And out of all of the hundreds of millions of sperm the exact one that you are reached the egg in your mom at the exact time it did for you to be alive.

And you expect us to believe this happens over and over again in infinite universes but nothing else remains the same?

You do realize the chances of that even happening are a lot better than you coming about by chance. Your very being alive is beyond all chances of any lottery. Think about that.

Just because there are 'infinite possibilities' (or essentially infinite from our perspective) doesn't mean it necessarily includes infinite variety (you could have an infinite number of the integer 1 for example).

There may be a great many parallel offshoots of our universe and its symbolic history, a person remaining in 'one' single version (ie. their birth universe) might be the true statistical improbability. We're constantly moving up or down the chain to very similar -- but not exactly identical -- parallel variants of our symbolic universe. Sometimes we can take bigger leaps but how one goes about this I can't say at this time. Still much to learn and codify about this process, if indeed this is a real 'process' at all.

None of what you replied negates what I stated. And it is all just conjecture and speculation, nothing provable, so not worth arguing.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have not but that is because I'm not arrogant enough to believe my memory or how I perceive things is perfect or inffalible.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

People who claim to experience the Mandela Effect are just too proud to admit they are misremembering things.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

People who claim to experience the Mandela Effect are just too proud to admit they are misremembering things.

Agreed, don't think everyone is too proud though. I think that comes from your own personal bias. From what I get you are too proud to recognize many many things you don't want to. Not everyone is like you.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Well how these things usually go is that someone misremembers something, sees the correct form, then says "That ain't right! It's clearly XYZ!" That's what I mean by being too proud. Many times these same people will turn to questionable sources like Youtube videos to confirm their biases, "See! Here are other people in the world that remember it as I do!" Uh no... They just remembered it wrong too.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Well how these things usually go is that someone misremembers something, sees the correct form, then says "That ain't right! It's clearly XYZ!" That's what I mean by being too proud. Many times these same people will turn to questionable sources like Youtube videos to confirm their biases, "See! Here are other people in the world that remember it as I do!" Uh no... They just remembered it wrong too.

Ok. Still doesn't mean you're not arrogant just like the rest. I've still not seen you have any humility. If you do I haven't seen it.

(My observation arrogance or pride has mostly nothing to do with their errors, it has to do with their own wrong beliefs).

If you're worried about me don't.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I consider "Hmmm, I was sure it was X" as experiencing the Mandela Effect.

You being sure means absolutely jack. When I get "hm...I was sure it was X"...is usually followed up by "I must be mistaken since it isnt"...ME believers however have a different mechanism for dealing with it...it goes something like this...

"I'm sure it was X"...."therefore...everybody else must be wrong and are not special like me".

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I know beyond a doubt that the Mandela Effect is at work...

I know for certain that the spouse & I had a marriage ceremony the exact day we had Armstrong walk-on-the-moon in July 1969... because we opened a bottle of Champaign at the Admiral Ben Bow directly after the vows done at the Church of the Pilgrim in D.C. (~3:18 pm eastern = 20:18 UTC)

I know the marriage license says 15 June 1969, but the minister felt he needed to counsel the man 21, & the woman 19 who were Hippies living in the DuPont Circle area in NW, DC

my spouse still thinks the actual ceremony was 15 June instead of the real date of July 20th (the moon landing/moon walk) in 1969

edit on th30147385683614402016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

On the same note it seems that some people who misremember things are too proud to call it the Mandela Effect also.

You cannot explain Deja Vu to someone by saying it doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Me

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Argentbenign

Thanks, may I ask if english is your first language?
Just due to the signature.

Nope, sorry the English its my hard and grammar-less child. Good for spell checkers!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Is there anyone who has never experienced the Mandela Effect?

As another poster pointed out, everyone has had an experience of mis-remembering. How does one differentiate between a faulty memory and the Mandela Effect?

Back in the early '80s, I bought a Berenstain Bears cake pan for my son's birthday. I was surprised when I noticed it was spelled with an "a" and I figured it was because it was a cheap knockoff. Maybe. Or maybe not. Was I experiencing the ME way back then? Or did I just assume it was an "e" because that was how I'd seen "Stein" spelled and assumed it was the same?

Maybe I'm just too old and I know I've mis-remembered too many things in my life to automatically assume my memory is always correct.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
everyday I wake up. cant locate my pants, sometimes I don't know where I am, but I just tell myself its the "Mandela effect"

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh I see what you are doing. You are ad hominem attacking me for no reason.

If you're worried about me don't.

Why would I be worried about you? I don't even want to talk to you anymore now.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I haven't...... but in the other time zone I had until they changed it....
2nd

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

On the same note it seems that some people who misremember things are too proud to call it the Mandela Effect also.

You cannot explain Deja Vu to someone by saying it doesn't exist.

Look. Our brains don't work like computer hard drives. We don't learn something then store it as is for later recall in our brains. We learn things through repetition. So if you repeatably reinforce the wrong information, you will recall the wrong information. This is how the Mandela Effect happens to people.

Your brain lies to you ALL the time.
Your brain lies to you
Is Your Brain Lying to You?

Therefore, it makes more sense that the misremembering is the fault of the person making the Mandela Effect claim. I have a rational scientific explanation behind what you think you are experiencing. You should refute THAT first and make sure your brain isn't lying to you before continuing down the Mandela Effect line of thought. Not the other way around. You aren't right first and science needs to prove you wrong.
edit on 14-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Is there anyone who has never experienced the Mandela Effect?

Yes, I have never experienced it.

I am able to admit my memory is not perfect and some of the things I remember are incorrect. But just because I do not recall them correctly and others *also* remember them incorrectly as I do, does not constitute an extraordinary reason.

I recall, 100%, seeing in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, near the end when the rebels are advancing on the Death Star v2 and just when they realise the shield is still up, pull up. However, I distinctly recall several fighters smashing into the shield.

No one else does. Any even my younger brother who watched it on a hooky VHS tape in May 1983 DIDNT remember that -- util after years of me persisting. He now remembers it.

Why?

Incorrect, unsure memories compounded with pop culture, mass media, ie: outside influencing. Nothing more.

I know I am incorrect and reality didnt change. But then, my life isn't empty or boring, so I'm happy with real, honest answer. Maybe the ME delusionals are looking from something to fill a void...?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
+1 to Krazysh0t's post.

I agree and reckon if people were to evaluate the 'ME' issue with a scientific approach, it would fall apart very, very quickly.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There's one I find intriguing.

Many people remember being taught that dilemma is spelled dilemna. Whenever this issues is brought up on television, radio, the web, or in the print press thousands claim they also remember being taught this spelling. And these claims have come from English speaking countries all over the globe.

This is interesting because unlike "Berenstain Bears" this remembered spelling is counter-intuitive. And most recall using mnemonics to remind themselves of this odd spelling of dilemma.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join