It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Has anyone NOT experienced the Mandela Effect?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Yeah, the problem with vague voodoo is the amount of interpretations.

However my line of thinking is that it could be like those "Magic Eye" pictures that you stare at until you see a sailboat or a schooner. I'm one of those people that can't see the pictures in them for whatever reason.

For some reason my brain can't be tricked by those (trust me, it's not special) and I'm curious if there are people who similarly can't be tricked into experiencing ME's.

I'm just thinking if we can find someone that is immune to the effect we can get closer to a reasonable explanation.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I thought I had but I cant remember

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
I'm just thinking if we can find someone that is immune to the effect we can get closer to a reasonable explanation.

I fail to understand what's not reasonable with the current explanation.

edit on 9-14-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: bloody typo

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I was gonna start a Mandela effect thread but I already know there is a steady stream of them. Anybody know the song Snow (hey oh) by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, if you are familiar with the song please listen to it again and tell Mr if it sounds weird like the entire bass scheme has changed.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer
I'm not aware of a good explanation yet apart from my own. (possibly some bias there)

A good explanation should be able to be used to find other new Mandela Effects.

I tried to use my theory but all I could come up with was Dominoes Pizza and that's not a very convincing ME so my theory isn't up to the level I require to be able to shut down the stupidity.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

If you're wanting to "discover" some, just google "misheard lyrics".

Trust me, some of them you'll laugh at, but some you'll be convinced of.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The people in these videos typify those who bought into this Mandela effect nonsense.
They're emotional, irrational, and illogical.

In the first video, the guy claims emphatically that he is presenting "absolute proof", yet he's wrong on every single example he sites.

This guy is even goofier. He "proves" the Mandela effect by calling his mom and asking her about "The Berenstain Bears". She's not even sure what the name was, yet she's sure it's not "Berenstain."

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I got up this morning and stubbed my toe on the Mandela Effect Coffee Table we just bought. Other than that, no. Not once. Never.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I'm not aware of a good explanation yet apart from my own.

You're aware, you just don't agree they are the explanations.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Not really anything left for me to say.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think you're under the impression that I believe there is some woo woo explanation.
That is definitely not the case as per my theory

If you can show me an explanation which can be used to find new ME's I would be very grateful.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The double 'you' got me the first time.

Okay, I think I get what you're actually trying to achieve here.

Not an explanation for the ME, but why?

I feel I should apologies for I was under a different impression, due to my own hastiness.

I'm sorry mate.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is a phenomena that has been discussed long before the term "Mandela Effect" was created.

There are reasons people can make similar errors. Or simply remember things incorrectly. And the brain can make things feel like memories that aren't.

But some of these "mistakes" are so widespread, another explanation seems likely. The notion that it may be bleed over from another time-stream, or alternate universe, may not be as outlandish as it seems. Or it could be another (not fully understood) neurological phenomena. Perhaps something akin to deja vu.

However, I do think there are some things that are lumped into the "Mandela Effect" that are simply common mistakes.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I will give you two very simple and easy reasons beyond what I already did that the ME (not Mass Effect) cannot be real.

1. Time Travel.

Our perception of time is energy in motion. Since energy has always existed eternally into the past (without a beginning) time has always existed. And energy will assuredly exist eternally into the future. So, likewise, time will always exist.

And so you see time is always moving in one direction, forward, and will always do so. But since it is only the perception of the observer of energy in motion, there is no way to go back in time. If this is incorrect please correct me. I'm pretty sure this is correct. The implications of time travel means turning back the motion of every object in the universe. It is simply quite absurd.

2. Parallel universes.

There is no proof of them. There is more proof of God than a parallel universe with ours.

I have no doubt that some sceintific nerd can come and site a whole bunch of mombo-jobo that would impress certain people as to the probability of infinite and parallel universes.

But I would not use complicated terms nor arrogant attacks on such ones. I would simply ask this:

Imagine this: If there are infinite possibilities, you do realize that you and you alone only exist because your mom laid down and had relations with your dad at a certain exact time. And out of all of the hundreds of millions of sperm the exact one that you are reached the egg in your mom at the exact time it did for you to be alive.

And you expect us to believe this happens over and over again in infinite universes but nothing else remains the same?

You do realize the chances of that even happening are a lot better than you coming about by chance. Your very being alive is beyond all chances of any lottery. Think about that.

edit on 14-9-2016 by GailNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
All good, my problem is that I actually use the ME term. No apologies necessary.

I'm glad the "you" thing worked. I wasn't sure how much of that was dependent on spacing etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
No I haven't.

I think it's a load of crap if we're being honest.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GailNot
And you expect us to believe this happens over and over again in infinite universes but nothing else remains the same?

No I don't. What makes you think I do believe that?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

No I don't. What makes you think I do believe that?

It was a rhetoric question for people believing in what the OP is about. It was not directed toward you in particular.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is an interesting concept that some people's consciousness had crossed over from one timeline to another, this being a possibility means that a ripple was created in the space time continuum possibly by time travelers going back in time and altering history, yes I got the time traveler thing from the area 51 video of the alien saying he was from our distant future, there is a thread on it. Small ripples in the timeline could affect some people's reality while leaving other people's reality alone. Where some people remember things from the original timeline because they were somehow outside or inside of something that prevented their memories from being altered. I mean seriously our planet is one big giant spinning electromagnetic field, maybe some people's place in that electromagnetic was what prevented their memories from being affected.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GailNot

Fair enough.

I guess the purpose of the OP is to find a way to argue with people against what they have "felt".
If a successful argument can be made to convince ME'ers they are wrong then perhaps other more dangerous doctrines which rely on what people have felt can be argued against too.

Just trying to hone my strategy however my poorly thought out OP probably won't be that helpful.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Imagine this: If there are infinite possibilities, you do realize that you and you alone only exist because your mom laid down and had relations with your dad at a certain exact time. And out of all of the hundreds of millions of sperm the exact one that you are reached the egg in your mom at the exact time it did for you to be alive.

You do realize the chances of that even happening are a lot better than you coming about by chance. Your very being alive is beyond all chances of any lottery. Think about that.

Just because there are 'infinite possibilities' (or essentially infinite from our perspective) doesn't mean it necessarily includes infinite variety (you could have an infinite number of the integer 1 for example).

There may be a great many parallel offshoots of our universe and its symbolic history, a person remaining in 'one' single version (ie. their birth universe) might be the true statistical improbability. We're constantly moving up or down the chain to very similar -- but not exactly identical -- parallel variants of our symbolic universe. Sometimes we can take bigger leaps but how one goes about this I can't say at this time. Still much to learn and codify about this process, if indeed this is a real 'process' at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join