It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paul Invent Christianity?

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: SethTsaddik

And because of such you could make any Hebrew consonant make a myriad of words unless you knew the languages forms of guttural pronunciations as it was spoken back then (and you don't) and if you had an Original copy to read from (which you don't).

Why are you so mad?

Luckily I have a fine English translation, but you can have fun with certain words with double meanings when you have no vowels.

Like when someone in the NT sees baby Jesus and says "I have seen salvation."

Salvation is Yesha, Jesus is YeshUa, but without vowels it's the same word and he is saying two things at once, in Hebrew.
edit on 3-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SethTsaddik

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

Correct, and in addition to all of that he also denounced the Temple slaughterhouse sacrifices that the Mosaic law demands ridiculous amounts of and disrespected the Temple by causing a disturbance because it was a business, not a pacifist ideology but one of racial superiority and cruelty designed to instill overzealousness, all culminated in the Bar Kochba revolt and Jews became the permanent enemy of Rome causing endless persecution.

Yes, and it was right after He went ballistic, made a whip and drove them and the animals out of the outer courts (right before Passover) that they were now plotting how to arrest and kill Him.

They treated him like a mock sacrifice to Azazel too, releasing one Jesus (Barabbas) and killing the other, the atonement ritual of Yom Kippur I think or the day of atonement. He even speaks about turning sins white as snow and at one point is accused of claiming the authority to forgive and judge sins, which is true, but as a Prophet his authority was bestowed and it is not to forgive directly but to lead to the path of forgiveness which involves baptism and the blessings of the Holy Spirit.

This, I believe, was the reason he was killed, revealing the Shekinah to the masses or the Divine Feminine, as the Gospel of the Hebrews has Jesus calling the Spirit his Mother, something I suspected before reading the quote from Hebrews Gospel.

This was erased even by the Romans who recognized in Judaism a way to oppress the people by claiming that law was dead but still using it when wanted, such as killing off entire sects with different beliefs not violent or a threat to government, just not what the government thought police wanted people to think.

And patriarchal dominance and slavery were key, Paul provided the necessary doctrine for that, changing the religion from a new liberal movement to an oppressive regime, while claiming freedom from the law of Moses.

Not at all what Jesus planned.

Bravo, sir...bravo. You (once again) nailed it.
I always wondered why females were so shoved down and put in a subservient position, when GOD created us just as He created men or the masculine. It made way more sense that God was both masculine and feminine. Heck, if you believe the whole "trinity" false doctrine, then you have all MALES in the trinity. Jeez....what are women? Chopped liver? Uh, oh I know....we were created only to SERVE men. Yea...something Paul was very adamant about. As well as YHWH. LOL.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

No Jesus would have shown mercy to both just as he did with the one. He did not come to judge he came to save.

You claimed with no proof from the scriptures of any version that Jesus, and I quote ". . . broke all the laws." If he had broke all the laws then he is a sinner. But he did not and the only clear law that he was accused of breaking was the sabbath. And he showed he did not break it.

JHVH and YHWH are not the same God. You need to know that when Alexander the Great brought the Jews to Greece he had then translate the Books of the law, the Prophets, Psalms and Proverbs into Greek. They found that Jehovah's shortened name semi matched a Greek tribal god of wisdom whose Name was Yaweh. They removed letter from Yaweh and added one to make it look as though it was the same god of the intellectual elite of the day. They rendered a shortened form of YHWH to match that of the one true God JHVH. This was done to get the Greeks to accept their Scriptures and the prophecies concerning Alexander the great as found in the book of Daniel.

How ever even a 6 grader can tell that Jehovah and Yaweh are not the same name. And as I always say things tha are different are not the same.

But I will not endeavor any longer you have shown your self to be not forthcoming. To discuss any more with your is a futile endeavor and I would much rather go to other topics. My only purpose was to protect those young in Christ from your lies.

Really? A 6th grader can tell the difference? Tell you what...most CHRISTIANS don't even know what the name is because most Bible's have "Lord" in the place of YHWH'S name. Not only that, but you wouldn't know the true name of the Father of Jesus because HE NEVER SAID YHWH or Yahweh or anything of the sort even ONCE. He called His Father, "FATHER", and He told us to do the same.
So Chester, just as you think you are protecting those "young in Christ", I too feel I'm protecting many from going 20 or more years caught up in a false religion that is full of division and hypocrisy. I have sat in numerous Sunday sermons, numerous youth groups, and way to many other things to list. It's all BULL#$*#. Pull the mask away and "Christians" are just as messed up and have just the same problems as everyone else...including atheists.
Actually, the non-Christian folks I have met are more real, down to earth, and KIND than most Christians I know.
But, you go ahead and do whatever it is you think you need to do to "protect" others from the TRUTH.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

the real question is why do you think that applies to you today?

WHAT? The Beatitudes? I'm not sure what you mean. However, the Beatitudes are some of the best teachings of Jesus you can take to heart.
Unfortunately, you think they were only for Israel...oh, and only for the NEW Kingdom. Jeez.
See...your buddy Paul makes it so you don't have to keep any of those teachings of Jesus. Right?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

No Jesus would have shown mercy to both just as he did with the one. He did not come to judge he came to save.

Oh...question for you...WHY didn't YHWH come "to save"? Why couldn't He (you know, being omnipotent and all that). Why didn't HE just save those who were lost? Why didn't HE just show mercy and kindness to those who most needed it?
Do you really think he had an "about face change" and decide that killing without mercy wasn't the way to go? Seriously?
So, after thousands of years of smiting and killing with no mercy, he all of sudden has a change of heart and decides to send his son to show everyone just how much mercy he really had to BEGIN with?? Yea...right.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I believe most English Bibles have LORD (all capitalized) this tradition carried over from the Jews who were so superstitious at reading the name of God in vain when reading it they substituted the Hebrew word LORD for JHVH.

Now you know the root.

You would be mistaken many true Christians know the translation of LORD as JHVH.

edit on 4-12-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

WHAT? The Beatitudes? I'm not sure what you mean. However, the Beatitudes are some of the best teachings of Jesus you can take to heart.
Unfortunately, you think they were only for Israel...oh, and only for the NEW Kingdom. Jeez.
See...your buddy Paul makes it so you don't have to keep any of those teachings of Jesus. Right?

You never spoke of the Beatitudes in the post I replied too. Get your replies straight before you stick your foot in your mouth. try referring to the link attached to your name in my replies.

Here is what you said and why I asked why you think this applies to you.

Where's his mercy and love in all those "kill them for this and kill them for that" laws?
here is the linka reply to: Matrixsurvivor

so why do you think these laws applied to you?

You still have not showed one single verse to back up your claim that Jesus "Broke all the Laws". Come on answer my question to show me the verses where Jesus violated all the laws or that he didn't keep any laws that God gave Israel.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The LORD did come and save, you just don't believe the scriptures and accept them as true.

You desire that he just come to save the lost is quite hilarious. Seeing that implies that some are not lost and others are lost. Which shows you don't know the word of God.

You always sound like a broken record. "that does not mean that" "Jesus never claimed to be God." "Paul is a liar" etc etc etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

However, the Beatitudes are some of the best teachings of Jesus you can take to heart.

First of all Jeeze is a slang term for Jesus and you just used his name in vain.

Secondly, If you believe that ALL the beatitudes are for today then take this to heart and obey. Please give me your home, your car and all your money. To violate this is to go against all you have been saying that only the teachings of Jesus will you follow.

Matthew 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
I have asked and if you do not give it to me then you are not keeping the words of Jesus. If you don't keep the words of Jesus then you do not love him as you claim.

John 14:23-24 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The question, did Paul invent Christianity, can be answered best I believe (assuming Paul was even real, a big assumption) in his own words where he:

"completes what is lacking in Christ's afflictions..."

Lacking in Christ's afflictions? Surely this man is not stating that the afflictions suffered by Christ were lacking, right?

He is. Colossians 1:24

"..., and in my flesh I am completing what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church."

In other words, Christ afflictions were not enough to complete the task that Christ spent his life in preparation for, making him essentially a failure according to Paul and ''lacking" needing Paul in the flesh or "in my flesh" as he puts it, as if he had another form, to fix what is lacking and complete the job.

Which would only be the case if Christ actually did fail and his apostles also failed, which is Jesus failure too as a a Prophet and the Messiah.

Paul didn't fix anything, he just changed the ideology in the name of Christ using the true movement to gain the appearance that what he taught came from them before going off on his and never again returning to Jerusalem after he put down his pen or at the end point of Acts really.

And Paul clearly saying that what Christ taught and did was inadequate or "lacking" and only he could fix it ''I am completing" does not mean him and the apostles, just him.

And completing insists that Christ Christ did not because something was "lacking in Christ's afflictions" meaning inadequate, and something more needs to be done.

And Paul thus takes credit for the salvation he preaches, as its author I guess he has the right, but it has nothing to do with Jesus.

And neither does Christianity. Salvation is through Paul in Christianity, and the focus of Christianity is salvation, an inherently selfish concept when it's yourself you are saving.

Jesus was no salvationist preacher, he wanted earth to be like Heaven and never used the Pauline meaning of salvation, the 2 times he says the word.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

So all your reply is then is just one big Assumption and Opinion, no need to even read the rest o fit.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So all your reply is then is just one big Assumption and Opinion, no need to even read the rest o fit.

If you read it you would see many quotes that are in the context of the NT, FACTS, and quite a few, very little no assumption or opinions were offered.

No, it's based on the New Testament and what it says.

Did you not read the quote and explanation? If you see something untrue quote me without taking it out of context and refute it.

What are you accomplishing by snottily repeating ''opinion, opinion."

Your religion is an opinion. All religions are chosen opinions with the exception of religious cults of indoctrination since birth.

"The Bible is true historically."

Is an opinion. So proceed with something less obvious when you you learn how to debate and whatever, get some manners, learn some of the contents of the Bible.
edit on 5-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No I have read all the stuff before and it is all nonsense. But whenever anyone starts with lets assume I wont go any further seeing it is all assumption made up opinionated nonsense.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I believe most English Bibles have LORD (all capitalized) this tradition carried over from the Jews who were so superstitious at reading the name of God in vain when reading it they substituted the Hebrew word LORD for JHVH.

Now you know the root.

You would be mistaken many true Christians know the translation of LORD as JHVH.

Except that most Christians DON'T know the name YHWH. A few maybe, but not most. SO....if "God" promised to "preserve his word to all generations", then why couldn't he make sure his NAME was preserved in the book HE Promised to preserve?? Guess people have to get through all the translations....and somehow figure it out on their own.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The LORD did come and save, you just don't believe the scriptures and accept them as true.

You desire that he just come to save the lost is quite hilarious. Seeing that implies that some are not lost and others are lost. Which shows you don't know the word of God.

You always sound like a broken record. "that does not mean that" "Jesus never claimed to be God." "Paul is a liar" etc etc etc.

Then why did Jesus say he he didn't come for the righteous but for the sinners?
He made a distinction.
So, did Jesus call certain people righteous??
You do know the word of God, right Chester?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Now you know the root.

I already knew the "root". However, apparently "god" couldn't PROTECT his NAME from being changed to LORD.....you know....that same god you said would preserve his word to all generations.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Why? Can't rebut it?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

However, the Beatitudes are some of the best teachings of Jesus you can take to heart.

First of all Jeeze is a slang term for Jesus and you just used his name in vain.

Secondly, If you believe that ALL the beatitudes are for today then take this to heart and obey. Please give me your home, your car and all your money. To violate this is to go against all you have been saying that only the teachings of Jesus will you follow.

Matthew 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
I have asked and if you do not give it to me then you are not keeping the words of Jesus. If you don't keep the words of Jesus then you do not love him as you claim.

John 14:23-24 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Well Chester, I do my best. I also don't think I'm "offending" Jesus by saying Jeez or crap. You are so indoctrinated by Paul's gibberish, you can't even HEAR Jesus.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Ummm....then why not give it to ME? You know, turn about is fair play, sir. I actually do try to give to "the least of these". Do you? Or are you sitting high and mighty on all you believe "god" has given to you?
What are you going to do when he takes it AWAY?
You know the song..."He gives and takes away". Right?
Something like Job experienced. Are you still going to stay steadfast when you lose something dear to you? OR...when you finally realize that your savior Paul is a liar? What if Paul is a liar? THEN what will you do? Oh my....you will have to actually follow Jesus! How inconvenient.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Secondly, If you believe that ALL the beatitudes are for today then take this to heart and obey. Please give me your home, your car and all your money. To violate this is to go against all you have been saying that only the teachings of Jesus will you follow

Matthew 5:1-12New King James Version (NKJV)

The Beatitudes

5 And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. 2 Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Um.....Jesus never said in the beatitudes to give everyone your home, all your money, your car, etc. Not even close. You don't know what He taught there, because you're to caught up in Paul's gibber jabber. Oh, and if everyone on this PLANET followed the above beatitudes...the world would be a much more beautiful, peaceful place.
Unfortunately, Christians are so indoctrinated into Paul's doctrine, that they are DIVIDED, JUDGEMENTAL, AND JUST PLAIN IGNORANT.

edit on 5-12-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join