It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paul Invent Christianity?

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So now I've pointed out that you ignore parts of your "preserved word of god(sic)" to suit your own needs, you start with the ad homs?

That's not very Christian of you, is it?

But let's reiterate so EVERYONE can see this.

You, ChesterJohn, believe that the KJV is the "preserved word of god(sic)", Jesus is god and YOU decide that you know better than your god.
edit on 5122016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Actually 2) should read as follows. I believe God's word is true, pure, preserved inspired of God, and it is right in its context to use when it is to be used and to be left when it is to be left.

But why are you trying to get in on this you don't believe the word of God or that there is an Almighty God that you are accountable to for your life?

useless futile endeavor on your part.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Matrix PM me when your are ready to obey and keep the words of Jesus as you claim you do.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

So, in other words, you know better than your god.

You don't have to believe something to know about it Chester. I already stated that. Keep up.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

there are two thing here if you are right and you give then Jesus will give you more.

What makes you think "God" or "Jesus" is not providing for me?? You aren't in my life or world, dude. I could tell you a dozen things that have happened to me in just the month that show GOD LOVES ME.
So, who are YOU to say otherwise or demand that I do something more to prove my faith??
I honestly feel sorry for you. You are so dead set on BEING RIGHT that you can't even ACT like Jesus OR Paul...well, maybe more Paul.. Since he changed his colors like a chameleon.
Let me tell you something....you don't have the market cornered on being good to people, or giving, or anything else, just because you believe the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, word of god.

Nope, you sure don't. Cause there are MANY people out in this world who actually give a flying (insert word) about others, and they don't even read the dang Bible.
You however, (because of Paul's crap) would tell those people that they are destined for hellfire and damnation, because their good hearts, and good deeds aren't good ENOUGH.
WEll, all I have to say to that is....(fill in the blank).

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Are you willing to follow the teachings of Jesus where he said to give to him that asketh?

What's your motive there, Chester? It's not out of need...it's out of spite. It's also because you are backed in a corner and can't defend Paul logically. You are totally stuck, aren't you?
So, what did I say about 30 pages back? Christians have two responses to being challenged about Paul...
Fight or flight.

So, you want my house, my belongings, and whatever else? Seriously?
Dude, you don't know Jesus....you really, really, don't.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

So, you pick and choose what your god says as relevant or not? I thought the kjv bible was the "preserved word of god(sic)". And aren't jesus' teachings in said bible? That means you're a hypocrite.

It doesn't matter if I believe or not. I can be knowledgable about a number of things I don't believe in. Like Santa, the Easter bunny, fairies or any number of things.

You are sounding like the pharisees. You are inquiring in an attempt to trap someone in their word. I do believe Christians need to critically analyze their understanding though so it seems necessary.
edit on 5-12-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I didn't have to trap anyone in their word. Chester done it all by himself.

He believes that Jesus is god, the KJV is the "preserved word of god(sic)", yet doesn't believe Jesus. That means he doesn't believe God as he believes god and Jesus are the same.

Simple 1+1=2. No need for me to trap anyone.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I didn't have to trap anyone in their word. Chester done it all by himself.

He believes that Jesus is god, the KJV is the "preserved word of god(sic)", yet doesn't believe Jesus. That means he doesn't believe God as he believes god and Jesus are the same.

Simple 1+1=2. No need for me to trap anyone.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: TerryDon79

Actually 2) should read as follows. I believe God's word is true, pure, preserved inspired of God, and it is right in its context to use when it is to be used and to be left when it is to be left.

But why are you trying to get in on this you don't believe the word of God or that there is an Almighty God that you are accountable to for your life?

useless futile endeavor on your part.

It's not a useless endeavor...he's just calling you out on your BS.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

I didn't do anything to deserve thanks. I merely pointed out his hypocrisy as it was irking me a bit.

I'll leave everyone to the thread now.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Matrix PM me when your are ready to obey and keep the words of Jesus as you claim you do.

Ok...what exactly do you want?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I didn't do anything to deserve thanks. I merely pointed out his hypocrisy as it was irking me a bit.

I'll leave everyone to the thread now.

Yea...you did. And I will say it again...thanks. I get "irked".

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I already asked you earlier what I wanted. Go back and read the posts again.

It is a simple matter only of you steeping out in faith for what you believe to be true.

There is no hypocrisy as terry thinks he exposed. You know exactly what I have been saying and believe. Terry is not a believer but an Atheist or an agnostic at best. His claims of my belief are not true as I stated throughout this thread. I believe all the words of God, but under the instruction to rightly divide the word of truth, I also know not all of it is for me today.

I believe deeply in Jesus Christ for my salvation and my righteousness. Terry makes judgements on things he himself has not part in. He has not quoited me faithfully, but if he will go back and read this thread he will see that ALL teachings of Jesus that agree with Paul are those that Jesus inspired to him for the establishment of the church he started, are what I believe and that my faith is in Christ Jesus of whom I have a deep relationship with.

However, you fit nicely into terrys pick and choose claim. You reject all of Paul's letters, and have chosen to follow only the words of Jesus, that is a pick and choose belief system.

So I have put that to the test you have yet to go forward and prove your faith and what you believe by keeping Jesus teachings as you claim.

Until you step out and keep his words those watching will see that you are not being forthcoming about what you believe and teach.
edit on 6-12-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Have you ever heard of a thing called religious freedom?

Well it exists so people like you don't take power and insitute a theocracy based on fanatical views on religion.

Because in times past people weren't allowed to decide what to believe, the term you use is used by many Christian cults, "cherry pick" and it is meaningless.

Everyone does that because we have the right, given by God, to decide what makes sense and while some will always willingly accept the yoke of dogmatic indoctrination, a great deal of us don't see cherry picking as you do.

To us it is an analysis of content and conclusion based on the divine faculties given us by God.

You see it as doing whatever we want and think that is just the worst thing because you are married to your philosophy of doing what your pastor says that the Bible says to do and telling yourself it's all your choice.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So instead of quoting the part of my comment that you say is opinion, that I said is from the Bible (and is), even though I said you were just using the word opinion to deflect or am saying, as well as saying that everything you say is an accusation without merit or evidence, opinion, cherry picking, and other nonsense and that when you actually do use the Bible you don't understand the passages you use.

Which is why you are always involved in some sort of anger based seek and destroy mission against anyone who doesn't believe what you do, because you don't understand.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

So, you pick and choose what your god says as relevant or not? I thought the kjv bible was the "preserved word of god(sic)". And aren't jesus' teachings in said bible? That means you're a hypocrite.

It doesn't matter if I believe or not. I can be knowledgable about a number of things I don't believe in. Like Santa, the Easter bunny, fairies or any number of things.

You are sounding like the pharisees. You are inquiring in an attempt to trap someone in their word. I do believe Christians need to critically analyze their understanding though so it seems necessary.

You would not know a Pharisee from a Phoenician.

The Pharisees were actually allies of the Nazarenes, Gamaliel himself stood up in front of the Sanhedrin and said leave them alone, they are not bothering anyone and will fizzle out if they are not right about Jesus.

Nicodemus was another Pharisee on the Sanhedrin as was Joseph of Arimithea, who were allies with the Nazarenes.

So you show your little understanding of the New Testament when you spew the common spew that the Pharisees were so evil when they weren't.

"You sound like a Pharisee" is not an insult, they were educated Jews and loyal to Israel, the Sadducees were the villains of the story, the High Priest, Herod, etc.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

However, you fit nicely into terrys pick and choose claim. You reject all of Paul's letters, and have chosen to follow only the words of Jesus,
that is a pick and choose belief system

Huh....so only when YOU decide to "use it when it is to be used...and to be left when it is to be left", is alright?
Kinda sounds like cherry picking to me.

I believe deeply in Jesus Christ for my salvation and my righteousness.

No, you are believing deeply in Pauline doctrine. Jesus never said He was imputing His righteousness to anyone. He said that those who loved Him would do what HE said....which would be what the FATHER said through Him. Unlike Paul, who spoke from himself.

"He who does not love Me does not keep MY words; and the WORD which you hear is NOT MINE, but the Father's who sent Me." John 14:24

"If you love Me, you will keep my commandments". John 14:15

"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love." John 15:11

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SethTsaddik

originally posted by: cooperton

You would not know a Pharisee from a Phoenician.

The Pharisees were actually allies of the Nazarenes, Gamaliel himself stood up in front of the Sanhedrin and said leave them alone, they are not bothering anyone and will fizzle out if they are not right about Jesus.

Nicodemus was another Pharisee on the Sanhedrin as was Joseph of Arimithea, who were allies with the Nazarenes.

So you show your little understanding of the New Testament when you spew the common spew that the Pharisees were so evil when they weren't.

"You sound like a Pharisee" is not an insult, they were educated Jews and loyal to Israel, the Sadducees were the villains of the story, the High Priest, Herod, etc.

Dude. Settle down. YOU are the one who is interpreting it in such a way. I said he sounded like a pharisee, which were the people who repeatedly would try to trap Jesus in his word (Matthew 22:15, Mark 12:13). As you see my last sentence expressed my belief that if anything I thought it is helpful for the developing Christian to be tried intellectually.

You are a walking paradox... You condemn others for what you perceive as lack of knowledge, yet you lack the One True knowledge in this universe (Luke 10:42) - the acknowledgement of Jesus Christ as the Savior and fundamental reality of the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You are the one who needs to settle down, I was just sharing some facts about Jesus friendship with Pharisees and the fact that they were not enemies of the Nazarenes so it was not the whole sect of Pharisees he debated with or talked about when he says something about them, not mentioning the possibility of interpolation as it's said that the Nazarenes Gospel spoke of them as allies in the Church fathers writings about that book called Gospel of the Hebrews.

So it's likely propagandistic in our Gospels when the Pharisees are made to be seen as the villain to take the blame off of Rome who sanctioned the crucifixion and was ultimately responsible, like the Gospel of Nicodemus/Acts of Pilate does, seeking to pass the blame to the Jews and especially the Pharisees.

Although like I said the NT has Jesus friends with many Pharisees, I can think of four, and it was the Sadducees who were in charge of the Priesthood and collaborators with Rome and Herod, not the Pharisees.

I just want you and everyone else to learn the truth is all and the Pharisees actually had no part in the crucifixion or authority to, never mind not having the will led by Gamaliel, Nicodemus and other prominent Pharisee friends of Jesus.

And you sounded like you could use a lesson in facts, and sounded ill informed basing your comment on the over blown few anti Pharisaic comments Jesus makes.

The Pharisees didn't kill Jesus, Rome did at the behest of the Sadducees.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join