It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Syx: it looks like there should be a dragon in the picture with that 'castle'.

Goodmorrowmorn all. Sorry I have been neglecting the shed (and ATS in general) for the past few days. But I remembered that today is last day of voting for story contest . . . so get out there and vote peeples. Even if you can't think of a politician to vote for, surely you can vote for story time.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The first fire of the year. A day of celebration and merriment.
I like to make the first fire special a moment of reverence.
My blessed wood stove will provide me with cozy comfort for months to come, so the first time is like welcoming home an old friend.
It is lit with dried sticks and other carefully collected kindling. Very mature logs are added when the flames are hot and white.

Please join me who ever wishes a little warmth.
The "perfume" is intoxicating, and the sound of heat rushing up the chimney invigorating.
I did it again, one more year, one more circle beginning, or is it ending?
Knowing what lies ahead I relish the ease of these first few weeks. The house is stacked with wood, there is plenty outside for the season, so I won't worry about shoveling paths, frozen fingers and grueling hauls.
All is good now.

So I had to start a fire today, not that is that cold, but half of my windows are out because I am painting them, so when it dips down to 40 it gets chilly.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Gordi would you care to share. I am famished. Haven't had a proper dram in ages.
Ach, you make a poor lass thirsty, shame on you

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Welcome Home Pinocchio

The Shed has grown.
a reply to: Pinocchio
Happy Day.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Yah A Dragon near that 'castle' would've been neat!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

LOVE That image WIS!!! Very Cool and SO Outta This World!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hello JD!

Wis, awesome images! The fire looks inviting, think I'll pull up a chair and share a drink with you.

Hiya Syx!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You reminded me of my Dad. Once in a while he would call someone a Lass or Lad. My Irish ancestry came from Dad's side of the family. Some Welsh too and Native Indians on his and Mom's side. French and Indian from Mom's side.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I'll hang a little longer by the fire WIS. Gettin' more sore by the minute here though so will be retiring to My lazy Boy soon! Very, if the pace remains the same, or quickens...

(Love that fireplace room image too!!)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wow, interesting find tonight. Tommy Shaw with an orchestra. Awesome vocals!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

well i guess i so have to work on my room then so we can have some nice little fires together...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

i so love that fire nice and cozy..syx needs to get some fire wood so we can have some fires going on in my room.....

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

I'll bring in some wood. There is at least enough for a few fires now out there.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That was pretty cool! Nice find!! Thanx for the share too!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

well maybe not..so we need to get to garys and get some wood...so you can chop some up..lol..and then we can enjoy the fire..i would like to have it going as much as we can..just in case the heater dont work...its going to get cold in the winter..

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I gotta go do something, then get layed out in My chair.
Hope You all have a great evening/day! G'Night...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Continued from page 138

They could hear the incessant and mournful cries of the wolves in the distance. Trista looked up to the crow that had transformed into its current form of a white owl. "What have you seen? What do you know owl?" He puffed out his chest and spread his wings preparing for flight. "They have come through the portal from there." He pointed a wing toward a stately mansion up ahead and flew into the night. Leaf could see the girl wasn't pleased and needed more information, but just wished the girl would go away. "There are portals all over the place in this realm. You must realize that when one opens a portal...things can come through... things that shouldn't.

"But what are they and why do they stay? Tell me!" She pleaded with the Autumn Queen for answers she feared she wouldn't find. Not from her anyway. Leaf sighed. "I never asked. I don't know and I don't want to. I watch the woodlands and guide the faeries who paint the Autumn leaves. They must be the right shade you see. I bring the cool winds and when the time is right, I make sure the harvest is ready with bright red apples, pumpkins of every size and other foods. What do I know of these strange entities that haunt the mansion and surrounding area? I know nothing. Now leave me be." A gust of wind picked up making some of the leaves fall and swirl to the ground below. Trista shivered. The cries of the wolves were ever closer now and Leaf had disappeared.

She looked around, but there was no Autumn Queen to be seen anywhere. There was no big beautiful white owl, only herself alone and heading toward an eerie mansion. It was so dark she could hardly see. The poor girl jumped at the crackling of twigs and dried leaves, not knowing who or what was making the sounds nearby. She took a deep breath to steady her nerves and wished she would have taken someone with her on this dark journey, on this dark night.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I didn't say Goodnight To Syx and CC. Sorry guys, first I was lost in music land and then storyland.

What the hell happened to the night shift???????? If you guys leave me alone in here I'll bombard you with music vids or stories or both or...Hmmm, what kind of havoc can I wreak in here?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Music for a lonely shed. Love his voice and this song!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
OMG, love this song and Greg Lake's voice is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join