It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Wow! That pic is quite impressive!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

You two are Quad Cities then! Not too far from my neck of the woods. I'm up in the middle of cornfields in the Land of Lakes.

That pic is...wow. Is that a funnel cloud or was there actually a tornado?

ETA: SHould have continued reading - so it was a tornado then!
I'm glad you guys are ok. That thing looks mean!
edit on 10-7-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: To fix my reading comprehension...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So many mentions of "Roanoke" today!

I'd actually never heard of it before hearing this....

and the excellent Darius Rucker cover of it!

So, now I know!

G

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well done, Syx! What will happen next?!?
Why are the visitors armed?! Is a great quest in the making?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Feeling much better now after a few...

OMG it's 7% ABV!!!!! This may not last very long!!! LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

yes we are and so proud of it...i so love this area i will never move away from it again...it so does look mean..i also hears alot of trees where down as well..plus some with out power...did i already say all this as it sounds like i did..

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thanx about My Story entry!
And I also Like that Pumpkin carved Dragon/Castle! Pretty cool!!

Yep Quad Cities is correct! Just next to Moline, in Coal Valley actually, but close enough to be called a Quad Citian!

Armed? Oh!! LOL! Those 'visitors' are from the Orion Star System. They have four arms and stand 15 feet tall, have blue/grey skin, and wolven looking snout faces... Razor the Male was banished from His 'Hometown' for killing. He was turned into a statue of stone, until being released from anyone who read a spell/breaking poem, on the base of His statue which was inside a pyramid...

The Female, Mawn, was brought here to Accasia through a portal, that had just appeared near Her close enough to suck Her right into it!! She ended up here inside the same HUGE pyramid where Razor was, that was uncovered by a race of tiny aliens, in spaceships, that used lazers to burn away the fallen trees and brush that covered the pyramid!!

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
"Roanoke" are You serious?! I just saw that name on a car in front of Us not even a half hour ago!! Talk about Synchronicity!!! LMAO!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hey Jess?! Isn't Roanoke in Virginia, or maybe West Virginia? Seems that I saw or heard that somewhere before...?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

"Roanoke" are You serious?! I just saw that name on a car in front of Us not even a half hour ago!! Talk about Synchronicity!!! LMAO!!!

Are you following me???? That's my bumper sticker!!! LOL

Read back.... everyone else has mentioned it!!! HONEST!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Virginia it's a stop along I-81. Beautiful town!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here's an article about the Storm here yesterday/last night. They aren't sure if there was actually a tornado on the ground or what I guess!? But some damage is evident, from this clip... Will post a pic also of Jumers Castle lodge, (Not really a castle but inside it was all decked out with lots of wrought iron sconces, suits of armor, coats of arms, etc... that is in process of getting torn down anyway, but took some storm damage last night...
Here is the short article that accompanied the photo of The Lodge...

There was an estimated 20,000 MidAmerican Energy customers left without power as the storms rolled by. Crews worked overnight to get power back on, everything should be restored by noon today.
Parts of the QC were under a tornado warning late into last night. The National Weather service will have crews in the area today to figure out if a tornado actually touched down.
Here’s footage of some damage left by the storms on Tanglefoot Lane in Bettendorf. Make sure to take note of the transformer that caught on fire.

Read More: Severe Storms Rip Through the Quad Cities Causing Damage and Power Outages |ACTUAL PAGE OF STORY HERE

edit on 7-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
@nightstar...

I dont stop by often enough....
So.... let me get this started right.

Happy christmas.
Happy new years.
Happy birthday.
Happy anniversary.
Happy Halloween.
Happy mothers day.
Happy valentines day.
Happy fourth of july.
Happy thanksgiving.
Happy good times.
Happy three kings day.
Happy easter.
Happy spring.
Happy autum.
Happy burr season.
Happy summer solstice.
Happy new moon.
Happy lots for you.

edit on 7-10-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

My memory sucks. I thought I had done a pretty good read back, but maybe not?! WTF Syx?!?!? Losin it Man...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thanx Jess. I was right on My first guess then... Gee I'm surprised I remembered that!? Well if I found that out a long time ago, then yah I can remember. Seems My short term memory is going bad on Me. Some long term stuff too, but, well, ummm , oh hell! It's ALL going bad!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Yep Quad Cities is correct! Just next to Moline, in Coal Valley actually, but close enough to be called a Quad Citian!

Armed? Oh!! LOL! Those 'visitors' are from the Orion Star System. They have four arms and stand 15 feet tall, have blue/grey skin, and wolven looking snout faces... Razor the Male was banished from His 'Hometown' for killing. He was turned into a statue of stone, until being released from anyone who read a spell/breaking poem, on the base of His statue which was inside a pyramid...

The Female, Mawn, was brought here to Accasia through a portal, that had just appeared near Her close enough to suck Her right into it!! She ended up here inside the same HUGE pyramid where Razor was, that was uncovered by a race of tiny aliens, in spaceships, that used lazers to burn away the fallen trees and brush that covered the pyramid!!

[PrairieShepherd facepalms himself]
D'oh! Arms, not arms! HA! Clearly I misunderstood a couple details. Perhaps I should go back and read them again!!!
Where is the ":IcanBeAnUnobservantMoron" emoji?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Forgot to reply to this one, kaelci! Good writing!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Continued from page 136...

He was taken quite by surprise when the woman from the stable glided through the door. Of course, it made sense in retrospect, and he was slightly ashamed he did not draw the logical conclusion as soon as Macosai had given him the order.

Nevertheless, the woman who walked through the door made the nightmare of watching a child at play absurd. Lady Siere Meron must have been nearly his age, although beyond “adult” he had a hard time putting an age to her. Her face was delicate, with porcelain skin and the darkest eyes Gaalen had ever seen, framed by straight chestnut-brown hair that, now freed from its leather binder, fell softly past her shoulders. She had a serious, business-like expression on her face, much as she had in the stable, and carried herself confidently, even regally. However, unlike before she did not appear at all disheveled or tired, and her clothes bore no travel wear. He wondered when she possibly had time to freshen up – he hadn’t been here that long.

Lady Macosai and Gaalen both stood and touched two fingers to their foreheads in respect. Gaalen waited for Lady Macosai to take the lead.
“Lady Meron, it is my pleasure.”

“Lady Macosai,” she replied, offering her hand, “My mother sends her well wishes, and has asked me to convey that you are always welcome at Maarke Lithelwait. It has been too long,” she smiled warmly at her, lighting up her face.

“My duties here keep me in this very room most of my days, but I admit it would be good to see Maarke Lithelwait again. You, my dear girl, are the very image of your mother. I daresay if you stood next to her portrait I would not be able to tell you apart.” She shook her head slightly, then motioned to Gaalen. “May I present Lord Captain Braeghe?”

“Lord Braeghe? Of Braeghe Maarke?” she inquired, turning steady eyes on Gaalen. She did not even glance at his kir.

“The very same, my Lady,” he answered, lowering his head to her. The daughter of even a powerful Easthold Lady was not his equal – at least, not unless she inherited her mother’s Hold – but the woman had an air of authority and elegance about her, and Gaalen did not see the harm in being cordial. Nevertheless, when he raised his head she had arched one eyebrow at him, and a corner of her mouth had turned up in a small, quirky smile.

“It is an honor, my lord,” she said, much to Gaalen’s surprise. “Your father was a great man, Lord Captain,” she continued seriously, “House Meron was grieved to hear of his passing.”

Gaalen was stunned into silence. He recovered quickly, pulling his jaw back up. “I…ah…” he stammered, “Thank you, my Lady.” Gaalen lowered his eyes, embarrassed. Who is this woman? How does she know Father?

“Lord Hyn Braeghe was a man of uncommon virtue,” intervened Lady Macosai, “Fortunately for Avalae, Lord Gaalen shares both his father’s mettle and his mother’s wit,” she finished with a smile.

“You give me too much honor, my Lady,” Gaalen said softly. He did not like to be compared to his father. Lord Hyn’s legacy was…complicated.

“Not at all,” Lady Macosai countered, “but that is a discussion for another time. Please, my Lady, Lord Captain, let us take our ease.”

“Thank you, Lady Captain Commander,” Lady Meron responded.

The grace with which Lady Meron moved as she took one of the other seats in front of Lady Macosai’s table surprised Gaalen. He found himself comparing her movements to the Princess. The Princess has more elegance and grace than any two women you know.

“I understand you are to study at the Temple, my Lady,” Lady Macosai began. “Do you hope to become a Seeress of Aavelae, then?”

It seemed to Gaalen that ice filled Lady Meron’s dark eyes, but her face remained as unreadable as when she walked in. It was gone as fast as it came, leaving Gaalen to wonder if he was imagining things.

“I fear you have been misinformed, Lady Macosai,” she began slowly, “I already hold the rank of Seeress.”

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Waves at everyone!

It's been quite a while Pinnochio, nice to see you!

Wow, Syx, scary storm pic!

Shep, some amazing writing there! Good story!!!!

Had fun today with my friend Diane. Tomorrow I should be heading out by noon with my friend Linda to go to the Autumnfest. I have to find my purple floral cane. I don't usually use it, but I don't know how much walking I'll be doing before I can find a wall or bench to sit on when I need to.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Loved Your Story addition Shep!! Nice Job!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I know right, about that image!! Scary stuff are tornadoes! Have fun tomorrow!

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join