It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodyguard for Michael Moore Arrested on Gun Charges

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

You have had too for years it didnt have jack to do with the movie.

Im Sorry but walmart was selling gun and ammo to young adults.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but didnt they bring in an ADULT to purchase the gun to give to the kid?
Am I not someone? I am pretty sure they where under 21 and maybe even under18. Every state has diffrent laws on this.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If some 14 year old kid buys a gun from walmart, its not the gun companies fault, its not the NRA's its that individual walmart for not making sure their employees are doing their jobs right. You cant purchase BBs at walmart without ID anymore, and the paperwork I went through to get my last rifle took about a half hour of phone calls and a NCIC check via the State Police, so dont make it out like anybody can walk right in and buy a gun; store managers walk you to the door while they carry the gun, so breach of proceedure is not the fault of anybody but the morons who dont follow it.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
[Am I not someone? I am pretty sure they where under 21 and maybe even under18. Every state has diffrent laws on this.

Wrong. It was MM buying Ammo and editting out showing his ID

Heres the link

www.bowlingfortruth.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I mean if your right your right, how about getting the srcript of the movie online, instead of some web-site that is clearly ANTI-MM.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Cobra

Give me a link showing a kid going in and buying Ammo without showing ID.

I own dozens of guns and you have to show ID at walmart to buy Ammo much less a Gun.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Cobra

Give me a link showing a kid going in and buying Ammo without showing ID.

I own dozens of guns and you have to show ID at walmart to buy Ammo much less a Gun.

I can not, we can do this. We both can rent the movie over the weekend, watch it then come back to it monday and decide what we come up with?

Fair?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I can not, we can do this. We both can rent the movie over the weekend, watch it then come back to it monday and decide what we come up with?

Fair?

Tell me how it turns out, I will wait for it to come out on cable myself.

Trust me a 14 yearold cannot walk into a store and buy ammo.

And the wal mart was in Canada, not the USA

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Fair?

Tell me how it turns out, I will wait for it to come out on cable myself.

Trust me a 14 yearold cannot walk into a store and buy ammo.

And the wal mart was in Canada, not the USA

I agree with the 14 year old, I NEVER said 14 NEVER.

Thanks for clearing up the canada thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, the kid that had the bullets still lodged in him asked for the ammo, and as he was being given it, he said, I'm only 17 though (not sure of the age)..the salesman (also a kid) just shrugged and gave it to him anyway. Now that 's not to say he went to the cash and paid for it.

Anyway, this is way off topic....back to that.

FACTS:

-This guy got arrested for carrying an unlisenced gun.
-He works for a security firm that Micheal Moore has used on several occasions.
- He was not working for Michael Moore at the time of the arrest.

I fail to see how his arrest has anything to do with Mr. Moore.

If you own a company, and you hire a temp employee for a week, then a few weeks later, that employee gets arrested for something. Is that in any way your fault?

C'mon. The Michael Moore bashers on here are really streaching to find fault don't you think?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
They suck, completely.
From when I was a member, they've become a distinctly different &political animal.

Centurion, you're coming off rather plebian.....are you Edsinger with a new ID?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OH NO!!!! Not another Edsinger!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Michael Moore should probably keep his bodyguard full time. God knows he alienated and angered a good portion of Americans by making all gun owners seem like nuts. Those of us who are responsible gun owners have every right to be very angry with michael moore and we have every right to attribute the actions of the people he surrounds himself with to him. He did it to us.
On the Wal Mart thing, no way could you buy ammo at wal mart without flashing ID. They won't sell paintballs without ID these days, let alone rounds for a gun.
On a related note I find it funny that hard core libs, the ones talking about a civil war because bush won are so quick to defend Michael Moore. I'd like to see you win a civil war with the one shot low caliber rifles you'll be left with if people like him have their way.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

That is TOO COOL

I guess personal protection should only be allowed for those who can afford to hire it.

No responses yet from the liberals on this one. Guess they're taking Friday off.

Probably suffering from PISS, that's Post-Inauguration Stress Syndrome

[edit on 1/21/2005 by centurion1211]

Way I look at it, it's far better to suffer from such a childishly named "Disease" Than good old 'Head is stuck up ass' syndrome. But I suppose to each their own.

I'd like to know more about the situation, like:

1. Was Mr. Moore aware of this problem? and if no, why is he even being mentioned in the story?

2. What was the nature of the infraction?

Thanks in advance!

Peace.

Okay, let me be more clear about what I mean here...

I meant the question in the capacity of: Why is it a crime, because he produced two licenses for the handgun, one of which is from the state he is a citizen of. And it's a Handgun. It's not like Michael moore himself was found waving a fully-automatic AK-74 with armor-piercing bullets and a 60-round banana clip around in the airport terminal.

I for one don't see what all the ruckus is about. It should have been handled professionally, and quietly. All things considered, it wasn't as big of an infraction as this "Reputable and Unbiased news source" makes it out to be.

[edit on 1-21-2005 by Loki]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just a little reminder to play nice now.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Uh, MM doesn't say guns are evil all guns use evil mind powers to make people commit crimes, he just said that people don't need freaking Uzis or missle launchers. I agree. But he is a NRA member and gun owner. He never says ban all guns, just that a shotgun to hunt an animal is different then a AK-47 with armor piercing bullets. If you watch BFC you see he never says all guns bad and need to be banned. Only republicans who worship the ground Ann Coulter slithers on think he says this. How about, IDK, WATCHING THE MOVIE! He owns guns himself, he never said he didn't or that all guns are evil and need to be destroyed. WATCH THE MOVIE! Hell, I am ok by him, I own hunting weapons and self protection weapons. But I don't own Ak-47s or a missle launcher or a .50 caliber anti tank gun. I could if I had 9,000 dollars and went to the gun show, but I don't, so I don't.

Watch the damn movie and learn, don't go to MMMustDie.com to learn about his movies, watch them!

Edited Part. BTW, on topic, he wasn't even working for MM at the time of the arrest. WTF? Newsmax needs a good smack upside the head. Fine, according to them, the company that Ted Bundy was working for is responsible for his action. Same with Charles Manson and Jeffery Lionel Dahmer. What? So they may not have been working for them at the time, but still thier fault cause those people use to work for this guy or that guy.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by astral_ice
Michael Moore should probably keep his bodyguard full time. God knows he alienated and angered a good portion of Americans by making all gun owners seem like nuts. Those of us who are responsible gun owners have every right to be very angry with michael moore and we have every right to attribute the actions of the people he surrounds himself with to him. He did it to us.
On the Wal Mart thing, no way could you buy ammo at wal mart without flashing ID. They won't sell paintballs without ID these days, let alone rounds for a gun.
On a related note I find it funny that hard core libs, the ones talking about a civil war because bush won are so quick to defend Michael Moore. I'd like to see you win a civil war with the one shot low caliber rifles you'll be left with if people like him have their way.

Ummm, if the shoe fits.... 'Nut' adequately describes a person who would go out and shoot someone else because of something they said. Would you call that 'responsible gun ownership'? Me and most of America would call that 'homicidal maniac'....

I think that you are making the case for gun control just fine on your own--you don't need the help of a liberal like me.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
No joke, right?

Well said.

"Gun control is crazy, you need to stfu! *shoots*"

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
He never says ban all guns, just that a shotgun to hunt an animal is different then a AK-47 with armor piercing bullets.

Almost any hunting rifle will pierce body armor. The biggest con going around is that the second amendment is to protect hunting rifles, but that is a topic for any of a dozen other threads

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
True Amuk, but a single shot rifle, though can pierce, is a hell of alot dif. from a AK-47 or Uzi with armor piercing bullets. I get one shot off, then dead. But with the other two can mow down the cops and keep on shooting. Why gangs like them. Of course, can't base gun laws on criminals, for they won't follow a gun law, for they are criminals, and the whole point of being a criminal is to break the law.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just a comment from the side-line here (addressed to the topic, not any members). There is a big difference between someone who is a Bodyguard of profession and just any crazy on the street to have a gun, don`t you think? Don`t let the "like Moore"/"don`t like Moore" thing blind you. I don`t think everybody should automatically have a right to carry a gun. A right to carry a gun should be earned somehow. I think beeing a bodyguard should give you the right to carry a gun. Opening a bank-account should not. You guys know more about Moore than I do, but the idea of all the crazy people with a gun sounds crazy to me...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join