It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodyguard for Michael Moore Arrested on Gun Charges

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
WHAT THE F**K?!

If he's going to be having armed guards he should have their stuff registered! Boy is his face red!!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
For the Second amendment arguments

here we go

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I was merely pointing out that a kid cant walk into Wal Mart and buy a Gun. I didnt even say MM said it someone else did.

Amuk
I think you should start all over in this thread and reread what was posted.
Let me ask this, is a 17 year old a kid? The walmart was in the US, and a 17 year old was able to buy stuff. They Went to Canada to ask about locked doors.

Great Post James, that is all I was was tring to say, and I even think I did say some of it.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
[ The walmart was in the US, and a 17 year old was able to buy stuff.

We have been over this several times it was ammo and the walmart was in CANADA

here is the quote

quote:

Bowling shows Moore casually buying ammunition at an Ontario Walmart. He asks us to "look at what I, a foreign citizen, was able to do at a local Canadian Wal-Mart." He buys several boxes of ammunition without a question being raised. "That's right. I could buy as much ammunition as I wanted, in Canada."

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Ok, ASE, I respect you and all, but the gun was licensed, just not in that state. And the BG should be embarressed, not Moore. The BG wasn't even working for Moore. It is like you pay a kid to mow your yard in the summer. Then inthe winter the kid goes out and kills people. Should you be blamed for his actions? He wasn't working for you, but he had in the past.

Also, why is his face red? Moore never said guns bad. Just some, like Uzis and .50 calibers aren't needed.

And true Amuk, it isn't for hunting, but a way to fight the gov. when needed. But by arms you could include nukes, which Moore asks about.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

[ The walmart was in the US, and a 17 year old was able to buy stuff.

We have been over this several times it was ammo and the walmart was in CANADA

WRONG it was a KMART and it was in CO.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
See my edited Quote YOU said the purchase was at walmart. the purchase made in walmart was for ammo and it was in canada

quote:

Bowling shows Moore casually buying ammunition at an Ontario Walmart. He asks us to "look at what I, a foreign citizen, was able to do at a local Canadian Wal-Mart." He buys several boxes of ammunition without a question being raised. "That's right. I could buy as much ammunition as I wanted, in Canada."

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

When I seen the movie I seen this, He wasnt saing guns are bad, he was saing stores selling guns to kids was bad.

Which company sells guns to kids? Name me a store a 14 yearold can walk into and buy a gun.

I think it was Walmart.

This is what I said, I said I think. I THINK, everything I said I was open to it being not all the way right. YOU only read what you want.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
www.bowlingfortruth.com...
www.haro-online.com...

However, there are other parts of the film that show just how much of a media whore Moore can become. The aforementioned Clark interview feels pointless. Clark of course refuses to talk, but he really should have no reason to comment. The most potent example of Moore at his best (worst) is when he brings two Columbine survivors with bullets still in their bodies to the Kmart corporate headquarters, asking for refunds on the bullets (they were bought at Kmart). He is extremely effective in using the media to get his point across, to the point of shaming this large corporation into submission. Yes, Moore is good at what he does, but at times there is little to separate the media he demonizes with the way he portrays his ideas.

www.bozzysworld.com...
So, what do they do? They go to their nearest KMart and buy EVERY peice of ammunition (clean them out) and bring it back to KMart's headquarters, this time with the press. I won't say anymore, but you all probably heard this on the news, then again maybe not, since there is is no violence in this story. Long story short, KMart no longer sells ammunition.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
OH NO!!!! Not another Edsinger!!!!

Hey! Just hold on a minute here!

Just what do you have against Edsinger?

He just doesn't like people the doesn't like the United States and freedom that's all!

Lighten up and get a life!

And stop attacking the NRA!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I mean if your right your right,

Amuk, I was willing to say I was wrong if the facts showed I was wrong.

Can you not ge me the same respect?

Just leave the thead when its not working for you?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I mean if your right your right,

Amuk, I was willing to say I was wrong if the facts showed I was wrong.

Can you not ge me the same respect?

Just leave the thead when its not working for you?

What facts are you trying to get at? That they sold ammo at Kmart? I guess they did I never bought none there so I will take his word for it. I STILL didnt see where an underage kid bought ammo or a gun at wal-mart OR Kmart and if they did they did it illegally and the stores should be punished for illegal sales.With a very few exceptions IT IS Illegal to sell guns or ammo without ID in America.

I am not dodging anything I just dont really understand the point you are trying to make maybe I am just dense

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Amuk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join