It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today some things happened

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm short, have big brown eyes, smile a lot and I cry when I pet new dogs. It seems like it's natural for (mostly) men to immediately give me some type of attention. I get asked for my number, cat-called, flirted with.. No complaints here because there's nothing to complain about with any of this behavior. I think it's all pretty normal for a girl to experience. Even some girls (younger in age, but taller than me) tend to call me "cute" "tiny" and such.

*Men are not pigs.

**I don't have a very strong, commanding personality.

The problems comes with the following (today):

Using my head or shoulder as an arm rest... I want to rip your arm off now, thank you.

Assuming I cannot carry anything heavier than a gallon of milk. Did I ask you for a hand? No? Can a rip that one off?

Hugging me. Suddenly. When did it become OK to randomly hold onto someone 1) you don't know that well 2) who did not invite you to smother them or 3) wants to rip your arms off?

Threatening me when I'm upset.
???? You're going to "hurt" me if you see me looking upset again?!?2rwegjwrgwrglrg

Asking me if I have my period.. then telling me how gross periods are. While making vomit noises. GO F*CK YOURSELF!!!

Telling me it's ok that I don't know a lot about a topic because I'm small, cute and can get away with being stupid. My eyes are up to your chin, so ripping your throat out...

This isn't some crazy-feminist (no issue with feminism) rant. This is just sh*t that happened today that drives me crazy and I feel like it's because I'm a small female. I don't want this type of sh*t to happen. I openly tell people to leave me alone, politely or however I need to say it to get my point across. I don't laugh it off after a certain line has been crossed.

I don't complain so much but I needed to just rant about this a little bit tonight. Too much has gone on recently, with 4 deaths in the family and other problems popping up around every corner. This hasn't been a particularly hard day or anything, but a couple of things happened that made me want to rant a little bit about it.. I went to work, was annoyed, got home, that was that. These aren't the worst things I've had happen to me.. Like I said, I just felt like ranting about them tonight.

It's just one of those days,

edit:
this is honestly just a short meaningless rant that i needed to get out before the day was through. don't take offense to anything i've said.

edit: changed the title of my post since it's bothering people.

** my bad mood was mainly because i've had 4 deaths in the family this year, the most recently my grandma a couple of days ago. the way i was expressing myself was by keeping to myself instead of chattering away with everyone like i would normally do at work.

edit on 6-9-2016 by oblivvious because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2016 by oblivvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
How many arms do you have in that box in the closet?

edit on 6-9-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Sorry, some men suck. Even I do at times, and my flaws will affect any gender around me. I try not to let it be aimed at one or the other. Anyways there is good news, the sh###y ones make the gem a gem because you saw what else is out there.

Keep it classy girl, and the negatives are what make the find of a life time just that.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Chin up, Oblivvious.

Sounds like you had a sh*tty day.

Here's to an improvement

Ignore the misogynists that are likely to flock.
We have a few here.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Use your head or shoulders as an armrest?? Whaaaaaaaaa.......??Asking about your period???

Granted, I often offer to carry things for women myself, just an old school ingrained habit of mine, but the rest of those things seem way over the top.

Seek better guys to hang around is all I can offer. Good luck to you.

Classic rant, btw

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I need a walk-in closet with all those display cases...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: oblivvious

I get it. I've been there too. On top of that, I used to be a blonde, and there are people that actually seem to believe those dumb blonde jokes.
Being the rebellious type, I wanted to keep my natural blonde hair for as long as I could, even having to listen to the not so funny jokes about "dumb blondes"

When I finally dyed my hair dark reddish when grey started coming in, people started to treat me different.
People are weird.

Totally understand your rant....

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious
It seems like it's natural for (mostly) men to immediately give me some type of attention. I get asked for my number, cat-called, flirted with..

Are you...new to men?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

So, is this something you've encountered a lot? My wife has a thing against people picking her up, as she's 4'10", but that's more something that would happen with drunk 18-22 year olds in her younger days. She's tough and capable and comes across as such, not afraid to lift, climb counters or get her hands dirty, etc.

She doesn't have any of those problems you mentioned. Again, I don't know if this is something you get a lot of or a single example of a d-bag. I'm sure it's annoying to put up with, or feel the need to have to make a point of your defenses against stuff. It's ridiculous that people can be as stupid as they are sometimes. I have a friend who's 6'7" and for awhile was in the habit of telling new people he met, "no, I don't even like basketball as a sport."

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I've stood there silently pointing at the door before...

It's unfortunately mainly co-workers, acquaintances and also customers that act this way with me.. I don't befriend anyone who acts like this

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Did you read the rest of that part of my rant, or?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

well i'm 21 years old, i get it mainly from the guys around my age, older men don't bother me so much as visit me at work often and make polite small talk, which never bothers me.

i'm just ranting about today, but i know this happens to basically everyone and one point or other based on how they look, if they're male or female, etc hahaha

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Did you read the rest of that part of my rant, or?

I did.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

i've been an armrest for my taller friends for years and years but now I'm 26 and that has stopped

Just some input from a 26 year old short guy

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

thank you for the response, i've heard the dumb blonde jokes to my friends and we all just shake our heads.. so silly

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Jesus, sounds like more issues than I have tissues

Sounds like you need to learn how to communicate, so you you don't need to keep up the passive aggressive show.

Tell your partner the amount of affection you are comfortable with.

As far as complaining about attention, suck it up, you will be old and fat soon, like everyone else.

They will walk past and act distracted vs look at you.

Threats when your upset? Are you getting aggressive when you are "upset"?

My x got "upset" it was code for didn't get her way like a princess and there was hell to pay.

She was a little monster, she would give you a black eye, if she didn't get her way.

If you are upset and crying, then damn, you need to find a successful guy who isn't insecure.stat.

I hear you on the hugging, and clingy stuff, drives me apeshniz.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

then you have your answer

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

then you have your answer

Men are pigs. Don't be so shocked.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm not?

I have a feeling you don't understand what I was saying in that part.

I wasn't calling men pigs either, I was juuuust ranting about today. I also clarified how I don't have any complaints about the part you're quoting me on because it's what basically every single woman goes through.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join