It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today some things happened

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

it's just a rant about today, not me complaining about everything everyday.

by upset i meant my grandma died a few days ago and it's hard for me to focus at work, and at one point i was in tears and just needed a break and was called out for it because i looked "too sad"

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's all about presence. My wife is 5'2" with red hair, about 107 lbs. Nobody would ever attempt to disrespect her. She's tough, and you can tell that when she speaks a single sentence. It's not really size, but attitude.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: oblivvious

Yeah you have a problem with men being men, and using your below-average height as a foil to express their pigheadedness.

I understand just fine.

Have a star and flag on me

edit on 6-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

that's another thing about me, though. i've been called "bubbly" because of my personality. the only time anyone really understands that i'm not a pushover is when they cross a line and i tell them to stop.. i know a lot of women much shorter than me that people wouldn't dare disrespect because their whole aura is strong and says "don't fck with me"

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't have a problem with men being men, as I made clear (but you're ignoring that).

I mentioned my hight because of the armrest complaint... which even females do to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Ok so women tell you how gross periods are and offer to lift/ carry things for you?

I swear some people need to make beeping noises when they back up like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't have a problem with men being men, as I made clear (but you're ignoring that).

I mentioned my hight because of the armrest complaint... which even females do to me.

did you read my response?

do you see how it says "because of the armrest complaint... which even females do to me." ?

do you notice how that's very specific and doesn't have anything to do with any of my other complaints about my day?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I am sorry about your awful day. Sincerely, I am. I go through many.

Just remember to breathe, and tomorrow's a new day, a new chance to assert your direction on the cosmos.

Go for it!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

i'm happy it stopped for you because it's one of the most annoying things ever.. my back isn't strong enough to support 2
hahahahhaa thank you for the response

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious

that's another thing about me, though. i've been called "bubbly" because of my personality. the only time anyone really understands that i'm not a pushover is when they cross a line and i tell them to stop.. i know a lot of women much shorter than me that people wouldn't dare disrespect because their whole aura is strong and says "don't fck with me"

That's kind of it. She has this aura that demands respect. I'm 6', and I don't. There's something about my presence that elicits males to try to dominate me. They can't do it in my writing, but they try physically. That's why I hate them, mostly. And why I have a concealed carry. It's all about survival.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Perhaps we all can learn a little about the opposite sex if we can gain a little perspective. My girlfriend turned me onto to this and it makes alot of sense and hilarious. Op it may help you out too!

Mens Brains Womens Brains

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Dang, if you are getting threatened for grieving, that is messed up, kick him to the curb.

Pm me if you need backup, I know jiu-jitsu.

Sorry about you G ma, that's not easy, but it'll get better with time.

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: addddddaded to

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious
a reply to: Rikku

I've stood there silently pointing at the door before...

It's unfortunately mainly co-workers, acquaintances and also customers that act this way with me.. I don't befriend anyone who acts like this

Sounds like a lawsuit, I think you have to bring it up with the management, and document. If it doesn't stop, $$$.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I could use a concealed carry.. I've had someone try to get into my car after work, demand to know where I was when I wasn't at work (a stranger to me), etc.

People tend to look at me as if I'm weak and can be easily overtaken. I know I have to stand my ground, have thick skin and protect myself when necessary.

Thanks for the response

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I've had a few people be refused service because of their actions towards me... As for the coworkers, I thankfully rarely work with them so it's far and few between when things like this happen!

hahaha thanks for the response

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You sound a lot like someone I know, with all that jiu-jitsu! hahaha

Thank you

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Bar?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

what ?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Do you work at a bar, thus sounds like the only environment I could see that behavior in.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No.. a local coffee place. These Coworkers are younger than me, though

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join