It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Destroyed the Falcon-9 Rocket /SpaceX/Facebook & Israeli Aerospace Industries

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

It sure is flammable.

Monomethylhydrazine

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired
It says right on this page non flamable, right to the left.
en.wikipedia.org...

Again, THAT is the oxidiser. The reason that's used in conjunction with fuel is because there's pretty much oxygen in space.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
Yes. That is what this means.en.m.wikipedia.org...#/media/File%3AHazard_F.svg" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Flammable
edit on 9/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

It sure is flammable.

Monomethylhydrazine
Not used in space.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know. I was just pointing it out for him, again.

No idea why he keeps linking to the oxidiser though.

link   

MMH is a hydrazine derivative that was once used in the orbital maneuvering system (OMS) and reaction control system (RCS) engines of NASA's Space Shuttle, which used MMH and MON-3 (a mixture of nitrogen tetroxide with approximately 3% nitric oxide).

Since there no longer is a space shuttle, it is no longer used on space shuttles. But it is used on other satellites. Like AMOS.

edit on 9/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
Monomethylhydrazine:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.planetary.org...
www.reddit.com...
edit on 6-9-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

It sure is flammable.

Monomethylhydrazine
Not used in space.

Yeah it is lol.

What do you think they do? Get 2 battery operated fans and point backwards? LOL!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yes. That is what this means.en.m.wikipedia.org...#/media/File%3AHazard_F.svg" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Flammable
Moving the goal posts now huh.
You're funny, lol

I'm done with this nonsense here.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

You're funny, lol

I'm done with this nonsense here.

What goal posts did he move? You're the one who kept linking to the oxidiser saying "it's not flammable" when phage wasn't talking about the oxidiser.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

No. Hydrazine is flammable.

I'm done with this nonsense here
Why?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Did you read the part "resume" he posted?

If you did...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it does say age: 35, doesn't it?
Yea 35 in 1960 whats your point? I already had said i was in my 90's?
I was born in November of 1927 I am 92 years old now, what's your point?

you would be 89. check your slide rule

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

MMH is a hydrazine derivative that was once used in the orbital maneuvering system (OMS) and reaction control system (RCS) engines of NASA's Space Shuttle, which used MMH and MON-3 (a mixture of nitrogen tetroxide with approximately 3% nitric oxide).

Since there no longer is a space shuttle, it is no longer used on space shuttles. But it is used on other satellites. Like AMOS.

The Apollo Lunar Module also used a two-part hypergolic fuel for the ascent engine, although the hypergolic fuel was Aerozine 50 (instead of hydrazine) + nitrogen tetroxide as an oxidizer. Aerozine 50 was self-igniting and would sustain combustion through the use of the nitrogen tetraoxide.

One reason for using such a volatile fuel was the because of the general simplicity that a rocket engine design could have when using such a fuel. Simplicity, and the reliability that can come along with that simplicity, was key in the design of the Lunar Module ascent engine, because it needed to work the first time every time. The use of the hypergolic fuels allowed the engine to not need too many complicated pumps, injectors, and igniters, of which a single failure somewhere along that complicated system could have meant that the astronauts would be stranded on the Moon. In this case the design basically needed to have a couple of relatively simple injecting valves that mixed the fuels when the valves were open, and whoosh.

edit on 2016/9/6 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It sure is flammable.

Monomethylhydrazine
Not used in space.

Yeah it is lol.

What do you think they do? Get 2 battery operated fans and point backwards? LOL!

they don't?

Damned that means my blueprint for my escape pod is useless...

(post by westernstar22 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: westernstar22

Letting up on what?

Of course there could be multiple explosions when the vehicle fails due to the multiple fuel tanks on the vehicle. There is explosive fuel in the satellite payload, explosive fuel in the second stage (the second stage would be up near the payload faring), there would be the main fuel tanks, plus the tanks for the individual RCS thrusters that help keep the atitude of the rocket straight and true as it flies.

Along with all of those thrusters (and associated tanks) required for launch, the first stage of the Falcon 9 also is meant to land so it could be reused. So there are additional thrusters and fuel tanks on the Falcon 9 that slow the craft for landing.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: westernstar22

You're not doing yourself or the topic any good. I think it is the best UFO video I ever saw.

But you came here with the CGI dreck and need to chill, mate.
Phage is an icon around here for a reason.
You're just some clueless noob. Stop.

(And Terry.. and Zeta.. bow in apology, he doesn't speak for me)

edit on 6-9-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: westernstar22
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

it seemed to me that they were responding to Naturallywired's many posts.

Naturallywired seemed to deny that (a) the satellite payload would be carrying explosive fuel, (b) that the paylod is at the top of the rocket (in the payload faring/nose assembly), (c) was incorrect about the order in which things happened (he said the payload dropped and then exploded), and (d) many many more things that he said that were in correct and needed to be responded to.

A lot of incorrect statements that came from a position of ignorance were being bandied about, and that required a lot of responses. Then it seemed (at least it seemed to me) that Naturallywired got upset and started throwing around deliberate untruths that needed to be responded to.

edit on 2016/9/6 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Sep 6 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join