It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting Religion/The World Into Perspective. In One Fell Swoop.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Is that what God does? He helps? Tell me, why didn't God help the innocent people who died for no reason while the others ran free? ..

Okay. Fine. Forget the one offs. How about the countless wars declared in his name? ...

Okay. Fine. Let's skip the random, meaningless murder for a second, shall we? ...

How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus ...

I'm talking about all organised religion. Exclusive groups created to manage control. A dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope. His followers, nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullsh*t to keep their dopamine of ignorance. Addicts. Afraid to believe the truth. That there's no order. There's no power. That all religions are just metastasising mind worms, meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us. All we are to them are paying fanboys of their poorly-written sci-fi franchise.

People think their worship's some key to happiness. That's just how he owns you. I'd be need to be crazy to believe that distortion of reality. He's not a good enough scapegoat for me......

The world in a nutshell....
edit on 31-8-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus ...

Have you read the Bible? Jesus preached unconditional loving kindness, selflessness, humility, patience, etc.

How about the countless wars declared in his name? ... I'm talking about all organised religion. Exclusive groups created to manage control.

Research the "Synagogue of Satan". These hypocritical monsters have perpetuated wars in the name of Christ. Obviously they are not actually Christians because Jesus taught to turn the other cheek to violence. Anyone perpetuating violence is not a true Christian.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Jesus isn't an organized religion.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well, good Lord! Pun intended! lol

Are you in need of a rant or what?

How about a drink to chill out?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Have you read the Bible? Jesus preached unconditional loving kindness, selflessness, humility, patience, etc.

How about the countless wars declared in his name? ... I'm talking about all organised religion. Exclusive groups created to manage control.

Research the "Synagogue of Satan". These hypocritical monsters have perpetuated wars in the name of Christ. Obviously they are not actually Christians because Jesus taught to turn the other cheek to violence. Anyone perpetuating violence is not a true Christian.

The point is the very books themselves are instruments of control. Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote but it seems pretty clear.

What you are stating is that one part is peaceful one part is not, this is not the point. It is a tool overall.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Well, good Lord! Pun intended! lol

Are you in need of a rant or what?

How about a drink to chill out?

This is more of a poetic speech, not anger or rant intended.

I will take the drink however...

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Actually there isn't a phobia in religion, it actually more like evolution support.

Anal sex is not an evolutionary supported, it's an exit hole. Anal sex spreads STDs at a way higher rate.

It's the same logic for premarital sex. Plus, there are tons of science that indicates for a kid, especially boys, need to be raised by a mother and father.

These pillars are in all major religions. How to keep a population safe and healthy.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Jesus isn't an organized religion.

?

Jesus is religion, as religion is jesus and every other religious name you wish to mention. All are in the same bucket.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

A dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope.

Hope is a bad thing?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Shame he didn't practice it.

I'll concede that during the NT Jesus wasn't as bad.

Also, this may depend on specific belief in regards to the relationship Jesus and God have with each other. I.E. are they one and the same vs Jesus strictly being the Son of God. Either way it presents a conundrum (imo).

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Actually there isn't a phobia in religion, it actually more like evolution support.

Anal sex is not an evolutionary supported, it's an exit hole. Anal sex spreads STDs at a way higher rate.

It's the same logic for premarital sex. Plus, there are tons of science that indicates for a kid, especially boys, need to be raised by a mother and father.

These pillars are in all major religions. How to keep a population safe and healthy.

Those same helpful points can be found in a health book written by a credited and tested scientist. Why would any decent minded individual look to a scrappy written book of text that tip toes around all help when scientific books can tell you in detail how to stay healthy.

Your pushing the point of my thread and ignoring the point that religion is a tool.

Then again I would deem you and others replying hear religious.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: BlackProject

A dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope.

Hope is a bad thing?

Yes when the idea of waking up the next day in the same predicament and needing your next fix of hope. It is no different and in the long run, does not help. If you think about it as a tool by those above us, its all about keeping you subdued while they leave all of our lives in squander. Maybe my point is too big of a point to be made here... I do not know.

Hope can be found in friends, family, life in general.....

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You speak the truth as you see it and you'd have to be blind not to agree yes. But many religions believe our reality is a dream no more real than the dreams you have at night. So they don't loose themselves in the darkness nor blame God for the dream. It is what it is.

Yes religion has caused wars but bishops in early Christianity for example came from wealthy families that purchased the positions for power not to spread love.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
You speak the truth as you see it and you'd have to be blind not to agree yes. But many religions believe our reality is a dream no more real than the dreams you have at night. So they don't loose themselves in the darkness nor blame God for the dream. It is what it is.

Yes religion has caused wars but bishops in early Christianity for example came from wealthy families that purchased the positions for power not to spread love.

Indeed there are those that seem to picture religion as a dream like state, however that would still be a design of their 'God' it is still our reality and there tool.

It still bemuses me that people are lost in this tale.

Your last line ...

Yes religion has caused wars but bishops in early Christianity for example came from wealthy families that purchased the positions for power not to spread love. [/qoute]

..is something I have known also, in various religions, again this states again how religion is a tool for the powerful, the rich.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
People have to just accept the sad fact hat God will only show up after the apocalypse.

That’s just existential fact, well not even fact yet, but the fact of faith

One can theoretically receive an inward personal microcosmic inner apocalypse through difficult inner development but that’s rare.

Apocalypse is the resolution of the Ellipse( imperfect world) back to a perfect world, inner and outer

That's the great day of the Lord

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
People have to just accept the sad fact hat God will only show up after the apocalypse.

That’s just existential fact, well not even fact yet, but the fact of faith

One can theoretically receive an inward personal microcosmic inner apocalypse through difficult inner development but that’s rare.

Apocalypse is the resolution of the Ellipse( imperfect world) back to a perfect world, inner and outer

That's the great day of the Lord

Why is it with religious people there is always the showing of God once things have gone to pot. End of world, end to life, end to all things.... Because this is a great excuse for those to keep believing.

Just like the OIL industry. Religion has too much money to loose, to allow people to detach themselves from religion. Religion is within Law and everything that built the modern world. Not because of religion but because of its use as a tool to control.

If the world ended tomorrow, those wishing to control would seek the Bible or any other religious text, why because it would allow that person to control everyone once again. Its a dangerous book, just like all religion. Its the tool to control.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Indeed there are those that seem to picture religion as a dream like state, however that would still be a design of their 'God' it is still our reality and there tool.

Yes you right the Maya (illusion) was created by God as was everything so what is the purpose of it all. Perhaps we can never learn true compassion without experiencing true suffering. So we play through countless lives to experience and understand everything.

The Buddha told his followers not to believe in anyone including himself but to find their own truths. So its possible for you to pierce through the dream (aka enlightenment) so you don't have to believe in books (or tales) to realise a greater truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Yes you right the Maya (illusion) was created by God as was everything so what is the purpose of it all. Perhaps we can never learn true compassion without experiencing true suffering. So we play through countless lives to experience and understand everything.

The Buddha told his followers not to believe in anyone including himself but to find their own truths. So its possible for you to pierce through the dream (aka enlightenment) so you don't have to believe in books (or tales) to realise a greater truth.

Again you are pointing out this continuous suffering, lives lost before we learn. This is wrong. This is not something written by someone or something that cares, this is suffering from day one to eternity. If we was to just point to the Bible, its text determines we was set up to fail from the start. However still, he 'God' loves us. It is nonsense on an insane scale and absolutely barbarically used by the powers that be.

Enlightenment as a whole should be practiced sure as this is basically someone realising what is really going on around them, the world, themselves, life.

However I would never put anyone through the torture of fearing the outcome of not believing in god. As it is known, most of America is God fearing, hence like most places of the world. FEAR is the keyword.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

God gave us all a choice.

For him to have intervened in any of those things you mention would mean for him to take someone's choice away from them.

Do you want a God who lets you live your life or don't you?

It seems to me that your complaint rests more with your fellow human beings who are constantly using their choice to do things that hurt each other.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

God gave us all a choice.

For him to have intervened in any of those things you mention would mean for him to take someone's choice away from them.

Do you want a God who lets you live your life or don't you?

It seems to me that your complaint rests more with your fellow human beings who are constantly using their choice to do things that hurt each other.

The Earth gave you life, a life to choose. No God. or to be more specific, your Mother.

The day you are born, you have every option you wish, (permitting luck of the draw) and thus you live your life. You do not need to determine your life in the hands of some made up entity because I can tell you, those that run our lives love that.

I do not complain here, I am wishing to point out the system as a whole. It is true, it is at work, it is happening friend.

The moment people realise that life is precious because of luck to rest on this rock in space the better. We are special because we, are special. No other reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join