It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting Religion/The World Into Perspective. In One Fell Swoop.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What a giant waste of time! Has anyone learned anything from this thread? Altered their own opinion in the very slightest? What's the point of coming on and offering your one sided entrenched opinion if no one is going to bother to listen?

I'm definitely done with pointless threads of this nature. Have fun though.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus ...

Have you read the Bible? Jesus preached unconditional loving kindness, selflessness, humility, patience, etc.

How about the countless wars declared in his name? ... I'm talking about all organised religion. Exclusive groups created to manage control.

Research the "Synagogue of Satan". These hypocritical monsters have perpetuated wars in the name of Christ. Obviously they are not actually Christians because Jesus taught to turn the other cheek to violence. Anyone perpetuating violence is not a true Christian.

Jew Christian Muslim Zevites and Frankists =Synagogue of Satan-Counterfeits basically --very hard to distinguish without divine help of the Holy Spirit

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

originally posted by: cooperton

How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus ...

Have you read the Bible? Jesus preached unconditional loving kindness, selflessness, humility, patience, etc.

How about the countless wars declared in his name? ... I'm talking about all organised religion. Exclusive groups created to manage control.

Research the "Synagogue of Satan". These hypocritical monsters have perpetuated wars in the name of Christ. Obviously they are not actually Christians because Jesus taught to turn the other cheek to violence. Anyone perpetuating violence is not a true Christian.

Jew Christian Muslim Zevites and Frankists =Synagogue of Satan-Counterfeits basically --very hard to distinguish without divine help of the Holy Spirit

Many caught in the trap of dualism (us vs them) thinking destined to war against each other for all time until they transcend it. Calling themselves victims of intolerance while themselves being intolerant against others not daring to question if the faith is poison or pure.

They could reform away from it if they questioned every idea logically and see if the idea is pure or poison.
edit on 1-9-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
What a giant waste of time! Has anyone learned anything from this thread? Altered their own opinion in the very slightest? What's the point of coming on and offering your one sided entrenched opinion if no one is going to bother to listen?

I'm definitely done with pointless threads of this nature. Have fun though.

I certainly hoped that someone would offer a decent reply here myself but there is literally nothing but religious nut jobs spreading there ''divine god, spirit, holy one'' nonsense. Non of them have an ounce of rational thought, its just blind hopes for something they have never ever and will never see.

Madness..... I get tired of offering such useful information sometimes when the result is like this. Just shows that the world is really really really lost....

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: BlackProject

God revealed Himself in His word. Jesus was the incarnation of God. Neither God nor Jesus (the God-man) taught religion. They revealed the path to a personal relationship with God.

Religion is what happens when man gets his greasy finger on God's word. Wars, murder, chaos...that is all man, not God. We are given a collective freedom, and we choose to collectively oppress each other. Again, not God's fault.

Harry potter revealed himself to Dumbledore, doesn't make him real just a fictional character.

Again they are pawns/characters used to build the story the bible demonstrates. Which is to push religion onto others. Most schools in the UK and other countries are bought and paid for by religious cults. Why is this, why is school free for kids to go to. This helps engrain there religious traits onto them, there is no school without religion. That is not even the choice of learning religion, religion must be taught. This should show you how serious it is, start with the kids control a nation. People wrote the Bible, no god no spirit. Hand to paper. It was designed to control. God is an added falsehood.

We oppress each other due to our divide. The FBI created the colours for gangs in america, so they would kill each other so they need not do it. Same thing goes for religious text.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: Taxiarch

This is not about calling religious people nuts, this is about pointing out the very fact that those that follow religion are pawns. Believe it or not.

The overseeing eye on our lives is designed to keep people in check.

Pawns, nuts, I don't see much of a difference to tell the truth. If you believe the corrupt versions of religion to the extent that you let yourself be used as a pawn, you are nuts, if you want to get technical then brainwashed is a better term but that's still nuts. Not to mention that most scientists, atheists even, are pawns in the same corrupt scheme in a different departments and capacity. It's hard NOT to be a pawn in this world.

I was just summarizing the state of the Abrahamic faiths and the problems that got them to this point.

Speaking of which the Sabbateans especially have invaded every religious denomination from the Jesuits to the Freemasons and Fundamental Christianity. They are backwards Torah doers and have wreaked havoc on the world ever since the Zevi Messiah turned Muslim incident in Turkey.

These people don't let a grudge go ever. It took from the time of A. Lincoln to WW1 for them to take revenge on the Czar but they got him, his family and killed them all, took over Russia and birthed Communism and installed Stalin, controlled Stalin.

I thought it was worth a mention.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Taxiarch

You are 100% correct about every religious denomination being infiltrated.

This fact alone I believe is the primary reason why most are so completely out of touch with reality.

I do have to disagree though with your concept of “Abrahamic faiths”.

The term itself is a complete fabrication like so many others that stem from false religion...

‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a distinctly Islamic term that subverts historic Judaism and Christianity, reframes them within an Islamic worldview, asserts Islamic superiority, and thus is the very opposite of its alleged intended usage. ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a loaded term that reinforces the Islamic claim that “Christianity and Judaism are regarded as distorted derivatives of Islam…” and serves the purpose of Islamic da’wa.

The term ‘Abrahamic faiths’ and its cognates is misleading. Reinforcing the term’s misleading nature, Aaron Hughes, in the conclusion of his book-length evaluation of the term Abrahamic Religions, states that it is more an impediment than an expedient to understanding. I trust that I have made the case that the term is, for all intents and purposes, meaningless.”105 Whilst in broad agreement with Hughes, the term ‘Abrahamic Faiths’ is worse than meaningless, because it is literally full of meaning. The term comes from the Qur’an, is a loaded term that serves the agenda of Islamic da’wa while undermining the authenticity of Judaism and Christianity. Therefore, I conclude that ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a term that should be abandoned by scholars except in its original qur’anic signification.

The Myth of the Abrahamic Faiths (PDF)

The concept of “Abrahamic faiths” is a fallacy. Its contemporary influence was, tragically, born out of a century of Christian suffering in the Middle East and foisted upon the unsuspecting West. It is reasonable to ask whether this is a theological Trojan horse designed to promote an Islamic worldview of relations between faiths.

The Abrahamic Fallacy (PDF)

This false idea of there being three Abrahamic faiths is the false belief behind the latest apostasy rising in some churches that is called “Chrislam.” Chrislam is nothing more than preaching a false Christ to kowtow to Islam and shows that the people peddling this false religion want to be friends with the world system. So we see in Islam a whole plethora of things that Abraham would never do. Furthermore, the Quran makes many factual errors about Abraham such as the claim that Abraham worshiped at Mecca [Sura 14:37], but he actually worshiped in Hebron [Genesis 13:18].

Abraham did not believe in salvation by works. Abraham rejoiced to see the day of the Lord Jesus Christ, and he saw it and was glad [John 8:56], but Muslims deny Jesus Christ is the Lord and deny that God has a son. Abraham, as Jesus said, was not into killing people who spoke the truth. Muslims who establish sharia believe in killing those who speak the truth of the gospel. Since Muslims do not display the same faith as Abraham, Islam is not an Abrahamic faith.

They claim the god they worship, Allah, is the same as Jehovah. But just like Jesus told the Jews, “If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham,” [John 8:39-40]. Abraham, as I said before, had faith in God and faith in God’s Son, the Lord Jesus. That is the work that made him righteous before God.

The myth of “three Abrahamic faiths”

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I was just using the term in common usage to describe the three faiths that claim Abraham as a Patriarch and worship the same deity.

Christianity and Islam are basically the same religion except for a few disagreements about Jesus and the acceptance of Mohammed as a Prophet (PBUH).

Judaism is also similar accept they don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah and maintain the Torah as Law.

When you get into Talmud is when Judaism gets Babylonian with rules for sacrificing to Moloch and other disturbing issues that most Christians will never know about because if they can manage to get a Talmud it will be a censored one so you have to find it on the internet or convert to Judaism and reading the Talmud takes years so Christians just won't likely read it.

Abraham is the common feature that all three claim descendancy from and it may be a contrived term but what else should I use there is no more accurate term I can think of else I'd have used it.

But I guess it is a b.s. term but it gets the message accross as the wars in the Middle East involve all three religions and they do worship the same God and share many Prophets.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Is that what God does? He helps? Tell me, why didn't God help the innocent people who died for no reason while the others ran free? ..

Okay. Fine. Forget the one offs. How about the countless wars declared in his name? ...

And those "countless" wars fought in the name of God, could you actually name even one (the point being that the motivation for war is usually a power grab or greed and hardly any war has ever been about religion).

Okay. Fine. Let's skip the random, meaningless murder for a second, shall we? ...

Your'e sure they are God's fault, not the consequence of actions committed of human free will?

Perhaps you could name a conflict where God was an actual combattant? Surely that would really pin the blame on Him.

I'm talking about all organised religion. Exclusive groups created to manage control. A dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope. His followers, nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullsh*t to keep their dopamine of ignorance. Addicts. Afraid to believe the truth. That there's no order. There's no power. That all religions are just metastasising mind worms, meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us. All we are to them are paying fanboys of their poorly-written sci-fi franchise.

People think their worship's some key to happiness. That's just how he owns you. I'd be need to be crazy to believe that distortion of reality. He's not a good enough scapegoat for me......

The world in a nutshell....

I counter claim that it is the ignorant, vilifying, selfish and greedy bigots that are the cause of all humanity's ills, not those attempting to perfect themselves, be peaceful, forgiving, law abiding and improve the lives of others.

I love you religious nuts.

I would have to sit you down for good week to explain the very notion of war and religion as a duo.

I doubt that you could last a week. Your case would deflate in minutes. You seem to know little about history and less about religion.

What is obvious is that you are just parroting something someone else said in a TV show. All emotional and irrational.

Religion is imprinted into law and choices made to dominate the world. It all stems from control and power, those of you who follow religion or find it in anyway helpful show how soft in the mind those that follow it are.

Are you or I "controlled" by religion? You don't seem to be and I'm not. I have done things which are against the dictates of organized religions (even the one to which I ally), things I choose of my own free will. It would appear that your concept of "control" is absent in practice.

And how do you account, then, for religions in society which fundamentally oppose each other? Which one has dominance over you or your community (that embraces a multiplicity of religious beliefs) in reality?

Also, in regard to law, most of the earliest codified law was secular. Sure, there have been some religious systems of law, but they aren't the only ones. Here's a Wikipedia page on Legal History, feel free to educate yourself.

This notion of free will and not Gods doing is absurd. Utterly absurd. It is like putting a child in a room full of sharp objects and saying its the child's fault for hurting itself.

It is a shame that most humans can only open their minds to this point, its saddening for the human race.

Are you suggesting that you don't have free will?

God didn't put us in a room full of sharp objects. In regard to war, they are usually fought with weapons, which we humans have forged. If you want someone to blame for war, you should consider those who have guns, tanks, rockets, bombs and armies.

I'd guess that those equipped for war are those who promote it.

But I suppose some religious nut could come and console you to death.

edit on 1/9/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

God didn't put us in a room full of sharp objects. In regard to war, they are usually fought with weapons, which we humans have forged. If you want someone to blame for war, you should consider those who have guns, tanks, rockets, bombs and armies.

I find it hard to even want to reply to your wall of text. None of it really stands any importance.

Yes free will does not exist, I have stated this before and I will state it again. Everything you do in your life is due to impulses you gain throughout your day. If you think this is not the case, then your ability to understand BASIC human psychology and environmental behaviour effecting our ways then I think our conversation should end there.

You misunderstand me when I mention religion. I said, over and over here that religion is a tool. Does not cause wars but is the reason why wars can easily be implemented. A nation of god fearing people are readily ready to give into their own government telling them they will save them. The weapons you speak of are used by the traitors that instill religion as any kind of peaceful notion.

I think most people these days are way to lost in their own minds. I am pointing out the collections of mind prisons that the world puts everyone under, yet people still determine religion is peaceful and has nothing to do with the many bloody fights and slaughters throughout history.

I am not paid to teach you or stay here and write a very easy to understand history lesson because I prefer to see how people react and respond. So I shall only intervene madness.
edit on 1-9-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes free will does not exist, I have stated this before and I will state it again. Everything you do in your life is due to impulses you gain throughout your day. If you think this is not the case, then your ability to understand BASIC human psychology and environmental behaviour effecting our ways then I think our conversation should end there.

Well aren't you a peach!

So basically, you take no personal responsibility for anything you say or do at all? After all, life made you do it. None of it was done under your own initiative.

I have to know ... Why haven't you murdered anyone yet?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I find it hard to even want to reply to your wall of text. None of it really stands any importance.

You misunderstand me when I mention religion. I said, over and over here that religion is a tool. Does not cause wars but is the reason why wars can easily be implemented. A nation of god fearing people are readily ready to give into their own government telling them they will save them. The weapons you speak of are used by the traitors that instill religion as any kind of peaceful notion.

I think most people these days are way to lost in their own minds. I am pointing out the collections of mind prisons that the world puts everyone under, yet people still determine religion is peaceful and has nothing to do with the many bloody fights and slaughters throughout history.

I am not paid to teach you or stay here and write a very easy to understand history lesson because I prefer to see how people react and respond. So I shall only intervene madness.

No, it's really simple.

People with weapons and armies make war.

People who are not provisioned for war, don't make war.

Also, quantum indeterminacy means that in a mechanistic universe, free will can exist.

It is only from the point of view of a deity outside of temporal restraint that free will evaporates and all is deterministic. Yet I doubt that you believe in a God and so therefore your capability to refute the existence of free will disappears with the disapearence of the possibility of deity.

I'm having fun here, thanks.

edit on 1/9/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

We oppress each other because no two humans are equal and we are arrogant about it. We are all individuals with independent ambitions. This is also the foundation of our free will. The Bolshevik revolution has proven that religion is not needed to oppress people on a massive scale. So why drag God into this mess? All He has done is given us freedom to succeed or fail. The fact that we always inevitably wind up failing simply shows us how flawed we really are, and that we need that relationship with God.

Why judge a God that you don't believe in? Or why project the world's bad decisions on Him?

edit on 1-9-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

edit on 1-9-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Why judge a God that you don't believe in? Or why project the world's bad decisions on Him?

Maybe because "he" thought all of this was a good idea. Oh, and he did leave his first "kids" in a room with sharp knives (and left them to be cut). I am a parent...there's no way I'd do that, NOR curse them for messing up.
EVERYTHING on this planet isn't OUR fault...but HIS.
If you believe the bible completely, then god did all of this, just so we'd realize how much we need him. He also picks and chooses who he will help and who he won't (if you believe all of it). So, in my book, that's messed up. He wants adoration....and doesn't care how much pain we all go through in the process of realizing that we need to ADORE him.
Sorry...but, that's F'ed up.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

If you wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs. Freedom comes at a price. It means that some people are going to make bad decisions. If God were to jump in at every single bad decision we make, He would literally be the nanny of the universe. God doesn't want cheerleaders. He wants people to grow the # up.

edit on 3-9-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

He wants people to grow the # up.

God sounds frustrated!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

He wants people to grow the # up.

And he's been waiting, what? 'Bout 6,000 years?

I mean, he tried that flood thing. We didn't take the hint. Now what?

edit on 9/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Have you watched Christians, en masse they practice none of Jesus's teachings.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: cooperton

Have you watched Christians, en masse they practice none of Jesus's teachings.

Nor do the Christians on this website. They're to busy emulating Paul or Yahweh's judgmental attitude.
And they feel entitled to do so.
edit on 3-9-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

If you wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs. Freedom comes at a price. It means that some people are going to make bad decisions. If God were to jump in at every single bad decision we make, He would literally be the nanny of the universe. God doesn't want cheerleaders. He wants people to grow the # up.

Do you think "quite possibly" that maybe your said "god" made a bad decision? Probably not.
So, you think he needs to "break some eggs" to grow us the "f" up? Ok, so tell that to the little girl that doesn't get a chance to "grow up" because she has some incurable disease, or tell that to the woman who just watched her family be buried in an earthquake or killed by a tornado. Oh, how bout telling those little African, starving, children, that they need to "grow the "F" up...you know, cause God needed to break some eggs to teach them how to be mature.
Whatever dude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join