It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster Then Light Speed, Can We Do It?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Often the question of most scientists. Can we travel faster then light and considering our aim to travel the stars and with recent findings of the new planet Proxima B it would be a good time to finally solve this mystery. However, this is obviously been a problem for science for many years now.

So to travel the speed of light or faster, you would need to contain no mass.

This in essence is the baffling question. We are mass, our spaceships are mass, everything we do, is mass. So my first query was to find something that contain no mass.

Neutrino's and Dark Matter

Neutrino are interesting as they are supposed to travel faster then light, I say supposed because this was quickly debunked by various science communities.

Other researchers are cautious about the result, but if it stands further scrutiny, the finding would overturn the most fundamental rule of modern physics—that nothing travels faster than 299,792,458 meters per second.

However the question always resided at, what did the establishment have to loose if this was true? After all, this would undermine physics as a whole. Maybe they wanted to stab it's public interest dead in the water.

Neutrinos can pass through all matter, as it is theorised that...

Neutrinos rarely interact with ordinary matter, and they easily pass through solids that would screen out most other particles. So neutrino beams could be used to send messages through the Earth, or to communicate with a planetary rover parked on the far side of Mars, out of radio contact.

link

With this in mind they are supposed to contain little to no mass.

What we do not see, however, is that the universe is filled with particles called neutrinos. These particles — have no charge and have little or no mass — created less than one second after the Big Bang, and large numbers of these primordial low-energy neutrinos remain in the universe today because they interact very weakly with matter.

Dark Matter is theorised emptiness, stated as nothing. However.....

Since nothing is just empty space or vacuum, it can expand faster than light speed since no material object is breaking the light barrier," said theoretical astrophysicist Michio Kaku on Big Think. "Therefore, empty space can certainly expand faster than light.

So dark matter is a substance that moves faster then light, dark matter is mass moving faster then light speed.

link

From the words of Michio Kaku, ''Therefore, empty space can certainly expand faster than light.'' With this being said and other experiments showing other findings, it would deem that there is substances that travel faster then light. With Dark matter being utilised as also not having mass, maybe this substance along with neutrinos and other mysterious particles can also be used to overall achieve a greater understanding of how we may as humans travel in the future faster then light or at least, send signals that are instantaneous.

With this interesting note at the end, "empty space" is actually full of temporary ("virtual") particles that continually form and then disappear.''

link

If so could mass be created virtually as we know it and sent as a ripple effect of data to be created on the other side of the coin we wish to reach. Therefore dissolving the mass problem of the equation as in essence we would be beaming messages or even humans to distant planets to be recreated or rather skipped along.

Similar to that of the famous Telsa experiment the Philadelphia Experiment.

It was at this point (the vanishing of the Eldridge) that the true power of the electromagnetic field that had been created was revealed. The Eldridge had not only vanished from the view of observers in Philadelphia, it had vanished from Philadelphia all together! The ship had been instantly transported several hundred miles - from Philadelphia to Norfolk, Virginia. After a few minutes, the ship once again vanished, to return to Philadelphia.

link
edit on 24-8-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

I don't think it's possible for humans to travel at this speed (or time travel), but I am not master of sub-atomic particles or physics...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This in essence is the baffling question. We are mass, our spaceships are mass, everything we do, is mass. So my first query was to find something that contain no mass.

The spirit. But that science is denied by science.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I don't think it's possible for humans to travel at this speed (or time travel), but I am not master of sub-atomic particles or physics...

It sure is hard to imagine this could ever happen, considering such constraints to physics. However a part of me feels like physics is soon to be shaken by new findings that will put our minds to whole new worlds of understanding what really is possible. As I mentioned above.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The spirit. But that science is denied by science.

I completely understand where you are coming from friend.

It is said however that both science and religious outlooks or anything of similar fighting for who is right does this to one another. For progression people must start adopting everything as a perspective and deriving only the things that become achievable, proven should then be followed as concrete.

However here is an interesting aspect. We are our minds, electrical impulses making connections and creating scars of memories in our brains. What if our shear selves, could be transported via methods mentioned above. All that knowledge of a superior human, sent to start fresh to learn. Not to teach a child over and over again.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

They are planning a project to Alpha Centuri right now, though its not light speed (it doesn't need to be)...It'll get there in 20 years.

New Project Plans To Send A Spacecraft To Alpha Centauri In 20 Years

A new project has been announced that will attempt to launch a small spacecraft to our nearest stellar neighbor, Alpha Centauri, and return images and data to Earth within a generation.

The ambitious proposal called Breakthrough Starshot was revealed today by billionaire Yuri Milner, Professor Stephen Hawking, and a host of other scientists and experts. The $100 million research project will seek to prove a proposed concept for interstellar travel, using a tiny satellite with a large laser-powered sail, with a plan to launch a mission to Alpha Centauri in the near future.

“Today, we commit to this next great leap into the cosmos,” said Hawking at a press conference today. “Because we are human, and our nature is to fly.”

There are other designs too, and various theoretical designs of ships which can carry humans. Some need advances in anti-matter and fusion to be viable, but once they are they will be able to travel to 99%/C.

As far as FTL, until they disclose all the missing documents from the 50s-90s UFO era, Im not entirely convinced humans don't already have something that may break our current understanding of physics. Whether its an actual vehicle that travels time/space or something that works in different dimensions, or whatever.... Some think disclosure rests on the fact they can't figure it out...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No such thing as empty space? No such thing as nothing? if both are true that should mean something is true forever, however one of those at least is a paradox.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Personally I think the speed of light is the cosmic speed limit, but that doesn't mean there aren't ways to circumvent it. The alcubierre drive is one that makes sense, and wouldn't violate our known laws of physics.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

They are planning a project to Alpha Centuri right now, though its not light speed (it doesn't need to be)...It'll get there in 20 years.

New Project Plans To Send A Spacecraft To Alpha Centauri In 20 Years

A new project has been announced that will attempt to launch a small spacecraft to our nearest stellar neighbor, Alpha Centauri, and return images and data to Earth within a generation.

The ambitious proposal called Breakthrough Starshot was revealed today by billionaire Yuri Milner, Professor Stephen Hawking, and a host of other scientists and experts. The $100 million research project will seek to prove a proposed concept for interstellar travel, using a tiny satellite with a large laser-powered sail, with a plan to launch a mission to Alpha Centauri in the near future.

“Today, we commit to this next great leap into the cosmos,” said Hawking at a press conference today. “Because we are human, and our nature is to fly.”

There are other designs too, and various theoretical designs of ships which can carry humans. Some need advances in anti-matter and fusion to be viable, but once they are they will be able to travel to 99%/C.

As far as FTL, until they disclose all the missing documents from the 50s-90s UFO era, Im not entirely convinced humans don't already have something that may break our current understanding of physics. Whether its an actual vehicle that travels time/space or something that works in different dimensions, or whatever.... Some think disclosure rests on the fact they can't figure it out...

A link to that,
earthsky.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Thanks. And I can't go all into stuff anymore like hypercubes, other dimensions, everywhere, everywhen, without dragging the thread off topic.

So I won't. I juts left that spirit notion of light travel.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Interesting what you posted friend. I will have to read into those things you mentioned and nice to hear that there is other projects, I have read many topics in the past about such things just so many pass you by these days, I forget which is which.

I hope that this all goes to plan then in regards to alpha centuri and that we do find what we hope to find.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thanks. And I can't go all into stuff anymore like hypercubes, other dimensions, everywhere, everywhen, without dragging the thread off topic.

So I won't. I juts left that spirit notion of light travel.

Post away, all information is good information and I would love to hear anyones view on other ideas. We all must learn together, share ideas and thoughts.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Personally I think the speed of light is the cosmic speed limit, but that doesn't mean there aren't ways to circumvent it. The alcubierre drive is one that makes sense, and wouldn't violate our known laws of physics.

It could be that this is the top tier to all speed as you say.

As I said in my post, there is however other particles that operate beyond current physics and their behaviour is that of other worldly nature. In this sense, it would be hard for a determined, straight headed scientist with his mind bolted to his physics knowledge to see past his or her own views. That being swayed by what has been learned already, they tend to stick to.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

"So my first query was to find something that contain no mass."

That's easy to answer but maybe a tad difficult to acquire that "something."
That something is nothing less that an alien UFO and maybe one of our secret triangle "UFOS" if our space force will allow you to borrow one.

Really, this is one of those dozens of threads on ATS that ignore the evidence and loves to speculate about what science will maybe do some day.

Take any decent, credible UFO sighting you wish, and there are many, and plot it out for what it did and how it did it. Every single credible UFO sighting will display characteristics of having a massless state. --None will give evidence of wings, jets or props! That simple, elementary scientific-derived step of determination of source is never done.

Science, even these days as we search others stars for life, must ignore and deny anything that represents an alien UFO or one of our triangle "UFOs." That keeps science safe and pure from wild speculation even though not too long ago, it was IMPOSSIBLE for science to think or discuss faster than light velocities. That stuff was all from the Sci-fi genre and was not talked about in polite company and with that safeguard, UFOs were never mentioned by any one climbing the ladder to a decent job in science, the military or even politics.

What is so hard to conceptualize, neutron stars aside, about a device that generates a null-mass field and sticking it in various craft that then can go really fast as do the UFOS? And why these endless threads that push FTL hypotheticals when the best argument for such devices are seen daily in our skies?

Of course, there are several solid reasons for the denials and ignoring of the importance of the phenomena, national security, world security, secret weapons possibility, dominance of earth by one super power to be the emissaries of the UFO ETs, and a whole new economic system of transportation both local and to the stars. After all, what's the harm in agencies keeping secrets and letting the populace go merrily on its way shopping for smart phones? 'Seems logical, but what if those aliens in their null-mass vehicles also come like the Enterprise from Star Trek and brings new and better views on how we humans could be better citizens of the galaxy? Basically, just what IS your government protecting us from...or it is merely protecting itself?

edit on 24-8-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

In brief...

Light is energy, it has no mass...?

If you believe we are spirits we are energy, too.

Light energy travels light speed...

So we might too.

Better still the idea of a hypercube is a three dimensional cube whose sides are expanding to... everywhere... at...once.

So when we go there we can be here, there, and everywhere, all at once; whichever we choose. Thats not traveling in the purest sense, because we can be everywhere, all the time, or just right here, over there.

If that didn't scramble your brains, it did mine.

Like trying to explain 'up' to 2 dimensional flatlanders. Its hard to grasp.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
any real space flight is going to be a drive that bends space in some way. Solar sails and antimatter propulsion are non-starters for out of the solar system traveling.
Warp drives, Hyperspace, slipspace.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Particles can be linked and will have information given to one particle instantaneously be matched in the paired particle no matter the distance. Instant. Space-time isn't a factor. This is how I believe we can go faster than the speed of light. We just have to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
Particles can be linked and will have information given to one particle instantaneously be matched in the paired particle no matter the distance. Instant. Space-time isn't a factor. This is how I believe we can go faster than the speed of light. We just have to figure it out.

Similar to something I have pondered myself for a few years, similar to a book I once read. Regarding vibration of particles and I often pondered this idea.

Which I read into a little and found this.

Quantum Entanglement

If I have two electrons close together, they can vibrate in unison, according to the quantum theory. If I then separate them, an invisible umbilical cord emerges which connects the two electrons, even though they may be separated by many light years. If I jiggle one electron, the other electron "senses" this vibration instantly, faster than the speed of light.

Interesting to say the least but this is how I also pictured our ability to move through space without concerning ourselves with mass and time. Interesting how your thoughts, my thoughts and that of scientists in the field are thinking similar in nature, its sometimes the simple things that are the best ideas.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

"So my first query was to find something that contain no mass."

That's easy to answer but maybe a tad difficult to acquire that "something."
That something is nothing less that an alien UFO and maybe one of our secret triangle "UFOS" if our space force will allow you to borrow one.

Really, this is one of those dozens of threads on ATS that ignore the evidence and loves to speculate about what science will maybe do some day.

Take any decent, credible UFO sighting you wish, and there are many, and plot it out for what it did and how it did it. Every single credible UFO sighting will display characteristics of having a massless state. --None will give evidence of wings, jets or props! That simple, elementary scientific-derived step of determination of source is never done.

I cropped your post so was smaller to reply to...

I have read many many articles and UFO stories friend so I am not determining that we have not already done this. I am very aware that there is very well many various craft being utilised by the US government, Russia and China all demonstrating craft that to you or I would look alien. I have followed many of those that come forward to tell of such craft, demonstrating anti gravity manoeuvres, sun like light emanating from its core, use of elements unknown to earth, element 115, 116, the ability of craft to quickly turn at sharp angles, dissolving of craft in plain sight, etc, etc.....

I am still in hope that someone, somewhere comes forward with something so indisputable that people may realise not all is shown to the public. When the blackbird was known, to the public. It was said to be 60 years old in technology. So with that you can determine that majority of tech we do not see from the governments of the world, will be roughly 60 years ahead of us.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

That's exactly what the alcubierre drive does. It in a sense, 'breaks' physics as we know. We still don't travel beyond the speed of light, ever. We simply just bend space to bring it closer to us. Ha, I said simply as if the process and possible side effects are nothing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join