It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster Then Light Speed, Can We Do It?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Is the "now" that we're experiencing at the moment here on Earth the same "now" on the other side of the galaxy? Or in some distant corner of the universe? I know light takes a while to get from one place to another, but that's just the appearance of something as it was long ago. But do we share the same now, even though it's far away?

Maybe there's something to be gleaned from that. Not so much travel from Point A to Point B. More like "experiencing" now in a different place.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

Sure you can: earthquakes.

Looks like that paper constantly refers to them as associated with discontinuity surfaces...or as I put it, a boundary between two different materials.

And no doubt in a plasma, you could get all sorts of freakish combinations of coupled charge fluid & EM field waves.

But you don't need a plasma to propagate EM. Although you can do really creative things to EM with plasma.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
How are you, everyone?

I have a short comment on concept of 'wave' in QM that is called a field.

Supposedly, it is a number of particles that is waving similar to water molecules on lake surface. Sort of. Each part of that wave can be said to have a certain characteristics equal to a single particle. It is as if we want to know field energy level, for example, we would detect or capture a particle that constitutes the field (number of identical particles that move in wave fashion). But water molecules stationary to each other more or less. They are the 'mass' of the water body. Contrary, common knowledge says that particles move.

One question with this above.. Since particles move in numbers away from the emitter, as I assume for now, why the field has boundaries? The filed will be becoming more extended in radii as far out as emitted particles have gone, in this case, imo, and only, its density will be decreasing as a single side factor. Another down factor is that field radii (area of effect), if we talk about cosmos, gets dependent on all sorts of obstacles, like gas clouds, space dust, planets and stars. Some body please explain in lay terms, what area of effect electron field or magnetic filed has and why it has boundaries please.

With all that said above, still, not clear how 'wave' part of 'wave-particle' duality is explained.
The wave is possible only when individual particles in 'mass' make a wave. Particles are the medium of what waves only if in stationary to each other position the only option, which does not make lot of sense.

edit on 2-11-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Is the "now" that we're experiencing at the moment here on Earth the same "now" on the other side of the galaxy? Or in some distant corner of the universe?

I'd say Yes. The 'now' is the tool for synchronicity (to act as one at the distance somehow). Distant star is what it is 'now' and math can reconstruct its past, derive past position and other history points of interest. It is if you found a dinosaur bone...do you see dinosaur alive or just a real artifact? Science will tell you it's 250 million years old, but do you 'see' it in real time? No. My 'now' is the only reality to begin with, I guess.

Maybe there's something to be gleaned from that. Not so much travel from Point A to Point B. More like "experiencing" now in a different place.

yep..I think so.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Link< br />
Will be attempting this over the coming weeks.

edit on 3-11-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Sure you can: earthquakes.

Looks like that paper constantly refers to them as associated with discontinuity surfaces...or as I put it, a boundary between two different materials.

It's looking at the changes in polarization states upon interaction with boundaries.

www.geo.mtu.edu...

P waves are also known as compressional waves, because of the pushing and pulling they do

The second type of body wave is the S wave or secondary wave, which is the second wave you feel in an earthquake. An S wave is slower than a P wave and can only move through solid rock, not through any liquid medium. It is this property of S waves that led seismologists to conclude that the Earth's outer core is a liquid.

So "S waves" in earthquakes are transverse, and as stated, only supportable in a solid, and not a (conventional) fluid which has standard compressional longitudinal pressure acoustic waves.

And no doubt in a plasma, you could get all sorts of freakish combinations of coupled charge fluid & EM field waves.

But you don't need a plasma to propagate EM. Although you can do really creative things to EM with plasma.

The point is that you can get much more complicated structures of waves which could generally be called "polarizations".

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Back in September, I was involved in a little to-ing and fro-ing on this thread, over the laws of thermodynamics and what they said about perpetual motion (i.e., "free energy") devices. A buncha boffins just published this, as they have rather excitingly worked out a possible exception to the second law. Caveats: It only applies at the quantum level and they haven't actually tested it yet. But I scurried back here to post it in case it was still relevant to anyone's arguments.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Maxwells demon.

Very cool if the experiments end up supporting this. With most things in the universe theres always a hack or backdoor. Maybe there is for the second law of thermo. At least on a local quantum level.

Good article. Glad you brought it into the thread. Now to see if thrir ideas pan out in experiments or end up being a goof up.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So "S waves" in earthquakes are transverse, and as stated, only supportable in a solid, and not a (conventional) fluid which has standard compressional longitudinal pressure acoustic waves.

Perhaps 'aether' is solid. Other than the propagation speed, I wonder if that's why they always said it would have to be like steel, only not there at the same time.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Energy packet's torus shape is not accurate when it comes to visualizing emitted quanta.
In my opinion traveling quanta packet in space is literally an isotropic formation expanding outwards, a sphere with boundary walls being 'quanta deep'. This entire wave formation, when caught (detected) has same value as value of known value that has been released. When an atom encountered on the wake of the sphere, the wave collapses giving you readings off the detector and it needs no medium, because it is self contained based on dimensions set. Torus shape needs no medium to propagate...have a look at it..it has borders wrapping contents inside of itself. This set up doesn't need medium for the content (energy packet) to exist and move.

Another point I wanted to mention is that quanta released does not exist any more at the moment when measured. It was added to sustain (aid or make possible) new single atom's particle arrangement in side of it (becoming heavier element).
Near by detector probably reads nothing as the detector the wave has run into first, collapses entire wave, where energy of that wave has been absorbed at single 'point of entry' of another atom.

cheers)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join