It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Dem. Governor thanks Trump for flood visit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: MysticPearl

Just for S&G what's your "source"?

Mine is the US Constitution.

We've already established you don't know how the constitution works.

Second, my source is US Code Law which you also obviously aren't familiar with.

And that US Code Law does not violate your poor understanding of the constitution.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Hillary sent one tweet.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You've established that in your own mind ... Only.

You've combined commentary from some Trump apologist crap-site with an clip from 8 USC 1182.

I'll correct your BS when I return from dinner.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Right, no "politics as usual" to see here. I see that our motto has been completely discarded by many ... embracing ignorance, rather than denying it.

Oh, and as far as the supposed "Trump Humanitarianism" ... you may want to check out an old movie:

Omen III: The Final Conflict.

Always an ulterior motive. What it must be like to live in a constant state of pessimism.

Yes, talk about me rather than the topic, because we're all sooo interested in opinions of each other.

For example, I'm stunned by the rampant stupidity on display here in regard to straightforward, obvious facts.

Deny Ignorance (and lies, falsehood, blatant political pandering, etc.)

Did Trump tell you directly, or do you have a memo signed by him that specifically states that he went to Louisiana for political purposes? If you don't, then apply your own rules to yourself. You chose to use the examples of possibly politicians in the past as the basis for your argument and none of those politicians were Trump. You can apply your argument very easily and successfully to Hillary, in that all criminals caught went to jail lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

From the mp3 audio....

...if you're stuck on a roof top, or stranded at the superdome during a hurricane, you're invisible to this president, even when you're on CNN, well you are not invisible to me and should never be invisible to the President of the United States - I am Hillary Clinton, and I approve of this message

edit on 21-8-2016 by Sublimecraft because: bbcoding

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

From the mp3 audio....

if you're stuck on a roof top, or stranded at the superdome during a hurricane, you're invisible to this president, even when you're on CNN, well you are not invisible to me and should never be invisible to the President of the United States - I am Hillary Clinton, and I approve of this message

No! Not the truth

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

LOL - had to laugh at Drudge's pic on his front page this morning.....

I hear Barry's new ship is being christened this weekend.

edit on 21-8-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Did I claim Trump spoke to me personally?

Ever hear of a Straw Man Argument?

Cheers - Gryph

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

From the mp3 audio....

...if you're stuck on a roof top, or stranded at the superdome during a hurricane, you're invisible to this president, even when you're on CNN, well you are not invisible to me and should never be invisible to the President of the United States - I am Hillary Clinton, and I approve of this message

And I like her 2016 slogan: STRONGER TOGETHER.

Yeah, more like Stronger Together, Without Her.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Just for S&G what's your "source"?

Mine is the US Constitution.

We've already established you don't know how the constitution works.

Second, my source is US Code Law which you also obviously aren't familiar with.

And that US Code Law does not violate your poor understanding of the constitution.

Ah. Good dinner.

Just a few more references for you, if you'd like to educate yourself .... but you've mostly bored me into non-response.

First of all, here's the actual law your little quote is attempting to reference: 8 USC 1182

(That's what we call providing actual evidence ... rather than a blind "quote.")

And here's what you think applies to the situation ...

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

You may notice, if you bother to read 8 USC 1182 ... that it makes clear that there are any number of cases, reasons, causes, etc., that an individual alien might be prevented from entering the country ... but religion is not among them.

You might also note that, yes, contrary to your "opinion" the US Constitution DOES apply to aliens in this country ...

Georgetown Law publication: "Are Foreign Nationals Entitled to the Same Constitutional Rights As Citizens"

Given this record, it is not surprising that many members of the general public presume that noncitizens do not deserve the same rights as citizens. II But the presumption is wrong in many more respects than it is right. While some distinctions between foreign nationals and citizens are normatively justified and consistent with constitutional and international law, most are not. The significance of the citizen/noncitizen distinction is more often presumed than carefully examined. Upon examination, there is far less to the distinction than commonly thought. In particular, foreign nationals are generally entitled to the equal protection of the laws, to political freedoms of speech and association, and to due process requirements of fair procedure where their lives, liberty, or property are at stake.

And finally, you may remember that the Supremacy Clause establishes that the Constitution is "the supreme law of the land" ... and specifically NOT the whims of a Presidential-wanna-be.

So, to summarize:

1. 8 USC 1182 doesn't say what you claim it does.

2. Aliens and foreign nationals ARE accorded certain Constitutional rights, among which is the First Amendment, not to mention ...

2A. The Constitution LIMITS what the Government (including a Tyrant Trump) can do ... it does not address specific classes in general ... and

3. The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land ... which would supercede 8 USC 1182 ... EVEN IF you weren't so blatantly misleading about what it actually says and means.

None of which has to do with Trump's latest publicity stunt which some of you are lapping up like fresh cream.

edit on 21-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Even folks in the UK recognize this crap for what it is ... well, perhaps I should say some folks in the UK:

theguardian.com

The photo opportunity is a time-honored political maneuver after a natural disaster, and Trump put his own spin on it, traveling with an 18-wheel transfer truck full of supplies to hand out to crowds.

As noted. 44K lbs is the maximum load, IF the truck was full.

Trump stayed about 15 minutes before the motorcade of black SUVs and motorcycles moved on. Within a few minutes the crowd had melted away.

15 minutes. Photo Op.

“We’ve got 2,000 houses damaged just in this area alone,” he said, stretching his arm out to the south. “These people are already back in their homes, working to repair them. It’s not like down in the Ninth Ward.” That was a reference to one of the quarters of New Orleans that was worst hit by Katrina a decade ago. That neighborhood is mostly poor, and mostly black. “I mean that’s a bunch of government-owned housing,” Patterson said. “Nobody here is looking for handouts or waiting on the government. These are Trump’s people.” Uneven Katrina recovery leaves Lower Ninth Ward with little love for presidents Read more It was a bombastic statement, and maybe emotionally satisfying, but it was also untrue: more than 60,000 local people have applied for relief from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema).

2000 homes damaged in ONE ward ... 60,000 people have already applied for FEMA funds ... but one partially-filled truck and 15 minutes of air-time just makes SOO much difference to the Trump Tru-Believers here.

Talk about peeing on someone's shoes and telling them it's raining. Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It's great seeing a Democratic governor who cares more about his constituents than he does about petty politics. Chris Christie did the same thing when President Obama visited New Jersey, after Hurricane Sandy devastated much of his state. Not every high-level politician is callous and self-centered.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Trump waited till Obama and crew started catching flack and then decided he wanted to go and you all are making him out to be some sort of saint.

Hilarious!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The straw man argument...yup...you know they are reaching when they say that.

Trump was in LA for about 4 hours. He was at the truck and then went to other sites. Donated quite a bit to a local church. He was there because you are supposed to. Donald Trump does not need photo op...hahaha...he is everywhere and everyone is talking about him.

He did it because you are supposed to. Obama, the sitting president, yeah, he could not come because he is on vacation but he did a fundraiser for Hillary. Pretty #ty.

#Obamahatesbatonrouge or something like that....

The point of the OP is that the visit, no matter what the MSM wants to call it drew attention. People are talking about it even if it is political but now some more donations will be made etc etc etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

He was asked not to come!
Should he ignore that request just to appease all of you that would still find a reason to dismiss his visit..
Or should he listen to the state representative?

Of course the visit drew attention, and the governor did the right thing to not trash the visit because that isn't what needed to be done. It doesn't change that he asked both of them not to come because of the resources it would tie up that the city needs right now.

Trump the messiah can never do no wrong tho! Don't tell him what to do or not to do when it comes to pandering!
edit on stSun, 21 Aug 2016 21:46:06 -0500America/Chicago820160680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Any sitting governor or mayor who would not accept help is an idiot and should not be in office. Jeh Johnson was there but there were no complaints. I mean, do we think the head of DHS does not have a nice entourage?

He said something dumb and then went on TV, corrected himself and then acted like an ass to the reporter when she called him out. If Jindal was there he would have been handing out toys with Trump./

[url=http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/05/10/bobby_jindal_endorsing_trump_i_continue_to_be_critical_but_the_voters_have_spoken.html]Link[/ur l]

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

He did it because you are supposed to. Obama, the sitting president, yeah, he could not come because he is on vacation but he did a fundraiser for Hillary. Pretty #ty.

BS! He did it because he knew it would make the Obama haters like him more, I doubt he got anymore votes from anyone that wasn't already going to vote for him. He saw Fox and friends(pun of both the show and the right wing media) that was trashing Obama and decided he could score some political points.
All while ignoring the states representative asking him not to.
Why couldn't he just make the donation and send the supplies? Did he have to be there? Or was he one of those people that wanted to make sure his good deed was seen...

He never said he didn't want help, he said he didn't want the visits tying up vital resources...

You all just want to find a reason why this is so amazing for the messiah and then turn around and find a reason why it is bad for Obama.
I do admit, him being on vacation looks bad, but jebus christ not as bad as you all are making it. Has he denied them any sort of federal response? Did his vacation cause him to ignore any request that should have been granted?
How about find some real reasons instead of "Well Trump went so Obama should have ignored the request as well!"

Also if anyone needed this Trump visit to be made aware of what is going on, then they are just willfully ignorant of the current situation.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

He's damn near got my vote as a result of it. Why because on the other side I see nothing but people that can't call a positive thing for what it is, positive.

I don't care why he did it. He helped people.

I'd rather politicians did more stuff like this, not less. Whether he did it to get votes or not is 100% completely irrelevant to the fact people were helped by it.

You want to bitch about something political go do it about stuff that actually hurts people not helps them.

People like you that take something that helps people and try to destroy it by attacking the person who did it because you disagree with their possible motives make me sick.

Let's say you get what you want, let's say everyone decides Trump is nothing but a phony and deserves scorn, let's say the nation en masse turns on him and #s on him for doing this. Let's say every other politician sees this, decides, doing stuff like this just isn't worth the cost or risk.They decide there's nothing to gain by helping and only loss.

What do we get? Politicians not donating, not helping when this crap goes down, all because punks like you can't pick and choose your battles sensibly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, focus on the political actions that hurt not help people. We're all aware most politicians are selfish scumbags, but if we can get them to help out now and then, let's not # on them for it.

That helps none of us, and hurts everyone that would not have gotten the help he gave had he not shown up so that people like you could not throw a conniption fit because his motivations may not have been 100% selfless.

Addendum: As for your complaints about people bitching about Obama. It's Obama's own fault for bitching about the exact same thing when it happened with Bush. He set the precedent, and when it came around to his turn he did the exact same thing he bitched at Bush about. The only one he has to blame for this is himself. If it was wrong for Bush as Obama said, then by his own admission it's wrong for him. If it's not wrong as much, as I can't stand Bush, he owes Bush an apology and needs to come clean about his past statements being wrong and why. He doesn't get to say one thing, make a big deal about it, and then when it becomes his turn, do the very thing he bitched about and get a free pass.
edit on 8/21/2016 by Puppylove because: Addendums are fun!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Everyone should enjoy the flood celebrations because PRESIDENT TRUMP will be kicking the opposition in the cojones when he RELOCATES EVERY SINGLE MONEY LOSING CITY IN AMERICA and BUILDS A NEW MONEY MAKING ONE IN A BETTER GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION FOR EVERYONE.

No more Insurance Company games and no more State subsidies in the form of "emergency flood relief" which is the pumping heart of the economys of some states who use this cyclical recurring mess as a way to attract money.

No one should be living in these areas and no insurance company should legally be able to insure property in these zones and every single American will be required to move out of these zones with a Grandfathering option to stay in the zone for their natural lives as NOT the City for those who are now 21 .

No more bleeding out of the Federal purse.....its time money was put back in.

National Geographical relocation which brings the people to the resources by LAW and APPROPRIATION where needed ,the tearing down of cities like Chicago by a Federally paid workforce and other cesspools completely and the rebuilding of new productive Cities elsewhere.

One City at a time.....using the entire weight of the full-on American Economy to action it.....swinging the might of the backbone of a 350 million plus population at tearing down and rebuilding one City every 5 years.....Hoover Dam type of efforts.....with a similar but exponentially more valuable impact.

35 million Americans demolishing and rebuilding with ALL OF THE MONEY STAYING IN AMEIRCA ...making every domesticlly enshrined dollar worth 3 on the open market by proxy.FORCE the world to WANT to INVEST in America again.

Go Donald.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I don't care why he did it. He helped people.

Not going to disagree, the act itself did help people, my point all along has only been that this isn't some humanitarian act that Trump did for no reason.
He wanted to make a photo op of it all, he decided that he had to be there even tho those in charge said they needed those resources else where and asked them not too.
But no, you can't tell Trump what to do!

People like you that take something that helps people and try to destroy it by attacking the person who did it because you disagree with their possible motives make me sick.

Oh boy that is rich!
I am not trying to 'destroy' anything, just calling a spade a spade.

What ever Puppy, if you just want to twist what I am saying that is fine.
I'm glad he decided to help out, just found the timing very strange. Seems like he didn't care until he saw that it would make everyone else look worse. If you want to ignore that, that is on you.

Oh and all you see on the other side is them listening to what was asked of them...
Crazy how you all completely ignore that.
Why shouldn't they listen to what has been asked of them by the people in charge?
edit on stSun, 21 Aug 2016 23:01:11 -0500America/Chicago820161180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join