It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Dem. Governor thanks Trump for flood visit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I guess maybe he was pissed with all the titty bars and tattoos from the aid given out?

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: introvert

Be honest, nobody gave a second thought about Louisiana until Trump got on the scene. The fact that we are talking about this on ATS right now should be an indication.

Yes, that is my point. We are not talking about LA and what they are going through. We are talking about Trump.

Same thing would happen if/when Obama/Hillary show up.

It's not about LA...it's about the politician.

I get what your saying but at the same time people need to know their leaders care. By the same logic news crews shouldn't go there and just send money. Volunteers should stay away because it costs to travel there.

People need to see and feel strength in a time of weakness. Those in power, for whatever reason, project that.

link   

All he see here is emotion from being triggered.

You think the 1st amendment applies to non-US citizens abroad who hope to immigrate here. And now you're lashing out with insults because you were caught propagating a lie.

You frankly have no idea how the constitution works. It applies to Americans, not the world.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

or ... What Google may not have told you is that Damian Thorn had a worldwide network of seeming to be in the right place at the right time doing something ... But of course that was a metaphor for politics as usual not supernatural Mumbo Jumbo ... I leave that to Trump and the so called Christians.

PS: Thorn was also contemplating a Presidential run .... Coincidence?
edit on 21-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Lol

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I guarantee the charities and relief funds have gotten a lot more attention because of it. But hey, who wants to help Americans in need when you have a birthday party to go to!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

When some of the cost of those "logistics" become the burden of those that are suffering, we have to rethink things.

The people in LA had to not only deal with the cost of this disaster, they also have to pay for the politicians that come to use their suffering as a political tool.

Double whammy...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
And all I see is right wing PC speak ...

/yawn

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

When some of the cost of those "logistics" become the burden of those that are suffering, we have to rethink things.

The people in LA had to not only deal with the cost of this disaster, they also have to pay for the politicians that come to use their suffering as a political tool.

Double whammy...

Ah, so that's why he's on Martha's Vineyard. It's a wealthy community which won't be effected by wasted taxpayer dollars.

Then Clinton doubled down on it and wasted even more taxpayer money by flying in for his birthday.

But no problem, it's an extremely affluent area so just waste their tax dollars.

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

All he see here is emotion from being triggered.

You think the 1st amendment applies to non-US citizens abroad who hope to immigrate here. And now you're lashing out with insults because you were caught propagating a lie.

You frankly have no idea how the constitution works. It applies to Americans, not the world.

One more time and then you're obviously trolling ...
The First restricts what the US Government can do ... It has nothing to do with who it's done to.

Apply just a smidgeon of thought before you respond to me, please.
edit on 21-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Be honest, nobody gave a second thought about Louisiana until Trump got on the scene. The fact that we are talking about this on ATS right now should be an indication.

Yes, that is my point. We are not talking about LA and what they are going through. We are talking about Trump.

I get what your saying but at the same time people need to know their leaders care. By the same logic news crews shouldn't go there and just send money. Volunteers should stay away because it costs to travel there.

People need to see and feel strength in a time of weakness. Those in power, for whatever reason, project that.

People don't care if their leaders give a #. They care about their house being underwater and how they are going to work.

This political nonsense is just another expense they have are burdened to pay for. It's bull#.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You're missing the point.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

or ... What Google may not have told you is that Damian Thorn had a worldwide network of seeming to be in the right place at the right time doing something ... But of course that was a metaphor for politics as usual not supernatural Mumbo Jumbo ... I leave that to Trump and the so called Christians.

PS: Thorn was also contemplating a Presidential run .... Coincidence?

It was a movie. Seriously, man.
edit on 21/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

People don't care if their leaders give a #. They care about their house being underwater and how they are going to work.

This political nonsense is just another expense they have are burdened to pay for. It's bull#.

I can't stand Obama but the man should be down there and so should Hillary, even if it helps her poll numbers.

I suppose everyone should have stayed away from the towers also.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You are talking about the politician. The residents are all yelling "THANKS TRUMP!"....

Like this...

after 5 days...calling out the 'White President". But it is ok for Obama why?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Uhhhh. ... Yep. So why are you making a big deal?

Perhaps I triggered you?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I disagree.

Screw the poll numbers.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I saw hundreds of people who seemed to care and heard many comments about how much they cared.
edit on 21/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Uhhhh. ... Yep. So why are you making a big deal?

Perhaps I triggered you?

Just thought it was an odd comment.
I suppose if 'Hitler' doesn't work, it makes sense to move on to 'antichrist'

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

a reply to: In4ormant

I disagree.

Screw the poll numbers.

We can disagree, this is murica!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You are forgetting about the local resources needed to facilitate his visit.

Local police, blocking traffic, etc.

Trump doesn't pay for that. He is the cause of that expense, just like when any high-profile politician goes somewhere.

Those local resources would have been better spent elsewhere.

These "local resources" would have went more or less unspent, better to pump a little extra cash and attention into local area, than not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join