It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Dem. Governor thanks Trump for flood visit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I guess he realized that siding with one side is not the smartest thing to do in a time of crisis. Especially when Trump donated an 18 Wheeler full of supplies as well as a 100k donation to the Greenwell Baptist Church he visited.

So, watch this guy backtrack and tell the news that he never said not to come. Then he says he enjoyed his talk with Pence.

www.cnn.com...

I mean, FORTUNE reported on it so who is telling the truth?

fortune.com...

Once again...Trump did nothing wrong....it bought acknowledgement of a serious issue in LA. This is really becoming the norm and more people see it for what it is.

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002016-08-21T18:19:05-05:000605 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

There are 2 separate issues here:

1. Trumps motivation to give $$ and supplies to LA flood victims.
2. Trump giving $$ and supplies to LA flood victims.

The media cannot separate the 2, but citizens and voters can so come November we will see who has remembered what happened during his visit and how they interpreted what happened versus what the TV suggests happened.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The victims know what he did even if no one else hears about or acknowledges it. That's OK by me.

Good on ya donald.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Trump really hit it out of the park with this. Too bad for Hillary, the media, and her supporters they were too busy thinking about ways to slander Trump for helping people, rather than showing solidarity with Trump to help the citizens of the US in their time of need.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Fantastic effort by Trump and I guess the Governor realised what a stupid ass he was being and decided to be honest.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

LOL - had to laugh at Drudge's pic on his front page this morning.....

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Konduit

LOL - had to laugh at Drudge's pic on his front page this morning.....

That Drudge pic is just brilliant - perfect.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't think Trump did anything wrong. He went to LA when he found it to be politically advantageous.

Obama and Hillary did/will do what they think is most advantageous.

Pretty simple.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump really struck a cord with the people of Louisiana and out of fear for being the odd-man out in his own state the Governor decided to smarten up and do the right thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Right, no "politics as usual" to see here. I see that our motto has been completely discarded by many ... embracing ignorance, rather than denying it.

Oh, and as far as the supposed "Trump Humanitarianism" ... you may want to check out an old movie:

Omen III: The Final Conflict.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Did anyone notice how the Governor said he did not want people doing "photo ops", but usually in disaster the governors want all the high level attention they can get. I feel he said that so Obama would not look bad staying on vacation, instead of addressing the crisis.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Actually Puppy, this is Puppy and you got that very wrong. Bad Puppy.

Too bad for the people of Louisiana that Hillary, the media, and her supporters were and are too busy thinking about ways to slander Trump for helping people, instead of showing solidarity with Trump to help them.

They are more important than any of the political bull#. Shame on you. No biscuit, go to your corner and think about what you've done.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's the job of the POTUS to ensure safety and confidence in the citizens he serves, such a figure being on the ground and seeing the plight of the people during a crisis is a huge moral boost no matter which way you try to cut it or which side of the spectrum you fall on.

Trump isn't even President yet and he is acting more Presidential toward his own countrymen than Obama and Hillary combined.

edit on 21-8-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Right, no "politics as usual" to see here. I see that our motto has been completely discarded by many ... embracing ignorance, rather than denying it.

Oh, and as far as the supposed "Trump Humanitarianism" ... you may want to check out an old movie:

Always an ulterior motive. What it must be like to live in a constant state of pessimism.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Always an ulterior motive. What it must be like to live in a constant state of pessimism.

Yes, talk about me rather than the topic, because we're all sooo interested in opinions of each other.

For example, I'm stunned by the rampant stupidity on display here in regard to straightforward, obvious facts.

Deny Ignorance (and lies, falsehood, blatant political pandering, etc.)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Do you realize the shear amount of resources it takes to have a president show up somewhere, regardless of the reason?

Security, traffic control, etc. Those resources are better used addressing the problem at hand and not catering to the POTUS.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seventhinlineBummer is still working on his Change, Don't worry Bummer, Donald's got it. 👍🏻

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Yes, talk about me rather than the topic, because we're all sooo interested in opinions of each other.

For example, I'm stunned by the rampant stupidity on display here in regard to straightforward, obvious facts.

Deny Ignorance (and lies, falsehood, blatant political pandering, etc.)

I was talking about the topic until you described us as embracing ignorance.

I believe you deviated and are now calling the kettle black.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Konduit

Do you realize the shear amount of resources it takes to have a president show up somewhere, regardless of the reason?

Security, traffic control, etc. Those resources are better used addressing the problem at hand and not catering to the POTUS.

Yes, we know.

But Bush still hated black people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join