It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Dem. Governor thanks Trump for flood visit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: UKTruth

Uhhhh. ... Yep. So why are you making a big deal?

Perhaps I triggered you?

Just thought it was an odd comment.
I suppose if 'Hitler' doesn't work, it makes sense to move on to 'antichrist'

Perhaps ... Or perhaps you just don't comprehend irony.

Chill.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Gryphon66

I guess maybe he was pissed with all the titty bars and tattoos from the aid given out?

Don't forget the Play-Doh ....

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: introvert

Be honest, nobody gave a second thought about Louisiana until Trump got on the scene. The fact that we are talking about this on ATS right now should be an indication.

Yes, that is my point. We are not talking about LA and what they are going through. We are talking about Trump.

Same thing would happen if/when Obama/Hillary show up.

It's not about LA...it's about the politician.

I get what your saying but at the same time people need to know their leaders care. By the same logic news crews shouldn't go there and just send money. Volunteers should stay away because it costs to travel there.

People need to see and feel strength in a time of weakness. Those in power, for whatever reason, project that.

People don't care if their leaders give a #. They care about their house being underwater and how they are going to work.

This political nonsense is just another expense they have are burdened to pay for. It's bull#.

I saw hundreds of people who seemed to care and heard many comments about how much they cared.

Hundreds? Well, that doesn't mean much when there are just a few more people than that whom are affected.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Trump DONATED 70,000 LBS of supplies to flood victims; MSM silent.

Perfect photo OP! Here's the video. He made sure to spend 49 seconds roughly pretending to roll up his sleeves and unload a truck for the cameras. (I mean, you didn't really believe Donald Trump was unloading a truck for real did you?) The whole thing is staged and staged horribly. Obviously none of you are in logistics. They couldn't find a dock door to back this thing into? Nobody in their right mind unloads a trailer from the ground like this.

video here

Strangely this appears to be toys? Not that toys aren't great. Kids lost toys and receiving toys I'm sure will bring a smile to their faces. It's just curious. Not to nitpick but since the Tweet includes "70,000 lbs" as though that's supposed to be impressive:

I'm actually in the industry. The 70,000 lbs is the weight of a the truck and trailer + supplies. The actual weight of the load would likely be oh... I dunno depending on the weight of the truck and trailer, 42,000 lbs or so. A full load of prime rib (the most expensive stuff we generally transport) runs about $250,000. This is probably worth 1/10th of that per lb.

Worth every penny in publicity.
edit on 2016-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Be honest, nobody gave a second thought about Louisiana until Trump got on the scene. The fact that we are talking about this on ATS right now should be an indication.

Yes, that is my point. We are not talking about LA and what they are going through. We are talking about Trump.

Same thing would happen if/when Obama/Hillary show up.

It's not about LA...it's about the politician.

I get what your saying but at the same time people need to know their leaders care. By the same logic news crews shouldn't go there and just send money. Volunteers should stay away because it costs to travel there.

People need to see and feel strength in a time of weakness. Those in power, for whatever reason, project that.

People don't care if their leaders give a #. They care about their house being underwater and how they are going to work.

This political nonsense is just another expense they have are burdened to pay for. It's bull#.

I saw hundreds of people who seemed to care and heard many comments about how much they cared.

Hundreds? Well, that doesn't mean much when there are just a few more people than that whom are affected.

OK, so not all people. Gotcha.
I guess we don't know how many actually care.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Of course that's what it is. To pretend otherwise is delusional.

If Obama or Hillary went there, it would be for publicity purposes.

Why we think it's different for Trump is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, it doesn't.

Under U.S. Code, the president does have the statutory authority to keep anyone out of the country, for any reason he thinks best. Per 8 USC §1182

“Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”

That is not in violation of the constitution.

And your emotional handwringing doesn't change that.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Just for S&G what's your "source"?

Mine is the US Constitution.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Some of us still believe that people do good deeds. I would hate to think otherwise honestly.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

It's rare to see a politician really get in there and do something. The only one I can think of off the top of my hand is Corey Booker (I'm in NJ) and in many many situations I've seen on local news, he was out there in the snow, in the rain and winds, out in the streets leading by example and actually putting in work.

Corey Booker imo would have been an excellent candidate for President.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Some of us still believe that people do good deeds. I would hate to think otherwise honestly.

Good deeds do not need the attention of the camera lens. If you are looking for good deeds, I'd bet you should look at those that did not show up with a media crew.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I'm not so cynical that I don't believe that people do good things without ulterior motives (most people do them for all the right reasons in fact) but I'm not so oblivious that I don't know a stunt when I see one and this is clearly a stunt.

What do you call it when he strolls up, pretends to help unload the truck so that pictures can be taken and then walks back to his plane and flies away?

Notice that all the links people are posting prominently feature photos of him pretending to help unload the truck for a few seconds? That ain't no accident my friend.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Good deeds do not need the attention of the camera lens. If you are looking for good deeds, I'd bet you should look at those that did not show up with a media crew.

I imagine he can't go anywhere without one following.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Trump helped. Nothing is gained by promoting not helping to our politicians.

Is it pandering for votes? So what? It was still a net gain for all involved. Can we focus on the things that actually hurt people? There's a lot of them, Trump certainly isn't lacking for such.

This just isn't one of them. Personally I'd love it if politicians went all over the nation helping people to build up support rather than finding what mud they can sling at their opponents wouldn't you?

I say we need to encourage this on all sides.

Can you imagine if politicians competed to see who could help the most people, # ya! Now that's the kind of pandering for votes I want to see.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So what democrats have showed up? Even the MSM has been pretty mum on the situation.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: In4ormant

I'm not so cynical that I don't believe that people do good things without ulterior motives (most people do them for all the right reasons in fact) but I'm not so oblivious that I can't see a stunt when I see one and this is clearly a stunt.

What do you call it when he strolls up, pretends to help unload the truck so that pictures can be taken and then walks back to his plane and flies away?

Notice that all the links people are posting prominently feature photos of him pretending to help unload the truck for a few seconds? That ain't no accident my friend.

I call it a win for those people down there.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Even the MSM has been pretty mum on the situation.

That's the dead give away on how well Trump's effort for Louisiana has gone down with the people there and across the country.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
One truck is a publicity stunt- pure and simple.

Let's see what Trump Pense does to make a real difference ... Which would be supporting the massive Federal expenditures that will make a difference in the real long term.

I'm willing to wait.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Let's step back in time...

web.archive.org...://www.hillaryclinton.com/files/audio/HRCscinv.mp3

It was ok back then to rip the GOP candidate due to his response to Katrina, now it's ok to pull a 180 and rip on the current GOP candidate for actually showing up?

Bizarro world...

it's a wayback link that give's me fits.... I think you can see the address if you quote my post... rassin frassin

Found a transcript of the radio ad for those who couldn't listen..

www.gwu.edu...

(Male )Announcer: Hillary Clinton has spent her life standing up for people others don’t see.

Clinton: Too many Americans today feel as though they are invisible... If you are a child in a crumbling school along the Corridor of Shame, you ARE invisible to this president.

Announcer: Thirty-five years as a tireless advocate for children and families…

Clinton: If you’re a mother without health care, a father without a job, a family that can’t get by on the minimum wage... you’re invisible as well.

Announcer: Time and again, Hillary Clinton has stood up to President Bush…stood up for us.

Clinton: And if you’re stuck on a rooftop or stranded in the Superdome during a hurricane you’re invisible to this president even when you’re on CNN. [applause]

Well, you are not invisible to me, and you should never be invisible to the president of the United States.

Announcer: Hillary Clinton. If you’re ready for change. She’s ready to lead. Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President.

Clinton: I’m Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.

edit on Sun, 21 Aug 2016 20:19:41 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun, 21 Aug 2016 20:26:00 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: add information

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
One truck is a publicity stunt- pure and simple.

Let's see what Trump Pense does to make a real difference ... Which would be supporting the massive Federal expenditures that will make a difference in the real long term.

I'm willing to wait.

And a 100k........but who's counting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join