It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Ignorant Pitch to Black Voters

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: LSU0408

Worst case scenario? No the worst case scenario is if they flip sides and the Republicans turn out to be FAR worse than the Democrats ever were for them. THAT'S the worst case scenario.

How could it get any worse? Trump wants to make them independent so they can form their own opinion without being told what to think. Things could only get better voting Republican.

How can it get worse? Is this a real question? Considering blacks had it MUCH MUCH MUCH worse when they first entered the country, I'm sure they know all about how worse things can get.

So you can't answer it. You should have just kept scrolling.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's the same thing you just got done doing -- No they fear the Republicans will be worse than any Democrat. It is basically what you just said.

Face it. Fear is what you are working on with that argument you stated. None of that moving the goalposts. We aren't arguing the rest of it.

No. It isn't. Like I said. Democrats have actually identified parts of the black community that are causing them problems and are addressing things to help them. Things like racist policing. At NO point are Democrats pointing at Republicans and saying they are poison to blacks though for not helping them. THAT is the difference that you refuse to see.

It was increased law enforcement for the areas with higher crime which, according to Hillary Clinton in 1996, consisted mainly of black youths, or super predators. You're basically saying that democrats are offering solutions to problems they created.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Uh... Trump's tax plan doesn't include more taxes for the rich. Where did you read that?
Donald Trump’s new tax plan could have a big winner: Donald Trump’s companies

Trump’s plan would dramatically reduce taxes on what is known in tax circles as “pass-through” entities, which do not pay corporate income taxes, but whose owners are taxed at individual rates on their share of profits. Those entities are the most common structure for small businesses and increasingly popular for larger ones as well. They are also a cornerstone of the Trump Organization. On his 2015 presidential financial disclosure report, Trump listed holdings of more than 200 limited liability corporations, which is a form of pass-through.

There is no indication that Trump designed his tax plan to benefit his own companies. “It wasn’t something we took into consideration when we made this plan,” Trump economic policy adviser Stephen Moore said.

Still, the provision highlights the tensions between Trump’s policy proposals and his personal financial interests. He would also benefit from his proposals to cut top income tax rates and eliminate federal taxes on inherited wealth, which now are imposed when a couple has more than $10.9 million in assets. Other wealthy candidates advocating for tax cuts similarly benefit from those types of proposals.

"It’s a really nice deal” for Trump and pass-through owners like him, said Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

Either way, it's still less taxes for me... Does his tax plan negatively effect you?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh, my gosh, you didn't, you are insulting me now for telling the truth? I can only laugh my hart out, then I am going to feel offended and yes, are you been racist against PRican? now.

Lord have mercy, the Clintonites are out for the kill, then they dare to call Trump Racist darn I am truly offended now as a Puerto Rican.

BTW I left PuertoRico back in 1981 I am still laughing at your post and then feeling offended.

edit on 22-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Let me see if I can explain with an analogy.

Let's say Trump was courting the female vote instead of the black vote. He has been invited to speak to The League of Women Voters, The National Organization for Women and The National Association of Women Business Owners, but has ignored or refused all invitations. When he starts tanking in the polls, he comes up with a speech supposedly tailored to women and gives said speech at five rallies, all with 90%+ male audience.

His speech goes something like this:

"No group in America has been more harmed by Hillary Clinton's policies than women," he said, "No group. No group. If Hillary Clinton's goal was to inflict pain on women, she could not have done a better job. It is a disgrace."

Notice he fails to say just how Clinton has been involved in making policy OR how those alleged policies have hurt women. In fact, liberal policies have helped women quite a bit.

He goes on...

"Look at how much women are suffering from Democratic control. "It's difficult today to find a man to marry you. And when you finally find Mr. Right, he's always watching sports and you know nothing about sports! You prefer to stay home and raise babies, yet you have to get a part-time job to supplement your husband's salary. Your periods make you angry, the price of makeup is on the rise, and 50% of you don't have a man to take care of you! What the hell do you have to lose?"

Now, if you think "He's 100% correct" with his pitch to women, how do you think most women will view his condescending, assumptive outreach?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is silly...but they are. That mentality ia still there with many blacks. They have been raised to hate whites like the same ignorant white families who are raised to hate blacks. They both blame the other for their problems but sure as hell do not mind cashing a check every month. Lazy.

Difference is...poor blacks will vote. Poor white generally do not. They are the ones who want to blame and blame and blame and claim that 'white privilege' I hear about.

However, when the poor white of the US come out to vote for a white candidate they are considered racist and backward. The MSM makes sure to find the one asswipe with the White Power shirt.

The mere fact he is trying to reach out. He is having meeting with urban leaders shows he wants to see if there are changes that could be made. He will become more complacent to some of his views that the DNC will show as flip flopping but it is actually conforming to the will of the people and THAT is what a good president does.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If Donny swallowed wrong and left this planet forever we'd still be left with the mess he's tapped into

I don't even care what he is or isn't up to anymore... The whole thing feels off and stinks of collusion. His supporters will still be here next election

I can only hope that someone decent steps up to be an actual conservative candidate, who is willing to unite people instead of work hard to divide them - the last thing we need is another POSER who doesn't really believe in ANYTHING, but will say whatever he thinks will get more applause.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
and THIS is why the DNC sucks...listen to their media outlets..this is how they explain that Trump is wrong.

Consider: Black Americans are not "living in poverty" as a general rule. A quarter of the black population is, according to data from the Kaiser Family Foundation, about the same as the percentage of Hispanics. In Michigan, the figure is slightly higher. Most black Americans don't live in poverty, just as most white Americans don't.

One in Four live in Poverty. It is 2016. One in 10 Whites. LIES. Something for them needs to change especially in the larger urban areas...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
At least Trump didn't speak with a negro dialect and pull some hot sauce out of his pocket. He's not afraid to be wrong and willing to speak his truth, political correctness be-damned. It's admirable IMO.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

OK, yes, but how, exactly? What is he going to DO to improve the situation?

Write him a Letter and ask Mr. Trump himself . What am I , a Freakin' Mind Reader ?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I meant to say BADLY RUN. Sorry. Detroits a mess as a good example.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lanisius
At least Trump didn't speak with a negro dialect and pull some hot sauce out of his pocket. He's not afraid to be wrong and willing to speak his truth, political correctness be-damned. It's admirable IMO.

First real truth spoken to the community since MLK.

I would like to hear their response.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

My guess, is that he was simply thinking of his safety. I mean, come on...a white man, and Trump on top of that, walking into a lair of black people? With BLM indistinguishable from anyone else there? That would have been his assassination.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Because voting democrat has worked so well for the past 60 years.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country,

My my

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Oh, my gosh, you didn't, you are insulting me now for telling the truth? I can only laugh my hart out, then I am going to feel offended and yes, are you been racist against PRican? now.

Lord have mercy, the Clintonites are out for the kill, then they dare to call Trump Racist darn I am truly offended now as a Puerto Rican.

BTW I left PuertoRico back in 1981 I am still laughing at your post and then feeling offended.

Huh, I thought you were Mexican. I knew you came to the states from somewhere else, just assumed from Mexico. My bad. No apologies for the butthurt, though, my point stands. Welfare Island gets a heavy hand-out.

Quick edit: Oh, and did anyone else know that apparently in Puerto Rico, not speaking English can be classified as a disability & get you the aforementioned SSDI? How the hell does this even fly? Blacks & slack-jawed whites certainly can't get disability for a crappy hard-to-understand dialect, but Puerto Ricans can get it for not bothering to learn English?? Seriously?!

I'm very curious to know what the government doles out per recipient there versus per recipient in the States themselves. Anyone know where I could find stats like that?
edit on 8/23/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

This what you said, that i called out as being so wrong, and it is.

How many years have the African americans been voting democrat? Almost since they could vote. And How many Promises have they kept to them? Id say about 2-3 percent. just enough to keep stringing them on.

I'd say more than 2-3% and black folks have been voting for awhile and voting democrat is only recent. Your just going off of what you've been told instead of actually reading up on it. Here's a hint, Fredrick Douglas is (or was since his no longer with us) a Republican. But that was back when the parties are the opposite of what they are now.

Democrats keep the african americans in poverty and in a state of hopelessness. the cities they run are perfect examples. so no Im not wrong.

Once again you are wrong, a lot of democratic cities are broke but then again, you have Republican run areas that are just as poor. Blaming democrat or republican is just idiotic, they are the same group of people.

What you are doing is simply going off of stereotypes and what you've heard what other people say.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Uh... Trump's tax plan doesn't include more taxes for the rich. Where did you read that?
Donald Trump’s new tax plan could have a big winner: Donald Trump’s companies

Trump’s plan would dramatically reduce taxes on what is known in tax circles as “pass-through” entities, which do not pay corporate income taxes, but whose owners are taxed at individual rates on their share of profits. Those entities are the most common structure for small businesses and increasingly popular for larger ones as well. They are also a cornerstone of the Trump Organization. On his 2015 presidential financial disclosure report, Trump listed holdings of more than 200 limited liability corporations, which is a form of pass-through.

There is no indication that Trump designed his tax plan to benefit his own companies. “It wasn’t something we took into consideration when we made this plan,” Trump economic policy adviser Stephen Moore said.

Still, the provision highlights the tensions between Trump’s policy proposals and his personal financial interests. He would also benefit from his proposals to cut top income tax rates and eliminate federal taxes on inherited wealth, which now are imposed when a couple has more than $10.9 million in assets. Other wealthy candidates advocating for tax cuts similarly benefit from those types of proposals.

"It’s a really nice deal” for Trump and pass-through owners like him, said Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

Either way, it's still less taxes for me... Does his tax plan negatively effect you?

It's geared towards drastically increasing the debt. I thought that was something y'all hated about Obama?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

You hate Puerto Rico that bad? and still you have no idea what is going on in the Island at all, my entire close family and my husbands are living in the Island They all hold jobs and doing great, one thing is the government been bankrupted and the other one the many illegals from neighboring Islands that are invading the Puerto Rico sucking up resources.

I guess you have more fun bashing Puerto Rico than Trump, because you think it will hurt me, no so, no so, actually I am amused.

BTW most people in Puerto Rico speak English, the Island depend heavily in Tourism so everywhere you go somebody will be speaking English to you, I don't live in PR but still visit often my family.

I am amazed, that bad hum, or is just a distraction from the Clinton dirty laundry exposure, either that or you want me to be so upset that I will insult you to the point of banning, trust me I have been in this board long enough to grow a crocodile skin.

BTW I am sure that Trump has grown a thick skin too, Hillary she is just crazy.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: yuppa

This what you said, that i called out as being so wrong, and it is.

How many years have the African americans been voting democrat? Almost since they could vote. And How many Promises have they kept to them? Id say about 2-3 percent. just enough to keep stringing them on.

I'd say more than 2-3% and black folks have been voting for awhile and voting democrat is only recent. Your just going off of what you've been told instead of actually reading up on it. Here's a hint, Fredrick Douglas is (or was since his no longer with us) a Republican. But that was back when the parties are the opposite of what they are now.

Democrats keep the african americans in poverty and in a state of hopelessness. the cities they run are perfect examples. so no Im not wrong.

Once again you are wrong, a lot of democratic cities are broke but then again, you have Republican run areas that are just as poor. Blaming democrat or republican is just idiotic, they are the same group of people.

What you are doing is simply going off of stereotypes and what you've heard what other people say.

Oh so My WORDING wasnt CLEAR ENOUGH TO YOU SPECIFICALLY. The 2-3 percent was PROMISES KEPT TO BLACK AMERICANS. Do you understand now? Point was They have been voting democrat for 60 years or so and STILL HAVE GOTTEN NO WHERE.

And No im not going off sterotypes i live in SC and see the crap all the time. I also DIDNT SAY IT WAS JUST DEMOCRATS. I didnt include republicans because we all know they suck just as hard so its a given.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join