It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Ignorant Pitch to Black Voters

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

Here's the thing: If I can live a comfortable life on less money than the national average, what does it matter? Basically, that is the point.

If the person living on the national average income move to Baltimore and needs to pull in almost $20K more per year in order to just break even in lifestyle, but at the same time aren't likely to do that because of employment patterns ... what's the point of making a lot more money than you are currently if you are actually having less disposable income for you family?!

Who in their right mind does that?

But it does pad national stats like rich state/poor state.

The national stats might change more then.

But, they don't - - not significantly in any way that brings the red states out of ALL the bottom areas of poverty, education, health, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LSU0408

Worst case scenario? No the worst case scenario is if they flip sides and the Republicans turn out to be FAR worse than the Democrats ever were for them. THAT'S the worst case scenario.

But that's an easy worse case scenario to make with any politician no matter the party.

You're simply arguing based on pure fear with nothing to back it.

No that's what Donald Trump and the Republicans are doing. "Fear the Democrats and their policies! They are destroying you!" Yet they offer no counter solutions on how they are going to fix these things.

Meanwhile the Democrats actually point out areas of the black community that there are problems and then present solutions that could help them. Sure, not all work, but at least Democrats have a PLAN to help them instead of just pointing a finger at the other side and declaring them incompetent.
edit on 22-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What I find funny is that it is Rich college educated people who vote more for the DNC in polling. It is also the poorer minorities that do also. Who they do not cater to or address is the Middle Class.

This is where you GOP voter is coming from this year white or black or hispanic. HIs message is on target. He is saying I can do better. With women, that is the media and a lot of people wanting the first women POTUS. Just like the first black president. They, the DNC, pander to the group that can help them get elected. Once in office lots of spending and higher taxes...for the middle class.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's the same thing you just got done doing -- No they fear the Republicans will be worse than any Democrat. It is basically what you just said.

Face it. Fear is what you are working on with that argument you stated. None of that moving the goalposts. We aren't arguing the rest of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

What I find funny is that it is Rich college educated people who vote more for the DNC in polling. It is also the poorer minorities that do also. Who they do not cater to or address is the Middle Class.

This is where you GOP voter is coming from this year white or black or hispanic. HIs message is on target. He is saying I can do better. With women, that is the media and a lot of people wanting the first women POTUS. Just like the first black president. They, the DNC, pander to the group that can help them get elected. Once in office lots of spending and higher taxes...for the middle class.

Cloward-Piven!

Top down, bottom up. Kill the middle.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Politicians offer solutions for your vote. Not the other way around. If blacks are going to start voting for Republicans, the Republicans first need to reach out to them with solutions to their problems. That's how it works. Republicans aren't OWED the black vote just because. They need to work for it.

It sounds like YOU don't understand politics after reading your post here.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Uh-uh, we aren't arguing about all those other things. We are talking about poor states in terms of income, and I'm pointing out that living well depends on more than just gross income measure.

Now you are moving the goalposts to include a bunch of other stats.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It's the same thing you just got done doing -- No they fear the Republicans will be worse than any Democrat. It is basically what you just said.

Face it. Fear is what you are working on with that argument you stated. None of that moving the goalposts. We aren't arguing the rest of it.

No. It isn't. Like I said. Democrats have actually identified parts of the black community that are causing them problems and are addressing things to help them. Things like racist policing. At NO point are Democrats pointing at Republicans and saying they are poison to blacks though for not helping them. THAT is the difference that you refuse to see.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Worst case scenario? No the worst case scenario is if they flip sides and the Republicans turn out to be FAR worse than the Democrats ever were for them. THAT'S the worst case scenario.

How could it get any worse? Trump wants to make them independent so they can form their own opinion without being told what to think. Things could only get better voting Republican.

How can it get worse? Is this a real question? Considering blacks had it MUCH MUCH MUCH worse when they first entered the country, I'm sure they know all about how worse things can get.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Uh-uh, we aren't arguing about all those other things. We are talking about poor states in terms of income, and I'm pointing out that living well depends on more than just gross income measure.

Actually, I think there's a pretty wide range on this thread:

You're the one who chose to focus on a specific area.

edit on 22-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Man, you should call Mr Trump. I am sure he would pay millions for your advice. You have it all figured out.

All Republicans need to do is point out the Democrats and their policies. I usually use these two.

About 50 years ago a Democratic governor worked with the KKK to stop integration in his colleges. A Republican by the name of Martin Luther King spoke for equal rights.

So, the person you so admire? You are voting against who he knew was the better party. If a Republican governor was working with the KKK today it would be an outrage but...BLM has been to the White House...multiple times.

The black vote is used by the Democrats to stay in power. Trump was polling around 8% in early August and that was before he extended his reach.

What does ANY person have to lose? The last election this really came into play was 1980 and it is amazing the similarities.

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002016-08-22T15:06:53-05:000353 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Actually, I think there's a pretty wide range on this thread:

You're the one who chose to focus on a specific area.

So ... I'm the one who started with this claim and arguement?

9 out of 10 of the poorest states are RED states.

Please correct me is those are not your words. The gist of this sub conversation has not been whether or not your words are true, but why the label of "poor" in this case is somewhat misleading.

And when analysis was posted to show why that, in fact, is the case, you suddenly jumped from "poor" in terms of income to "poor" in terms of a variety of factors your original argument and link was not at all about.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The GOP made a concerted effort to get minorities into the Republican fold and they made some positive headway during "W" but they soon saw thru the BS and continued to favor the dembs. Obama solidified that move.

With Trumps promise to deport 8mil. Hispanics, the rest of the minorities saw that Trump is mainly appealing to racist white people and that scared them.

Trump has since backed down from that promise but it's much to late for that to save his election and now some even very conservative members see that Donald is just pandering, and doesn't mean anything he says.

His new "kinder and gentler approach" isn't working to win back moderates either.

And with out cross over moderates, Trump is gone. That's why I don't think he was ever all that serious about his campaign by mainly appealing to the Palin styled electorate.

Trump initially pulled me in last year when he made it known that he wanted to make Americans safe by sending illegal aliens home with the opportunity to come back to America the legal way. Claiming that's in anyway racist is a lame left wing talking point. They only brought that up when they saw his numbers soar. That has absolutely nothing to do with attracting a white supremacist, and ant white supremacist he attracted before will, or already has fallen off after he made his attempt to pull the black vote. It's insane how people still call him racist when he actively pursues the vote of those he and his supporting base supposedly hate, yet nobody has left him for it.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If Donny swallowed wrong and left this planet forever we'd still be left with the mess he's tapped into

I don't even care what he is or isn't up to anymore... The whole thing feels off and stinks of collusion. His supporters will still be here next election

Whatever it is he genuinely cares about - he's not going to say it out loud in public

But we know it's not poor people of any color, homeless folk, veterans, women or even the people lining up to have him sign their shirts and hats

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The Republican and Democrat parties of 50 years ago aren't the same parties they are today. Hell the Republican party of the 80's isn't the same as it is today. Bringing up those two anecdotes is completely irrelevant. Using your logic, I could go ahead and blame every white person living in the south for owning slaves because people in the south used to own slaves. See. Silly isn't it?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

They did not see through the BS. They voted for the black guy. Good for them. He 99% of the vote. 2012 he got 92%. I guess they are seeing through the DNC BS maybe?

What has happened is that when the Republicans try to appeal to minorities; they see thru the blatant pandering.

Be honest....the Republicans favor the wealthy not the American working man. It's not rocket science and that's why Donald will lose. It's why Romney lost, McCain, etc. Times have changed and the GOP has been completely unaware of what happened.

Etc? The last Republican to run before them two won back to back. The problem Romney and McCain faced is that they ran against a black guy that won by calling his opposers racists, and neither Romney nor McCain excited their base like Trump did. Democrats seem to forget that they just started winning presidential elections again 8 years ago. They also seem to forget that they lost control of Congress 2 years ago. Times haven't changed, the pendulum has been building momentum in the other direction since 2012... Why else would Hillary be rigging this election? It wasn't rigged just to beat Bernie.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

How could it get any worse? Trump wants to make them independent so they can form their own opinion without being told what to think. Things could only get better voting Republican.

You don't give the minorities much credit do you. They can think on their own and they can see that the GOP will continue to favor the wealthy just like they always have. And having an arrogant uber wealthy business man as the Republican standard bearer won't appeal to them.

He also doesn't appeal to most women, millennials, or working poor. Trump needs to change his strategy.....and fast.

So what's Hillary's strategy? She's against everything she's for... The wage gap, the poor blacks. Hillary only listens to what you have to say if you throw money at her or shove a camera in her face. What's she going to do for poor blacks? Trump wants to tax us less and tax the rich, which includes himself, more. Hillary just wants your money. Prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Uh... Trump's tax plan doesn't include more taxes for the rich. Where did you read that?
Donald Trump’s new tax plan could have a big winner: Donald Trump’s companies

Trump’s plan would dramatically reduce taxes on what is known in tax circles as “pass-through” entities, which do not pay corporate income taxes, but whose owners are taxed at individual rates on their share of profits. Those entities are the most common structure for small businesses and increasingly popular for larger ones as well. They are also a cornerstone of the Trump Organization. On his 2015 presidential financial disclosure report, Trump listed holdings of more than 200 limited liability corporations, which is a form of pass-through.

There is no indication that Trump designed his tax plan to benefit his own companies. “It wasn’t something we took into consideration when we made this plan,” Trump economic policy adviser Stephen Moore said.

Still, the provision highlights the tensions between Trump’s policy proposals and his personal financial interests. He would also benefit from his proposals to cut top income tax rates and eliminate federal taxes on inherited wealth, which now are imposed when a couple has more than $10.9 million in assets. Other wealthy candidates advocating for tax cuts similarly benefit from those types of proposals.

"It’s a really nice deal” for Trump and pass-through owners like him, said Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

But that's an easy worse case scenario to make with any politician no matter the party.

You're simply arguing based on pure fear with nothing to back it.

No that's what Donald Trump and the Republicans are doing. "Fear the Democrats and their policies! They are destroying you!" Yet they offer no counter solutions on how they are going to fix these things.

Meanwhile the Democrats actually point out areas of the black community that there are problems and then present solutions that could help them. Sure, not all work, but at least Democrats have a PLAN to help them instead of just pointing a finger at the other side and declaring them incompetent.

I assume you can name these problems the dems point out, and the solutions they present?

Lol @ saying the dems don't point at the other side and declare them incompetent. That's been the entire democratic talking point this election season, besides calling us racists, bigots, and white supremacists for supporting Trump.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

Politicians offer solutions for your vote. Not the other way around. If blacks are going to start voting for Republicans, the Republicans first need to reach out to them with solutions to their problems. That's how it works. Republicans aren't OWED the black vote just because. They need to work for it.

It sounds like YOU don't understand politics after reading your post here.

Like Trump did, and the democrats still bash him for it and call him desperate.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join