It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Ignorant Pitch to Black Voters

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Its funny though...income to the government went UP when taxes were cut before. how does that work?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If you are black and you like what the democrats have done for you so far, go for it, pull the lever for the big D. But if you look at America as a whole and see that you are suffering at being left behind and left out, used for your vote only to be tossed to the curbside and given lip service every four years. If you see high crime and lack of a good job, If you see poor neighborhoods and failing schools; if you see at the head of your local governments democrats who seem to be living high, and you see the problem is not you but it is with them who promised you everything and gave you nothing, then vote differently this time. Vote for real change that counts. Vote for Donald Trump. Trump is right, you have nothing to lose but everything to gain. because you can't lose what you already don't have, but you can have what you never did by choosing a new way and a new hope.

edit on 23-8-2016 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Its funny though...income to the government went UP when taxes were cut before. how does that work?

First, got a source for that claim? Second, just because that happened in the past doesn't mean that this policy proposal will make the same thing happen too.
edit on 23-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

First, got a source for that claim? Second, just because that happened in the past doesn't mean that this policy proposal will make the same thing happen too.

It is called the Laffer Curve. Look it up...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

That isn't a source for what yuppa claimed. I'm expecting real world data showing government income going up after taxes went down, not theoretical models.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Aren't all of Trump's pitches ignorant?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That isn't a source for what yuppa claimed. I'm expecting real world data showing government income going up after taxes went down, not theoretical models.

Do your own homework... takes all of 10 seconds. The Laffer Curve is the theory and it has been observed. Yes, it gets debated but good grief man, do you even try to read any information that does not follow your ideology?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

federalsafetynet.com...

Read and weep: 75% of black Americans do NOT live in poverty. 90% of whites do NOT live in poverty. There are literally twice as many whites living in poverty in the US than there are blacks (20 million and 10 million respectively).

He is pandering to public opinion of the worst possible kind. The ignorant opinions of uneducated morons who can't even count to 25 without inverting all the numbers and coming out even more confused than they were before they started.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I see you ignored what I said. Ok well we are done talking then.

PS: I don't prove other people's points. If they are too lazy to prove them then I don't care what they have to say.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Effect of regean tax cuts

read this page. Shows a increase.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Trump's Ignorant Pitch to Black Voters

Apparently Trumps pitch blew up in his face with Black voters.

www.washingtonpost.com...

nymag.com...

Trumps campaign staff must be a bunch of morons to think you appeal to Black voters by speaking to a white audience.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Effect of regean tax cuts

read this page. Shows a increase.

Thank you. This is all I asked for. It seriously irritates me when people get offended when I demand sources for their claims and tell me to look them up (this isn't directed at you btw). I just want the data you are looking at to form your opinions. That's all.

Though, it should be noted that your source is making this point:

Hence, what evidence there is suggests there to be a correlation between lower taxes and LOWER revenues, not HIGHER revenues as suggested by supply-siders. There may well be valid arguments in favor of tax cuts. But higher tax revenues does not appear to be one of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

1 in 4 lives in poverty and I am sure 2 in 4 live paycheck to paycheck as the new 'middle class'. Look at 4 of your friends. One of you would be living in poverty if black. That is horrible.

20% of the US receives public assistance. 50 million people
Since 2009 welfare programs have increased
in 2012 42% of Black Families got some kind of assistance.

This means, based on the above. 21 million blacks are on some type of assistance. In 2012 there were 35 million blacks in AMerica. That means 2 in 3 receive assistance.

Tell me know how they, as well as the rest of the country, are doing better.

www.census.gov...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

No problem Krazy.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah, that article was pretty good. I liked this racist line by the author.

and thus at the honkified end of the spectrum in one of America’s most racially polarized metropolitan areas.

Honkeys huh? Have not heard this one since 70's sitcoms.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Nyiah

You hate Puerto Rico that bad? and still you have no idea what is going on in the Island at all, my entire close family and my husbands are living in the Island They all hold jobs and doing great, one thing is the government been bankrupted and the other one the many illegals from neighboring Islands that are invading the Puerto Rico sucking up resources.

I guess you have more fun bashing Puerto Rico than Trump, because you think it will hurt me, no so, no so, actually I am amused.

BTW most people in Puerto Rico speak English, the Island depend heavily in Tourism so everywhere you go somebody will be speaking English to you, I don't live in PR but still visit often my family.

I am amazed, that bad hum, or is just a distraction from the Clinton dirty laundry exposure, either that or you want me to be so upset that I will insult you to the point of banning, trust me I have been in this board long enough to grow a crocodile skin.

BTW I am sure that Trump has grown a thick skin too, Hillary she is just crazy.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
I don't give a rat's ass about your specific heritage, it's not important in this context. Get over yourself & do quit screaming about suddenly having a light shone on public assistance use (and in some cases, abuse of it) in a territory everyone forgets about until their cruise has a port of call there, ok?

The entire point of checking into our territories' use of PA (of which PR is the only one that GETS any search returns) & resulting statistics is to compare residents there to other groups on the mainland to try to gain a better perspective of where federal money is going, and if it's going elsewhere in greater amounts per capita & if so, why. I'd include all of our other territories in this, but the only other one that comes up in my searches is American Samoa, and it's relating to the fact that they don't qualify for SSI there. The best I can find is participation stats for things like SNAP and cash assistance only included the States & PR, these don't list further demographic breakdowns. They do certainly show where a significantly greater percentage of people are using them, though.

I have to assume that for the rest of the territories, there either is no easily available records out here, or they don't qualify for these federal programs for one reason or another. If anybody can help me suss that info out, great, otherwise, I give up on finding info for Guam, Northern Mariana Isl, etc.
edit on 8/23/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trumps campaign staff must be a bunch of morons to think you appeal to Black voters by speaking to a white audience.

I did just see that Mike Pence was in a barber shop getting a haircut by a black man in Philadelphia... I'm sure he set it up as a photo op, but I don't hold that against him... At least he's making SOME kind of effort to actually reach out to black people, instead of USING them to get back the white votes he's recently lost.

From the article you linked:

Trump’s fundamental pitch to African-Americans was the hoariest of all conservative cross-racial appeals: the “plantation” meme whereby black folk are scolded as suckers for supporting a Democratic Party interested only in their votes and in keeping them dependent on government.

Wow. I'm seeing that on practically every page of this thread!

This might have sounded a bit more sincere had Trump made any acknowledgement of his own party’s indifference and hostility to civil rights and voting rights and anti-poverty measures as one factor contributing to the extraordinary (and, in this campaign, almost unanimous) levels of African-American support for Democrats.

Yeah, the fact that black people vote Democratic FOR GOOD REASON doesn't come into the picture. They just want the freebies. :rolleyes:
edit on 8/23/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
My guess, is that he was simply thinking of his safety. I mean, come on...a white man, and Trump on top of that, walking into a lair of black people? With BLM indistinguishable from anyone else there? That would have been his assassination.

Ugh! a "lair"? Seriously? You're not making any generalizations or stereotyping at all there, are you?

originally posted by: TownCryer
Aren't all of Trump's pitches ignorant?

Yeah, sadly most are. He is ignorant (lacking knowledge, information, or awareness) about a lot of things. What's concerning is that he THINKS he knows better than anyone else. About ISIS, about Islam, about black people. You name it. He knows more.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Trump is exactly right with his message toward black folks "WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?" - He is RIGHT. Obama/Hillary have failed the black community over and over again. Especially in the inner cities. Its time for a change and Trump will BRING change. BIG change. If black folks want the status quo and the same ole same ole, then yeah, vote for Hillary. I'm sure Chicagostan will be cleaned up ASAP with Hillary in office........................................

I also bet that Flint will be cleaned up as well with Hillary

At least with Donald, its something new. When the same ole isn't working, you need to change to something new to at least see if it'll work if nothing else!
edit on 24-8-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join