It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to introduce immigration plan, including Amnesty for millions of immigrants.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Trump shills should get a bonus if they can somehow spin his recurring 180s on stances. It must be a tough job for them not knowing which stance they are supposed to take. lol

If you don't have anything useful to add , just resort to name-calling.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I didn't call anyone names. Seems like you feel that was directed at you.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm a big Trump supporter, part Hispanic heritage.

They claim 11 million, I'm willing to bet the number is 3 times that, so 33 million, like it was 3 times higher than the Reagan administration estimated.

If he gives them all amnesty I'm done with campaigning for him. We want them out, it's not fair that they come in, and people who try to come in legally can not.

I'll still vote for him, but I'll lose all enthusiasm.

There doesn't need to be deportation teams, they'll eventually all be deported over time. It's not inhumane either, every single one of them knew that was a strong possibility before they snuck in ILLEGALLY.

GET THEM OUT.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Haven't Trumps campaign said the story is fake?
He is going through his plans in a speech on Thursday i believe, so we'll find out.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I'm not sure what you think that that deficit report shows or why it means that Mexico would pay for a wall.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

But, Donald Trump DOES represent a new and REFRESHING brand of leadership.. so who knows.

How does changing your stance on a position every time the political winds change direction equal "REFRESHING"?

Seriously?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I rarely believe anything CNN says but they just reported the story appears to be false.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I dont understand how building a wall and dealing with those that are already here are mutuality exclusive ideas.

Granted I don't listen to everything Trump says for obvious reasons but had he once said he planned deport 11 million illegal immigrants and now has changed his stance? Or where his detractors only assuming he would do that?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I dont understand how building a wall and dealing with those that are already here are mutuality exclusive ideas.

They are far from exclusive.

First give amnesty to all who jumped the walls then he will hire them to build taller walls.

The ladder companies will certainly see a boom.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I hope one president, either President Trump or the one after him.. drags all the media execs that are presenting absolutely bogus news knowing full well they're lies... and puts a bullet in the back of their head.

Sends a message that if you want to lie to the public for your own interests you will be removed.

... ok maybe a bullet to the back of the head is a bit harsh, but removal from the position and punishment via the legal system.. i would be satisfied with that.

too many people believe the tripe that the tv says and it is starting to affect things very badly.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Also, shame on you guys for believing this crap and then arguing it.

As for Trumps ' make mexico pay for it '

he has already stated he will do this via the trade deficit with Mexico

The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with Mexico was -$49.2 billion in 2015. Mexico is currently our 3rd largest goods trading partner with $531 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2015. Goods exports totaled $236 billion; goods imports totaled $295 billion.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That shows numbers but not the how?

It's not like trade only happens government to government.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

originally posted by: MrSpad

Already the Hillary lap-dogs are foaming at the mouth. Nothing has been announced, nobody even knows what's included in the "plan" if there is one, but there's a mention of possibly Trump allowing amnesty for some. I agree with the other posters who say that if anything it's probably to allow LAW ABIDING families, meaning those who aren't running drugs, committing violence, etc., to gain a pathway to remain if they can be properly vetted and maybe even learn to speak English ?!?

That would dovetail seamlessly with Donald Trump's message from the beginning. The people who call him racist are totally ignorant about the issues and about the man himself. They are too busy being brainwashed by the mainstream media and being used as tools by the Globalists.

I can't imagine anybody with common sense Not voting for Donald Trump.

No that would the same platform that has been in place for all Presidents since Reagan all the way through Obama. The very policy that Trump has made the cornerstone of his campaign opposing. Frankly I do not buy it. It would make his base lose it mind that he was basically saying Clinton has the right idea forget all that stuff I said before. And it will just come off as pandering to Latinos who would see it as a desperate move by a floundering campaign. The again who knows he could just deny he ever said anything about building a wall. He does that stuff all the time. He thinks people are idiots an unable to find his exact words from before. Maybe he does not know about Google.

Well today I watched his rally in Virginia and he said today that Yes We are building the wall and Yes Mexico is going to pay for it. Trump can soften a little about allowing Mexicans who are already here and trying to better themselves. Come January people will still come in but they will do so legally. The wall is going to be built and anyone who wants to come in will do it legally. We have borders for a reason. Or maybe we should just erase the border, huh?

Considering that most illegals come in by plane with visas a wall is not only a waste of money but, just plain stupid. And Congress will never fund it. So we know the wall will never exist. Not to mention you can go over it or dig under it like the do the current fences. It is kind of like an idea a 9 year old would come up being clueless about the reality of it. I sure hope nobody in Mexico knows they could just go to the coast and hire a boat to sail them to the coast instead of paying to cross the land border. So of course we know the wall is a boondoggle that will never exist. Trump knows it and would just say well I wanted to build it but, Congress would pay for it. And of course Mexico will not pay for it, I do not think even Trumps most naive supporters believe that.

This entire thing is Trump testing the waters to see if he can do a reverse on immigration. Leak a policy change, deny it then today his people are saying TBD. As in we are waiting for some internal polling to see if a change would effect the people Trump needs to win over to get elected and how upset his base will be. Desperate times call for desperate measure, Trumps know his only chance is to throw out his entire platform and pivot. He knows it, said he would not do it and now is.

Our annual trade deficit with Mexico is about 6 Billion Dollars. (2015 report from census.gov) In that light, it's entirely possible for Mexico to pay for the wall. And yes the wall is going to be built.
Our companies are moving to Mexico. Cheap labor and less regulation. Ask the former employees of Carrier Air Conditioning how they feel about it. Meanwhile illegals are flooding across the border. Not just coming in by planes. Mexican illegals come across the border by land. The Border Patrol supports Trump. The Border Patrol says we need a wall. We have sanctuary cities that give free aid, food stamps, and government benefits which puts a drain on our system. We have a 20 Trillion Dollar national debt. What are we going to leave our grandchildren with? As it is, the economy could collapse any day. And we keep bending over to other countries and taking it. It's time to put an end to sanctuary cities, time to allow Legal immigration and a path to citizenship. Not an automatic handout if you can swim across the Rio Grande.

How do you equate the trade deficit with Mexico paying for the wall? Trade is conducted between private companies not governments. Mexico is heavy in debt. It can not afford to build roads and schools and it would never be able to fund a wall even if it wanted to. This would be like Australia trying to get the US to pay for something because the US companies have a trade surplus with it. One has nothing to do with the other. Mexico is not paying for a wall and Trump will never build one because experts will tell him no only is it an expensive idea it is also a stupid one.

The only way to stop illegals is to go after people who reward them for coming here with jobs. People like Trump. Throw him and every other CEO that has a company the hires illegals and then you have something. We might have some food shortages but, it would get the job done.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
(in response to Grimachi or Grimpachi or whatever the name is)
So calling someone a "shill" isn't name-calling? And then without providing any substance to the topic. Please explain. Actually never mind lol. I have plenty of other things to do besides argue here. Tired of it already. I'll channel my opinions in a positive direction.

edit on 8 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Already the Hillary lap-dogs are foaming at the mouth. Nothing has been announced, nobody even knows what's included in the "plan" if there is one, but there's a mention of possibly Trump allowing amnesty for some. I agree with the other posters who say that if anything it's probably to allow LAW ABIDING families, meaning those who aren't running drugs, committing violence, etc., to gain a pathway to remain if they can be properly vetted and maybe even learn to speak English ?!?

That would dovetail seamlessly with Donald Trump's message from the beginning. The people who call him racist are totally ignorant about the issues and about the man himself. They are too busy being brainwashed by the mainstream media and being used as tools by the Globalists.

No that would the same platform that has been in place for all Presidents since Reagan all the way through Obama. The very policy that Trump has made the cornerstone of his campaign opposing. Frankly I do not buy it. It would make his base lose it mind that he was basically saying Clinton has the right idea forget all that stuff I said before. And it will just come off as pandering to Latinos who would see it as a desperate move by a floundering campaign. The again who knows he could just deny he ever said anything about building a wall. He does that stuff all the time. He thinks people are idiots an unable to find his exact words from before. Maybe he does not know about Google.

Well today I watched his rally in Virginia and he said today that Yes We are building the wall and Yes Mexico is going to pay for it. Trump can soften a little about allowing Mexicans who are already here and trying to better themselves. Come January people will still come in but they will do so legally. The wall is going to be built and anyone who wants to come in will do it legally. We have borders for a reason. Or maybe we should just erase the border, huh?

Considering that most illegals come in by plane with visas a wall is not only a waste of money but, just plain stupid. And Congress will never fund it. So we know the wall will never exist. Not to mention you can go over it or dig under it like the do the current fences. It is kind of like an idea a 9 year old would come up being clueless about the reality of it. I sure hope nobody in Mexico knows they could just go to the coast and hire a boat to sail them to the coast instead of paying to cross the land border. So of course we know the wall is a boondoggle that will never exist. Trump knows it and would just say well I wanted to build it but, Congress would pay for it. And of course Mexico will not pay for it, I do not think even Trumps most naive supporters believe that.

This entire thing is Trump testing the waters to see if he can do a reverse on immigration. Leak a policy change, deny it then today his people are saying TBD. As in we are waiting for some internal polling to see if a change would effect the people Trump needs to win over to get elected and how upset his base will be. Desperate times call for desperate measure, Trumps know his only chance is to throw out his entire platform and pivot. He knows it, said he would not do it and now is.

Our annual trade deficit with Mexico is about 6 Billion Dollars. (2015 report from census.gov) In that light, it's entirely possible for Mexico to pay for the wall. And yes the wall is going to be built.
Our companies are moving to Mexico. Cheap labor and less regulation. Ask the former employees of Carrier Air Conditioning how they feel about it. Meanwhile illegals are flooding across the border. Not just coming in by planes. Mexican illegals come across the border by land. The Border Patrol supports Trump. The Border Patrol says we need a wall. We have sanctuary cities that give free aid, food stamps, and government benefits which puts a drain on our system. We have a 20 Trillion Dollar national debt. What are we going to leave our grandchildren with? As it is, the economy could collapse any day. And we keep bending over to other countries and taking it. It's time to put an end to sanctuary cities, time to allow Legal immigration and a path to citizenship. Not an automatic handout if you can swim across the Rio Grande.

How do you equate the trade deficit with Mexico paying for the wall? Trade is conducted between private companies not governments. Mexico is heavy in debt. It can not afford to build roads and schools and it would never be able to fund a wall even if it wanted to. This would be like Australia trying to get the US to pay for something because the US companies have a trade surplus with it. One has nothing to do with the other. Mexico is not paying for a wall and Trump will never build one because experts will tell him no only is it an expensive idea it is also a stupid one.

The only way to stop illegals is to go after people who reward them for coming here with jobs. People like Trump. Throw him and every other CEO that has a company the hires illegals and then you have something. We might have some food shortages but, it would get the job done.

You are sadly uninformed in my opinion. I'm not going to argue with you any longer because no matter what your opinion is what it is and so is mine.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
considering this was false reporting, shouldnt it be in the hoax bin ?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

This has already been explained with more than one scheme detailed. One of the examples given was in relation to tariffs, which goes to the govt as a tax on imports. Quite how that would work is another matter, but it's not right to say that trade with Mexico could not be leveraged to increase govt income to pay for a wall. Woodrow Wilson would be spinning in his grave of course (which would be nice) and one might argue that increases in tariffs should be offset against lower income tax (which Trump is promising anyway). This would obviously mean the money is coming from American companies and not Mexico, but it's being leveraged off the trade with Mexico. It's more likely that the threat of tariffs would be used to force Mexico's hand to invest in border security.

Personally i think it unlikely a wall will be built - at least not a full wall across the border.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
considering this was false reporting, shouldnt it be in the hoax bin ?

After Thursday's speech, assuming it will be confirmed that there is no such amnesty deal, I hope this does hit the hoax bin. The hoax bin should actually be full to the brim with Trump hit pieces in fact.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Mexico can sell their goods to other countries if tariffs with the US get out of hand.

Besides, why would mexico invest in border security when the last 30 or so years have been laid out, include Canada for a three way, so that trade between both (all three) countries is tariff free?

Things are moving way deeper than you think.
edit on 22-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Flip Flop Flip Flop...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join