It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to introduce immigration plan, including Amnesty for millions of immigrants.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is breaking tonight but according to Univision, next week Donald Trump will unveil an immigration plan in Colorado which will include amnesty for millions of undocumented immigrants.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump plans to present an immigration plan in Colorado Thursday that will include legalizing millions of undocumented immigrants, according to three people present at a meeting the candidate attended Saturday with Hispanic leaders at Trump Tower in New York.

"I really liked that Trump acknowledged that there is a big problem with the 11 million [undocumented] people who are here, and that deporting them is neither possible nor humane,” said Jacob Monty, a Texas immigration lawyer who attended the meeting.

Univision

The article linked above is in English, if anyone wants to read it. Univision is very reliable when it comes to immigration news as they are the largest Spanish speaking media company in the U.S.

But this announcement is definitely out of left field.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice how a candidate's position on certain issues changes after an "intelligence briefing."

Remember how Obama went from "I'll bring all the troops home from Afghanistan" to "I'll leave it up to the commanders on the ground."

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

He's desperate for Latino voters! But, as with every other stance he's ever had, I'm sure in a week he'll flip flop on it because Trump is the King Hypocrite. He can't have his base possibly think he's gone soft like some kind of snowflake SJW!

Thanks Obama!

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Smoke and Mirrors. Shadows and Dust. Does anybody seriously think that Trump is anti-establishment??? This guy is a born elitist. He is besties with hill dog and the rest. Hes just here to ensure a Hillary victory.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I doubt anyone, myself included, who supports Trump in part because of Immigration, thinks anyone could feasibly deport 11million people. But, that's a great starting position, because when you compromise from that position you are much more likely to get something palatable to those who are anti current immigration policy. I'd much rather support someone who's starting position is: build a wall deport them all, than someone who's starting position is Amnesty for all. It's called making a deal.
edit on 20-8-2016 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's Univision so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

But it would be expensive and incredibly messy to try to arrest and deport all the illegal immigrants that are already in America. Why not introduce a program that vets immigrants and allows some of them without a criminal history to become citizens?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
In a perfect world, I would think Trump would take this opportunity to make the distinction between those illegal immigrants who have traveled here and worked their whole lives while not committing any violent crimes - and those illegal immigrants who repeatedly get deported for violent crimes related to narco terrorist drug cartels that are crippling our population with unprecedented amounts of meth & heroin.

There's a very fine line between the two. And yet no public figure, republican or democrat, has been able to use their airtime to adequately identify common sense immigration policy.

The same people who criticize Trump for being anti-latino will be the same people who call him a hypocrite this time around, you just can't win with them.

Just be patient and wait until it's released before hopping on the flip flop bandwagon. It may end up being something really beneficial to the honest immigrants who deserve a legal path to citizenship and in some cases amnesty.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I wonder how his die hard supporters will justify this?

Doesn't really matter, because it's totally ok to flip flop if you're the Donald.

Justifications in 3,2,1... Oh wait, they're already here.

edit on 20-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
From the Univision article:

The Republican candidate said that his main priority was how to handle the 11 million undocumented immigrants who are now in the country, the sources said.

“Trump is aware that he cannot deport 11 million people,” says Lola Zinke, wife of Ryan Zinke, a Republican congressman from Montana, who is a former Navy Seal.

Zinke, the daughter of a Peruvian, is a San Diego lawyer familiar with illegal immigration issues, who says she believes deportation is not the solution. “It doesn’t make sense to force undocumented [immigrants] to go back to their countries to regularize their situation. Trump himself mentioned a possible solution: let them do it at the embassies or consulates of their countries,” she said.

At first glance, that comes across as an almost reasonable stance. Much better than building a massive wall. The problem is it won't sit will with his base who view any attempt at amnesty or immigration reform with contempt.

The next couple of months are gonna be interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I doubt anything he says now will attract Latino voters or blacks for that matter. The damage has already been done.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Donald's new advisors advised him to do a 180 and he (probably reluctantly) agreed? Instead of deportation, Donald now is allowing illegal immigrants to call the USA their permanent home? This is hard to believe.

But, Donald Trump DOES represent a new and REFRESHING brand of leadership.. so who knows.

If true, I wonder how Hillary will respond? Probably with "I thought of this first Donald! It's my idea.. mine! mine! mine!". And then she'll go back to bed.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Swills

I doubt anything he says now will attract Latino voters or blacks for that matter. The damage has already been done.

I don't know why Black and Latinos are against Donald Trump. The Democratic party makes them (particularly African Americans) dependent on hand-outs. Trump enterprises employs and pays thousands of minorities. But that's a subject for another thread...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I told you guys Trump is getting the votes in order to actually bring back America! 😃
Now that millions of immigrants are (hopefully) getting amnesty for work education and spending, the economy could boost back up! Dont look at immigration as a bad thing but as a good.

A boost to the economy and legal workers! And Spenders! Don't forget those who forget to get tax credits!!

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Start from 7:53 and thats my view on this. End 9:20

edit on 20-8-2016 by WanderingNomadd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm fine with giving them options but not giving them a free pass. They need to pass the same criteria of those that came here the hard way. That is fair to everyone at this point. Give the X amount of time to do so otherwise deport them just like Germany is doing.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
I doubt anyone, myself included, who supports Trump in part because of Immigration, thinks anyone could feasibly deport 11million people. But, that's a great starting position, because when you compromise from that position you are much more likely to get something palatable to those who are anti current immigration policy. I'd much rather support someone who's starting position is: build a wall deport them all, than someone who's starting position is Amnesty for all. It's called making a deal.

Excellent point. I would suggest both. Build the wall and offer amnesty to a select quilified number of illegals. Not that deporting those 11 million illegals would be as hard as one might think, it could easily be done over say a five year period or so.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: jefwane

Excellent point. I would suggest both. Build the wall and offer amnesty to a select quilified number of illegals. Not that deporting those 11 million illegals would be as hard as one might think, it could easily be done over say a five year period or so.

How is it that MEXICO is going to pay for the wall? Donald Trump reiterated that again this past week. Has the method of coercion been divulged by him?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Weird, the usual 'Trump-etiers' haven't weighted in on it, aka deflect to $hillary' stance on the matter.

Its a smart move by trump's camp. Its evident its his new 'revamped ' staff whom are dragging him down from high crippling high horse.
Trump needs to start pandering 'a la' the Democrats if he hopes to defeat that she-devil.
edit on 21-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Wait what?

What's he going to do next? Announce plans to accept more Syrian refugees than Hillary would?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join