It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Releases Current Tax Return.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
deleted. not worth it.
edit on 12-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I think President Obama threw several presidential traditions Out the window. actually, I think Bill Clinton got the trend started by getting Hummers from Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office.

Care to cite some precedence? You know actually deny some ignorance or are we just playing the hyperbole and slander liberals game, as usual?

I mean you can't HONESTLY tell me that Bill Clinton getting a bj in the oval office was a new thing? I mean JFK... For real?
edit on 12-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OK...Trump pony up your returns!
Cheers

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I think President Obama threw several presidential traditions Out the window.

Like what exactly?

He showed his tax returns, he even showed his birth certificates...

So where is Trump's tax returns?
Where is Trump's birth certificates?

What is trump hiding?
edit on 12-8-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
WTH are you talking about? People move all the time. I've made conscious decisions not to move to certain cities and states based on cost of living alone. Why do you think so many blue hairs move to Florida? It isn't solely because of the weather.

My wife had a job opportunity in CA. We decided against it because even after the bump in pay, it was a net loss for us financially after factoring in increased state taxes and the absurd cost of living. It simply wasn't worth it.

Cities and states are forced to compete with each other to attract residents and businesses. Taxes, local government, schools, etc are all part of what people consider when relocating somewhere. Sure some people won't move, but that is their personal decision.

Not everyone is that mobile, 60% of everyone in the US lives in the same state they were born in, 40% live in the same city.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That was his EFFECTIVE rate, not the actual rate. Again, Gruber voters not understanding tax code and various forms of income. Very easy for the left to play off people's ignorance with sound bites stating some rich guy paid less effective rate.

Mitt Romney Taxes

Romney (and just about all politicians, especially those who are anti tax) frequently claim their tax bracket is their effective rate. It's a little white lie and it's costing them a lot of votes.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

This is the post I was responding to. The same standard applied to rich conservatives is not applied to rich liberals.

Really? I see it being applied. People wanted to see Hillary's taxes and she supplied them. It shows her effective rate, and it shows her donations which tells you what groups she's in bed with.

Are you scared of seeing what groups Trump likes to support? Or perhaps he doesn't support anyone, and his taxes will show zero charitable contributions.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yes in college. But statistics aren't needed to realize that ATS encompasses a cross-section of the country. Probably a wider cross-section than the FOX, CNN, etc.. polls. I call it common-sense. Please enlighten us on why you think ATS is too narrow of a sample.

Because ATS targets people who are either into conspiracies or extremely distrustful of power structures. By it's nature that heavily biases the sample towards the crowd who wants to strip power from the government.

ATS is not a good sample of the country.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I love how cnn is talking about how killary donated $1,042,000 to charity. But they leave out the part about $1,000,000 of that going directly to the clinton foundation. She donates money to herself, and writes it off as charity. I wonder what would happen if I did that too...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnObservation
Why is her rate 31%? Sorry if this has been covered but I haven't had time to sort through the whole thread yet and am curious.. considering my family is taxed at 33% compared to her 31% and they make nowhere near even 300k a year compared to her 10.6 million.. and shouldn't she haven been taxed at 39% anyway? www.irs.com...

Is this because of her donations to her own 'charity'? Seems rather unfair, tbh.

See my above post to the person about Romney (and many other politicians) conflating the issue with tax brackets and effective rates. In the US we have what's known as a progressive system, each dollar is taxed higher than the previous one. Basically this means that the amount you earn is taxed at different rates.

No offense to you, but I'm always astonished that people smart enough to earn salaries on the higher end aren't smart enough to figure this out.

Using the 2016 single rates
$0-$9,225 = 10%
$9,226-$37,450 = 15%
$37,451-$90,750 = 25%
$90,751-$189,300 = 28%
$189,301-$411,500 = 33%

So what that means is your first $9225 is taxed at 10%, the next $28,225 (which brings you to $37,450) is taxed at 15% and so on. So if you make 300k/year what you'll pay is
$922.50 for the first $9,225
$4,233.75 for the next $28,225
$13,325 for the next $53,300
$27,594 for the next $98,550
$36,531 on the last $110,700

All of that combined adds up to $82,606.25 which is an effective rate of 27.54%. Throw in some deductions and you'll get yourself down to around 22% on your federal tax.

Charitable donations count against your gross revenue. If you donate $1000 it's like you earned $299k rather than $300k. That reduces your taxes slightly but it's not a flat $1000 off of your tax bill. Where charitable donations actually run into a loophole is when you can donate a product that you bill as being worth $X but that's the market value of the product, not the cost to create it. For example, Hillary bills her speeches at $250,000 each. So she could donate a speech at $250,000 which can significantly offset income. This mostly gets abused with corporations though, where they can for example donate software worth $x million at their market rate, but the cost of production to the company was near zero because all they had to do was mail out some DVD's with the software on it, to people that wouldn't have bought it anyways (schools are a big target for this).

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I think President Obama threw several presidential traditions Out the window. actually, I think Bill Clinton got the trend started by getting Hummers from Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office.

Really? Because when I really think about it, I'm pretty sure that the Oval Office has seen more action than a brothel. What President wouldn't want to do it in there?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I wonder how much she had to hide to make paying 35% worth it.

Plus, with that amount of income, she has some crappy accountants.

Unless I'm missing something?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I love how cnn is talking about how killary donated $1,042,000 to charity. But they leave out the part about $1,000,000 of that going directly to the clinton foundation. She donates money to herself, and writes it off as charity. I wonder what would happen if I did that too...

She doesn't pay herself with that donated money. If you're really curious though you could always ask Trump. He charges his campaign rent to set up in Trump Tower, and he holds his events at Trump venues, where he charges his campaign a fee in order to have himself attend. He's probably going to be the only person in history to make a profit off of a campaign, and that's because he's pocketing the fees he's charged to host the events.

Maybe it's in his taxes.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

What is Trump hiding?

Hillary has released her Tax info.

But, of course, now we have to pick apart what Hillary released.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Probably not all that much. She mostly gets free travel, and after taxes/charity Bill/Hillary combined bring in about $5 million per year and their property is paid off (I think). That's enough to make her pretty comfortable.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Good grief!

This is just another anti-Trump hit piece.

Now then, Hillary's personal tax return was prepared knowing it would be released!

It is not going to have anything bad on it.

Now then, what I need to really check out this candidate would be ...

The ins and outs of the Clinton Foundation. That is where all of the scary stuff is.

But then, we won't see them because, the Foundation is a charitable affair and ...

It's for the children.

P

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Care to cite some precedence? You know actually deny some ignorance or are we just playing the hyperbole and slander liberals game, as usual?

I mean you can't HONESTLY tell me that Bill Clinton getting a bj in the oval office was a new thing? I mean JFK... For real?

I stand erected. oops.. I mean CORRECTED!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

This is just another anti-Trump hit piece.

Now then, Hillary's personal tax return was prepared knowing it would be released!

It is not going to have anything bad on it.

Now then, what I need to really check out this candidate would be ...

The ins and outs of the Clinton Foundation. That is where all of the scary stuff is.

What? Another deflection from Trump not releasing his taxes?

This much fear of Hillary becoming president is the real message.

What is Putin not saying? Why was only the DNC hacked and not the RNC too?

Hmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
What is this "successful" businessman so afraid of?

At this point he could come out and say "I don't want to President, this was all a joke" and still his shee... i mean supporters would back him.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

She doesn't pay herself with that donated money. If you're really curious though you could always ask Trump. He charges his campaign rent to set up in Trump Tower, and he holds his events at Trump venues, where he charges his campaign a fee in order to have himself attend. He's probably going to be the only person in history to make a profit off of a campaign, and that's because he's pocketing the fees he's charged to host the events.

Maybe it's in his taxes.

Yeah, and killary paid willie over $700k for "consulting"...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join