It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Memo: Strategy Was To Provide ‘SAFE SPACE’ For Voters Called ‘Bigots’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Indigo5

I thought engaging disenfranchised voters was a good thing... isn't that what we were told to learn from the Acorn fiasco?

Correct.
Acorn's mission was to mobilize minority voters.
Trump's campaign strategy was/is to mobilize people described as "racists" and "bigots"

You can discern what is and what is not a "good thing" for yourself.

Described by whom, though? We're in a cycle in which the media and a handful of minority special interest groups are proclaiming ownership of these labels. We have a president who has shirked all valid criticisms by saying "any attack on me is racially motivated." Any call for immigration laws to be enforced is met with accusations of racism. Thugs are assaulting police officers and, if said thug gets shot by a cop defend himself and enforcing the law, massive marches and demonstrations result calling the police and anyone who supports the police racists.

I think it is a very good thing for middle class America to stand up and say "No, screw you, we don't owe you a goddamned thing" to the lower classes that have guilt tripped the middle class into capitulation.

I think it is a good thing for white America to stand up and say "No, screw you, we're done bending over backwards and appeasing any ridiculous demand for actions that happened 150 years before any of these protestors were even born. You didn't pick my cotton, I didn't put you in shackles, STFU and move on."

I think it is a good thing for Americans to stand up and say "No, screw you, we're America. If you want to enter America and become an American, OK... let's talk. If you want to enter America and change it towards a closer fit to whatever third world cesspit you're fleeing from, meet my middle finger and go somewhere else."

So yeah, I'm happy to see Trump re-invigorate these voters and I hope they/we carry him all the way to the White House in November.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If all the actual bigots and racists (majority of which are now in the progressive camp considering the snowflake generation SJW's) were in Trumps camp, along with the 'normal' republicans and other folks who support him, including the people falsely labelled "bigots" by SJW's, then Trump would have like 90%+ of the vote.
edit on 10-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

These lot who want to be told they will be taken care of by the government, while it's "progressive" policies are to ship their jobs overseas (mainly by these career politicians who will say anything to keep their paychecks steady).

You realize that both Repubs and Dems routinely support outsourcing jobs and free trade agreements, right? GW Bush's administration negotiated NAFTA while he was President, and Clinton's administration implemented it. Clinton's administration negotiated China's acceptance into the WTO, and Dubya Bush's administration implemented it while everyone was distracted by the "War on Terrorism". Or did you somehow forget the millions of jobs and countless factories shipped to China during the Bush years?

Anyway, then Dubya's administration and Obama's administration have each pushed through other free trade deals, which the next President will implement. It's hardly a "progressive policy".

And guess what? Trump benefited from those very same free trade agreements and currently makes many of his branded clothing in other countries like China & Mexico. And have you ever looked at the Libertarian Party's platform or the "Foreign Policy Issues" section on its website? It also supports free trade agreements! LOL I was going to quote it, but it's 4 paragraphs long. So here's a link (HERE), and the good stuff follows this part in the link:

The twin pillars of a sane foreign policy are:

(1) Building positive relationships, with an emphasis on free trade, and

(2) Avoiding negative relationships, with an emphasis on military non-intervention.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here is the important part that will explain the rest of the context in the memo:

Campaign ground games engage high-P voters to express focus-group tested messages to
persuade undecided voters and inoculate their current supporters from being peeled away by
attacks – or to go on the attack themselves. None of these are applicable to our campaign.
Our candidate commands unheard amounts of earned media coverage; the message is getting
out. A recent focus group by Frank Luntz found that attacks on our candidate pushed unsure
voters to us and hardened the commitment of our existing supporters,3 and our candidate can
launch powerful attacks at any time on social media.
Campaigns also devote effort to GOTV on their identified high-P voters, but is this really
necessary if their primary qualification for engagement in the first place was that they were
regular Republican primary voters? And do our own extremely motivated high-P supporters
really need a knock on the door, phone calls, and dozens of direct mail pieces from us to tell
them to go vote, especially when the other candidates are already stuffing their mailboxes?4
What good is spending the effort to get a hard ID on a high-P voter going to do for us? Why not
devote the entirety of that effort to increasing the other coefficient, which all of the evidence
suggests makes so much more sense for us?

Basically saying why focus on their known support and instead work on recruiting the people who normally don't engage in politics. Then follows up with the strategy on how to bring those people out and make them feel comfortable to support Trump.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I've never propped up the GOP machine ever.

It's funny how social stigma's have the "lover income, lower info" 'redneck' type voters are the ones who bitch the loudest about "they took my job", and that somehow being a "bad" thing.

That is, the 'lower/lower" WHITE voters tend to be known for that. When the lower/lower non-white voters vote democrat to suckle off the Nanny State, with a more inherent disregard of the 2 Party Machine working to undermine EVERYBODY, that is to be admired?

It would seem so, as Trump says he wants to work towards balancing the tilted table back towards something that is fair for US (all), he gets blown off and slandered as a "racist" "bigot" who is to be regarded as 'only' being supported by lower/lower whites (the inherent implication being that lower/lower whites are DUMBER than lower/lower non-whites for not being mostly in the Democrat camp AND they're RACISTS "because" they are white).

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What I'm getting out of this is that Trumps campaign is trying to tell people

-Hey, we get that our supporters are being called all kinds of names. We get that you don't feel comfortable showing your support because maybe you fear or worry being labeled these things... Don't worry we support you and we are here for you...

What is wrong with that? No where did it say these people ARE actual bigots and racist and stupid..Just called that...

And can you blame the people who are afraid or worried to come out and possibly be labeled these things?

I mean look on this thread alone and people ARE calling them exactly those things..

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Sadly so, sadly so. New voters I personally know who are Trump supporters have taken advantage of federal programs to help them out, but they do not realize that these programs are the very ones Trump's economic advisers advocate as being either on the chopping block or set to be privatized and made voluntary (such as Social Security, Medicare, etc).

Other stories I've heard told from some new voters who favor Trump are tragic; they're the generation whose parents had great jobs in steel mills and manufacturing but who were laid off themselves years ago as those jobs shut down and who grew to rely on low wage jobs that replaced the high wage ones, and often less hours per week. They're the ones who supply side economics left behind. And yet, Trump's economic advisors advise even more supply side.

These are the people whose parents Reagan used to get their votes for the Reagan Revolution, yet they became trampled underfoot economically in the Revolution. And now, their generation is once again being invited to vote based on promises, promises needed to garner the votes which are needed to ensure that the economic system continues to abuse them.

And rather than once and for all repudiate racism and bigotry, racism and bigotry is given a "safe space". This nation should be moving away from racism and bigotry, not continue to give it political voice and power.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I thought engaging disenfranchised voters was a good thing... isn't that what we were told to learn from the Acorn fiasco?

Correct.
Acorn's mission was to mobilize minority voters.
Trump's campaign strategy was/is to mobilize people described as "racists" and "bigots"

You can discern what is and what is not a "good thing" for yourself.

We have a president who has shirked all valid criticisms by saying "any attack on me is racially motivated."

Reality does not support that claim. Pres. Obama has actually been the least vocal to claim racism motivates the bizzare birther movement etc despite everyone knowing exactly what it is..Trump was a fierce birther BTW...

Any call for immigration laws to be enforced is met with accusations of racism.

Again you seem to be disconnected from reality. Pres. Obama has deported more illegal aliens than any POTUS in history, during falling illegal immigration due to the financial crisis I might add...and it is the GOP that has obstructed any immigration law reforms.

Thugs are assaulting police officers

I always wonder if the descriptor "thugs" includes white criminals?

and, if said thug gets shot by a cop defend himself and enforcing the law, massive marches and demonstrations result calling the police and anyone who supports the police racists.

I haven't seen those marches? I have seen marches associated with videos' where it is clear as day the officer had no business opening fire on the "suspect".

Strange I haven't see those protests? Where people march to defend a criminal who was about to kill a police officer?

I think it is a very good thing for middle class America to stand up and say "No, screw you, we don't owe you a goddamned thing" to the lower classes that have guilt tripped the middle class into capitulation.

Not sure what that is either...Trump is championing that? If so how?..and dare I ask why?

I think it is a good thing for white America to stand up

Of for effs sake...Did you just say "White America" ???
America is America and we are all different colors..

I think it is a good thing for Americans to stand up and say "No, screw you, we're America. If you want to enter America and become an American, OK... let's talk. If you want to enter America and change it towards a closer fit to whatever third world cesspit you're fleeing from, meet my middle finger and go somewhere else."

The entire history of America the Melting Pot would seem to prove your fear centers have jumped the shark..or more accurately been strategically inflamed for political purposes.

So yeah, I'm happy to see Trump re-invigorate these voters and I hope they/we carry him all the way to the White House in November.

I think you should contemplate a plan B.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

edit on 10-8-2016 by desert because: duplicate post

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There is what is called scare quotes around the word "safe space", meaning the word is being used ironically or in a satirical fashion.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think it is a good thing for white America to stand up and say "No, screw you, we're done bending over backwards and appeasing any ridiculous demand for actions that happened 150 years before any of these protestors were even born. You didn't pick my cotton, I didn't put you in shackles, STFU and move on."

Now you still are not the equal to we whites so remember your place. This is the way that a majority of Trumps supporters think.

Yes we want to become dead in the water because history has proven that our diversity has been one of our greatest strengths.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If all the actual bigots and racists (majority of which are now in the progressive camp considering the snowflake generation SJW's) were in Trumps camp, along with the 'normal' republicans and other folks who support him, including the people falsely labelled "bigots" by SJW's, then Trump would have like 90%+ of the vote.

Most of the racist and bigots are already in Trumps camp who else are the Tea Party members going to vote for.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Michael Brown, Fergusson #BLM riot.

Officer responded to a call about a robbery (a robbery which Brown did, in fact, commit). Brown tried to grab the officer's gun, failed, and then tried to flee. When the officer pursued, Brown turned on him and advanced towards the officer and was rightfully shot dead. The resulting wide scale protest cum riot made national news along with it's insipidly simplistic and non-nuanced "hands up, don't shoot" fad.

Obama Excuses...

(Don't believe the hype, either... he didn't "finally" play the race card, he played it 8 years ago extensively.

Obama and immigration:
He hasn't "deported" more illegals. He just changed the way things are reported.
www.washingtonpost.com...

America: the "melting pot"
That was then, this is now. There are no new lands to conquer and claim, the west is settled, we don't have an industry sector desperate for laborers. Time to shut the doors, hang the "No Vacancy" sign, and provide an easy exit for anyone who doesn't want to assimilate to traditional American culture.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Actually no, strength is our greatest strength. Economic and military strength win every time. All the rest of this crap is stuff we can afford to worry about when our economic and military strength is booming (here's a hint: Neither is looking too strong over the past 10 years.)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You missed the point, that the DNC base now are these people who follow the Critical Race Theory / Progressive stack, these PC's / SJW's, and these people are bonefide racists / bigots as that's is the very nature of CRT/PS.

Therefore, if "all" of the nations racist & bigot electorate were in Trumps camp that would mean, along with all the actual 'white bigots' AND EVERYBODY ELSE in Trumps camp, he would have 90%, let me change that to 95% of the vote.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Youtube search for "obamacare racist" (About 267,000 results)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Most of the racist and bigots are already in Trumps camp

#BLM, La Raza, SPLC, and the New Black Panthers are in Trump's camp now? WOW! That'll certainly help us in November. Excellent!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Don't forget the KKK.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Don't forget the KKK.

I figured they're financially vested enough in Hillary that they were considered outliers in buster's comment. He did say "most of the racists and bigots" not all of them, so I presumed he was talking about them as the holdouts.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I say:
WHOEVER SMELT IT DELT IT.

In regards to the progressives making such a point and not letting up about about lower/lower whites tending to be in the conservative camp, while ignoring that the lower/lower non-whites tend to be int eh progressive camp, and then making the whole argument about the whites "being racists" because of it (as if the other side wouldn't have the same motivation if racism were actually the case here).

Perhaps though, for this its better to say:
WHOEVER HYPED IT PIPED IT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join