It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Memo: Strategy Was To Provide ‘SAFE SPACE’ For Voters Called ‘Bigots’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Indigo5
All of that language can refer to anyone who has been attacked and labelled as such ..

Correct..The strategy was to mobilize folks that were politically disengaged, low information voters (don't know or care who John Kasich is) and who were likely have been called "stupid,” “racists,” and “bigots” for their views.

I'm starting to wonder about what level "info" a debater you are.

What I'm saying is everything I see quoted from this supposed memo could be applied to people (ANYBODY) who has been attacked by SJW's and labelled bigots etc.

For you, that source to then go stir "low info" type diatribe into the pot and run it as the "big story" is entirely disingenuous, and outright Intelligence Shaming (which is bigotry).
edit on 10-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It is no secret Trumps base is the lower income, less educated crowd. They want to hear all their problems are foreigners fault, Mexicans, Chinese etc. They want to be told that the days before the US became a modern economy will be back, when uneducated, unskilled labor was all jobs required. They want somebody to blame and promise of an over night fix. So that is what Trump has sold them. Sadly they none of what they want will come true.

Nobody wants to hear in a modern capitalist society their will always be a group left behind. That those without the right education or skill have less and less a role in a modern economy. They do not want that ugly truth. The ironic part is Trump has long history of screwing these very people over. And because they are so lost in the fantasy Trump has sold them, they will never know they being taken on a ride.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is not a surprise. Anyone who looked at the situation without bias, could see that this was Trumps strategy. It was obvious from the beginning. Right from the start Trump courted this segment of the voting base. Now that it is out in the open. People will of course deny. Because they do not want to think of themselves in a negative way.

Now that the general election has started he will start to back off from this strategy. Which he has already begun to do. It was a clever tactic to win the nomination and nothing more. He tricked the same equivalent of the Republican voting base that Obama did with the Democrat voting base in 2008. More hope and change that will never happen.

Of course this also means that Trump is not the blow-hard bumbling clown that the left portrays him as. You can not have it both ways. He can not be an idiot and a clever manipulator at the same time. All this shows is that once again, EVERYONE has been played for a fool.
edit on 10-8-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
Some are even crazy enough to just want to be treated as actual members of American society.

Weird...I know.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

The memo linked at the bottom of the OP literally says what's in the OP.

In the media and in certain social circles, our low-P supporters have been called “stupid,” “racists,” and “bigots.” The “elites” look down on them, and there is evidence they deny their support for our candidate because they fear being ostracized.

That’s why the engagement scripts for low-P must all open with a warm and friendly disclosure: “I’m a volunteer for Mr. Trump’s campaign for President.” This lets them know they’re in a “safe space.”

The part I just quoted from the OP is exactly what's in the memo, word for word. It's copied directly from the last 2 paragraphs of page 3 and the 1st paragraph of the 4th page in the memo.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I thought engaging disenfranchised voters was a good thing... isn't that what we were told to learn from the Acorn fiasco?

link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
It's not an "article". It's literally the Trump memo. If you click the link at the bottom of the OP, it's a link to the actual pdf of the memo. It's only 4 pages, so it makes for a quick read, too.

Based on a description of High-T/Low-P, with the added descriptors of having been called 'stupid', 'racist', and/or 'bigots', you will find that approx 43% of the US population qualifies (at last count).

Pretty sure you made up that stat as it makes no sense as is contradicted by the memo we are discussing.

You have a link?

link   

originally posted by: amicktd

In the media and in certain social circles, our low-P supporters have been called “stupid,”
“racists,” and “bigots.” The “elites” look down on them, and there is evidence they deny their
support for our candidate because they fear being ostracized.

That’s why the engagement scripts for low-P must all open with a warm and friendly disclosure:
“I’m a volunteer for Mr. Trump’s campaign for President.” This lets them know they’re in a “safe space.” Then we follow with an encouraging invitation: “We’d like you join us, to help us Make America Great Again. Can we count on your vote in the upcoming primary?”

Here is the real context and not some hack job by a left leaning liberal site. Yep, taken way out of context.

Firstly...I provided the link to the actual memo in my OP...so, not sure how you can infer hack job?

Secondly...it says what it says...how does what you excerpted change anything?

Yep, and your OP is all based on propaganda as I just pointed out.

My OP is literally based on a Campaign Strategy Memo from the Trump Campaign..full memo linked and all..

How are things in bizzaro world? Where anything anti-Trump including Trump himself speaking or actual docs from his campaign instantly become "Propaganda" when it doesn't support your Pro-Trump world view?

I said your OP is "based" on propaganda, which means the article is full of ####. Don't be offended!

It's not an "article". It's literally the Trump memo. If you click the link at the bottom of the OP, it's a link to the actual pdf of the memo. It's only 4 pages, so it makes for a quick read, too.

Yep thanks I found it, but there was an article in the OP as well. I guess I got flustered due to everything taken out of context lately. Guess its time for another break from ATS for a bit.

The Trump memo didn't label his supporters racist, bigots, or low info voters. It just stated there are different categories of voters. Some very knowledgable, some not so knowledgable, others being labeled and afraid to show their support. It's pretty messed up that a white guy like myself can't show support for my candidate. I guess people will read what they want to read these days.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I thought engaging disenfranchised voters was a good thing... isn't that what we were told to learn from the Acorn fiasco?

Correct.
Acorn's mission was to mobilize minority voters.
Trump's campaign strategy was/is to mobilize people described as "racists" and "bigots"

You can discern what is and what is not a "good thing" for yourself.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Maybe...

Well except for all the majorities of blacks, illegal immigrants, rubber stamped Middle Eastern refugees, are Clinton supporters according to polls, and who would as groups fall into "lower income, lower education" classification, the majorities of whom are apparently Clinton / progressive supporters. These lot who want to be told they will be taken care of by the government, while it's "progressive" policies are to ship their jobs overseas (mainly by these career politicians who will say anything to keep their paychecks steady).

Oh, and the other bulk of the progressive base are these mainly upper-middle/upper class Snowflake Generation kids who go to college just to obsess about how to lobotomize the English language to suit their oppression scales, how to invent new genders and such, how to enforce their thought control agenda on everyone else (which in short ends up with them labeling all opposition as "bigots".

So if this Trumps supporters are "lower income/education" is reality, well it sounds like across the board Jerry Springer sh#tkickerdom to me, about at this point we're at here, or perhaps something akin to an even score (yet the only ones we see IQ Shaming their others are the holier than thou progressives).

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Trump supporter here. Never been racist or homophobic in my life. But keep trying!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

LOL Virtually ALL Trump supporters have been labelled Racists and Bigots by those on the left.
Meanwhile, it's the Trump supporters that are being violently attacked:
Trump supporter beaten with a crowbar

Veteran punched for wearing Trump hat

Clinton supporter Lights flag on fire and attacks Trump supporter

Man's Trump sign goes up in flames

Maybe Trump voters need a "Safe Space"

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Acorn's mission was to mobililze people described as "super predator" by Hillary Clinton and her fellow political elite.

So using your logic that means in your mind they were/are super predators since you are so willing to brand disenfranchised voters as racists and bigots just because they were unfairly labeled as such by the political elite.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Pretty sure you made up that stat as it makes no sense as is contradicted by the memo we are discussing.

You have a link?

Whoops, you are correct, the correct value is 45%.

Last election had 55% eligible voter turnout. Low-P is, by definition, those that are able to vote, that don't.

Ergo, the minimum number of eligible voters that qualify for 'Low-P' is 45%.

If we disregard the Low-P qualification, that number skyrockets. 'The media and certain social circles' have called everything under the sun 'stupid', 'racist', and/or 'bigots' at one point or another since this election cycle has started. It could easily be argued that very close to 100% of the US eligible voter base is included, if we forego the 'Low-P' qualification.
edit on 10-8-2016 by peck420 because: Confusing my p's and t's.

edit on 10-8-2016 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: amicktd

Yep thanks I found it, but there was an article in the OP as well. I guess I got flustered due to everything taken out of context lately. Guess its time for another break from ATS for a bit.

No problem. And nope, don't take a break from here, either. Feedback from all "sides" should be welcome.

The Trump memo didn't label his supporters racist, bigots, or low info voters. It just stated there are different categories of voters. Some very knowledgable, some not so knowledgable, others being labeled and afraid to show their support. It's pretty messed up that a white guy like myself can't show support for my candidate. I guess people will read what they want to read these days

It literally says in the 2nd to last paragraph on page 3 "In the media and in certain social circles, our low-P supporters have been called “stupid,” “racists,” and “bigots.”"

Though it's technically only saying their supporters have been called that, not that they actually are that.

link   

For you, that source to then go stir "low info" type diatribe into the pot and run it as the "big story" is entirely disingenuous, and outright Intelligence Shaming (which is bigotry).

I did not "stir "low info" diatribe into the pot?

That was the Trump campaigns target..The actual MEMO

After all, not only are these people unlikely to vote, they have no clue who John Kasich is or why they ought to miss their kid’s soccer game on a Tuesday night for him.

These are people who may not know where to vote, whether or not they are eligible to participate, and what the hours are.

I suggest if you have issue, you take it up with the Trump campaign...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone

LOL Virtually ALL Trump supporters have been labelled Racists and Bigots by those on the left.
Meanwhile, it's the Trump supporters that are being violently attacked:
Trump supporter beaten with a crowbar

Veteran punched for wearing Trump hat

Clinton supporter Lights flag on fire and attacks Trump supporter

Man's Trump sign goes up in flames

Maybe Trump voters need a "Safe Space"

Exactly!

Also see here:
Social Justice Assault Warriors TV Marathon!

Wouldn't people being so irrational that their common responses to opposition is to label them a bigot to SILENCE THEM and/or physically ASSAULT them be self-evident proof that they are the lowest IQ????

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It is no secret Trumps base is the lower income, less educated crowd.

If this is what you think, then fair enough. My observations seem to be the exact opposite. The Trump supporters I know personally own homes, have jobs, own businesses, etc. None of us are rich by any means, but we definitely can take care of ourselves and families. The only ones screaming Hillary that I know of are not very financially sound right now. Maybe thats just my observations though.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I did not "stir "low info" diatribe into the pot?

That was the Trump campaigns target..The actual MEMO

After all, not only are these people unlikely to vote, they have no clue who John Kasich is or why they ought to miss their kid’s soccer game on a Tuesday night for him.

These are people who may not know where to vote, whether or not they are eligible to participate, and what the hours are.

I suggest if you have issue, you take it up with the Trump campaign...

Maybe you should read the memo again.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You have a link?

Whoops, you are correct, the correct value is 45%.

Last election had 55% eligible voter turnout. Low-P is, by definition, those that are able to vote, that don't.

Ergo, the minimum number of eligible voters that qualify for 'Low-P' is 45%.

That is not what you claimed at all..

Based on a description of High-T/Low-P, with the added descriptors of having been called 'stupid', 'racist', and/or 'bigots', you will find that approx 43% of the US population qualifies (at last count).

Low propensity voters might very well be around 43%...but you claimed that 43% represented "High-T/Low-P, with the added descriptors of having been called 'stupid', 'racist', and/or 'bigots'"

You included high-t/low-p plus the racists, bigoted qualifiers and said that is 43% of the country?

Can't tell if you are interjecting confusion or dishonesty here..Please clarify.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join